Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Musc Ravageur FM and L'Ombre Fauve PG

What do you guys think of Musc Ravageur and L'Ombre Fauve?
    Which one is the better scent? Or could both fit in one wardrobe?
    A king is not put in a palace before it is adorned. A heart's treasure is unlocked only when that heart is purified.

Default Re: Musc Ravageur FM and L'Ombre Fauve PG

I personally prefer L'ombre Fauve but think that both could fit in one wardrobe. (though I'd replace MR with MKK)

L'ombre Fauve is a complex sexy animalic and ambery blend of musks, woods, incense, and patchouli that feels like wearing a second-skin from a cougar's fur coat, making you feel like the predator. On the other hand, Musc Ravaguer is an animalic vanilla and cinnamon that is on the sweeter side with a surprising absence of musk. (initially at least) MR would be the prey in this case. It's good, but there are better options out there.
    Last edited by moltening; 15th October 2009 at 07:13 PM.

both are excellent scents and are poles apart in it's smell and approach. if i had to choose one, it'd be PG L'Ombre Fuave.

The only complain i'd have about MR is that it's kinda fleeting after couple of hours...one would need to over spray this one for it to last whole day. Its fab, but not a recommended choice if you are getting L'Ombre. You'd be better of buying Noir Epices instead if, you decide to buy a scent (each) from these two houses (specifically)
    Last edited by jenson; 15th October 2009 at 04:12 PM.

I've got to try L'Ombre Fauve. Ten positive reviews in the directory with no neutrals or negatives!

Add another vote for L'Ombre Fauve here, not that MR is bad. I don't find the PG as musky as the Malle, but the balance of amber, patchouli and incense is just exquisite. I do wish I had a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening;1645398[B
    L'ombre Fauve[/B] is a complex sexy animalic and ambery blend of musks, woods, incense, and patchouli that feels like wearing a second-skin from a cougar's fur coat, making you feel like the predator. On the other hand, Musc Ravaguer is an animalic vanilla and cinnamon that is on the sweeter side with a surprising absence of musk. (initially at least) MR would be the prey in this case. It's good, but there are better options out there.
    Precisely.

My pick is obviously L'Ombre Fauve -- it's my holy grail scent. One more thing I love about L'Ombre Fauve is it's delicate balance of notes and accords, neither of which overwhelm the other -- the scent literally surrounds and envelopes the wearer in a silky smooth layer of animalic musc, like a fur coat as mentioned above.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Very different fragrances. No comparing them. In short, I'd class L'Ombre Fauve as patchouli-amber; Musc Ravageur as a gourmand musk.