Code of Conduct

Smile Santa Maria Novella acqua di colonia!!!

Hello everyone!
    I would like recs for colognes similar to Santa Maria Novella acqua di colonia and Acqua di Parma colonia.I really adore them for day wear!
    Thank you!!!

Default Re: Santa Maria Novella acqua di colonia!!!

Hello, Maya, and welcome to Basenotes!
    I'm a big fan of both AdP and SMN too. I find SMN to be lighter and with less longevity than the AdP. But a notch up from Adp in both richness and longevity is Lorenzo Villoresi's fragrance by the same name. In fact, once I smelled it, I was afraid to use it too much for fear it would replace my love of AdP. Which, of course, doesn't exactly make sense.
    Chance are, you're aware that AdP also makes lovely lovely flankers: Colonia Assoluta and Colonia Intensa. I'm not much of a flanker fan, but these other two delight my nose--even more than the Colonia.
    cheers,
    tim

Oops, double post. Sawree!

Oh, try the Trumper Portugal as well. That one is really great if you like a zesty orange rind scent.
    Last edited by adonis; 15th October 2009 at 02:11 AM.

I have worn AdP Colonia for 15 or so years - it's my reference citrus. You might enjoy Bergamote by The Different Company, which is another personal favourite.

Bergamote is not as nuanced as AdP Colonia - it doesn't have the floral presence along with the citrus - it's more single minded. very bright and not really sweet. In terms of a pure uplifting citurs it is amazing, especially for summer.

You might also want to look at Hermes Eau d' Orange Verte and, possibly, Pamplemousse (a grapefruit take on the genre).

There's not much beating Acqua di Parma Colonia, but if I would suggest:

Chanel's Cologne: great crisp citrus, but extremely expensive

D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne: a classic British take on cologne with light florals, powder, citrus, and musk (this is the current reformulation, previous formulations have been stuffy fougeres)

Guerlain Fleur de Cedrat: nice classic eau, but makes AdP look like a sillage and longevity monster