Code of Conduct

Default Delving deeper into Carons and Parfumerie Generale frags...sampling recommendations?

Hi there,

After going through the Frederic Malles and the classic Diors, I want to start exploring the Carons and Parfumerie Generale a bit more. I was wondering if the more experienced BNers could help me out with some recommendations please?

The only ones I have tried from both houses are the Tubereuse and Tubereuse Couture scents and I love both. I am a bit unsure of Caron, as I have read of the dark base, which scares me a bit.

I tend to love bright/green/cool florals, and notes such as lily, bergamot, civet and vetiver in the drydown, tuberose, lily of the valley, mimosa, musk in the drydown. I can do a bit of aldehyde and just beginning to warm up to the chypre category

But I also want to expand my fragance horizons....I just don't like anything too sweet and I don't tend to like patchoul/amber/incensy type scents.....

Many thanks everyone!

Default Re: Delving deeper into Carons and Parfumerie Generale frags...sampling recommendatio

Good to see some interest in Parfumerie Generale frags

For PG -- this, this, this, and this threads should be of immense help to you. I'm sure there are more.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Default Re: Delving deeper into Carons and Parfumerie Generale frags...sampling recommendatio

Many thanks!! Very useful. Well, Tubereuse Couture and Jardin de Kerylos were recommended to me by someone who knows a lot about fumes....

TC was the first frag in a while that knocked me dead in my tracks...an absolutely stunning frag IMHO, hence the piqued interest....

Many thanks for your help