Code of Conduct

Default Costume National Homme

This sounds like another must sniff.
    Especially considering the nose is Dominique Ropion!

http://www.nstperfume.com/2009/10/15...new-fragrance/
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Costume National Homme

I'm looking forward to it too...although I find some of Ropion's work a bit crude (a la Amarige), but when he gets it right, he really gets it right!

"CoSTUME NATIONAL HOMME is the traveller of a symbolic metropolitan jungle which seems made of emotions. He loves sobriety and he likes to surround himself with unique items, which reveal a deep research in quality and design. His style is essential and innovative, however he never forgets rock & roll energy. He combines elements apparently in contradiction, creating a new balance between night and day, severity and transgression.

He is seductive, mysterious… definitely UNIQUE!"

Who writes these things!? They must love their job.

In the heart and base: cinnamon, thyme, cloves, patchouli, sandalwood and labdanum.
    Mmmmmmm that sounds nice.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 16th October 2009 at 08:10 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Oh HELL YES!

I don't know... the notes don't sound all-together unique (at least in a way that say, Scent Intense is). Hopefully it won't smell run of the mill.

LiveJazz, I've rewritten the advertisement, because re-writing is more fun that writing!:

"CoSTUME NATIONAL HOMME is a couch potato of a symbolic cave dwelling which seems made of body odor. He loves hangovers and he likes to surround himself with things purchased from Walmart, which reveal a desire for affordability and practicality. His style is run of the mill; wife-beaters with complimentary mustard stains on the front and arm pit sweat stains on the side. The closest to energy he gets is trolling from the couch to the fridge, to grab another RockStar drink... Giving him enough calories to make it back to the couch where he wraps himself up in a layer of potato chip crumbs and cheetos powder. Mmmm.... Now there's a one-two basenote knockout combo.

His seductiveness could make him mistaken for a transgendered pedophile, as he is mysterious, and definitely UNIQUE!

Hmmm... Not sure if that would get anybody too excited or not.
    Last edited by The Bark; 16th October 2009 at 10:20 PM.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post

LiveJazz, I've rewritten the advertisement, because re-writing is more fun that writing!:

"CoSTUME NATIONAL HOMME is a couch potato of a symbolic cave dwelling which seems made of body odor. He loves hangovers and he likes to surround himself with things purchased from Walmart, which reveal a desire for affordability and practicality. His style is run of the mill; wife-beaters with complimentary mustard stains on the front and arm pit sweat stains on the side. The closest to energy he gets is trolling from the couch to the fridge, to grab another RockStar drink... Giving him enough calories to make it back to the couch where he wraps himself up in a layer of potato chip crumbs and cheetos powder. Mmmm.... Now there's a one-two basenote knockout combo.

His seductiveness could make him mistaken for a transgendered pedophile, as he is mysterious, and definitely UNIQUE!

Hmmm... Not sure if that would get anybody too excited or not.
    Who needs cologne when you have RockStar and Cheetos powder?! There's a guy who never forgets his rock & roll energy.

Seriously, what is "rock & roll energy," anyway? Are they serious? I would never buy this fragrance based on that little creative writing gem.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Seriously, what is "rock & roll energy," anyway? Are they serious? I would never buy this fragrance based on that little creative writing gem.
    I agree, it sounds like nothing but cheesy bunk.
    But based on their past fragrances and the nose behind this latest scent, i am looking forward to it.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Don't his rock & roll energy and love of sobriety kinda conflict?
    Last edited by monsieur_sparkle; 17th October 2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: grammar nazi

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    "CoSTUME NATIONAL HOMME is the traveller of a symbolic metropolitan jungle which seems made of emotions. He loves sobriety and he likes to surround himself with unique items, which reveal a deep research in quality and design. His style is essential and innovative, however he never forgets rock & roll energy. He combines elements apparently in contradiction, creating a new balance between night and day, severity and transgression.

He is seductive, mysterious… definitely UNIQUE!"

Who writes these things!? They must love their job.

In the heart and base: cinnamon, thyme, cloves, patchouli, sandalwood and labdanum.
    Mmmmmmm that sounds nice.
    if the notes dont scream at you MUSC RAVAGEUR!!! i dont know what will....
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

On my hand it is a copy of Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme. Very figgy stuff and similar to a lot of other fig-scents! I think it is easy to lose interest in this scent after a couple of wearings.

Mic.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    This is a gorgeous scent.
    I blind bought it after recommendations from Dimitri & Jathanas.
    gupts, I think you must be referring to Costume national Scent Intense, as Ive not made any recommendations of the new Homme, as Ive not smelled it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    On my hand it is a copy of Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme. Very figgy stuff and similar to a lot of other fig-scents! I think it is easy to lose interest in this scent after a couple of wearings.

Mic.
    Mic, my fellow countryman! May I ask where you managed to sniff Homme? Did you source it here in Denmark? If so, please tell me where!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

Mic, my fellow countryman! May I ask where you managed to sniff Homme? Did you source it here in Denmark? If so, please tell me where!
    Hi Dimitri,

They have it in "Illum" - right on the sport where I caught you smelling to the Creeds

Mic.

Haha! I thought we'd never speak of that in public!!

OK, next time Im in the big smoke, Id love to try it out!
    I'll be in Hamburg next weekend - perhaps theyll have it there?!

Cheers for the heads up Mic!
    Dimi

gupts, I think you must be referring to Costume national Scent Intense, as Ive not made any recommendations of the new Homme, as Ive not smelled it yet!
    My bad mate.......It must be one of those 4AM posts that I made

I'd edit it rightaway..

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    My bad mate.......It must be one of those 4AM posts that I made

I'd edit it rightaway..
    No bad at all - occasionally members confuse myself and "Dimitrios", and I thought perhaps HE had made a recommendation.

Still no reviews?

Mic.

I didnt find it in Hamburg Mic, which was quite surprising.
    It has not yet reached Odense, so, Im waiting with ENORMOUS anticipation!

After a short-term stay in Paris I took a sample with me yesterday. I didn't try it yet, as it is about number 10 on the waiting list...
    What a pleasure to try the Kurkdjian fragrances, especially Cologne pour Soir - absolutly gorgeous with a high addiction potential! Needless to mention that I bought a bottle right away. I do love it!

fly777, have you used your sample yet? I'd love to hear more opinions about this one.

Thanks to a kind Basenoter, this was my SoTD today... I am already a huge fan!

This is a sophisticated, surprising release which has both gourmand and woody/spicy characteristics. As an edp it delivers in terms of persistence too. Though marketed to men, I dare say there will be women who will fall for its charms as well!
    Ive uploaded a full review on my blog for anyone who cares to hear me rant more.

I want a FB of this STAT.

:wave::wave:
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 1st December 2009 at 02:23 PM.

Dimitri, I had to smile when I read "Innovation comes in the form of an invisible tube to draw up the juice: something never seen before." Did you intend some irony with that?
    The Bark Bites Back.

LOL, no I wasnt being intentionally ironic, but now I read it back there is a very obvious pun there ("Invisible tube" / "never seen before") lol!

But no - as far as all the visuals are concerned, there is no visible tube, despite it being a transparent glass flacon. Im intrigued to see it in the flesh.

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 1st December 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Costume National Homme

Excellent review. I enjoyed it.
    Now i want a bottle too -- ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Excellent review. I enjoyed it.
    Now i want a bottle too -- ASAP!
    Count me in too!

Im easily wowed at the "invisible" tube inside this bottle... can anyone else who owns a bottle tell me how this is achieved? Something to do with the viscosity of the juice, perhaps?

Im easily wowed at the "invisible" tube inside this bottle... can anyone else who owns a bottle tell me how this is achieved? Something to do with the viscosity of the juice, perhaps?
    I have a bottle, though the Perry Ellis scent that came out over a year ago was the first I had with this type of tube. My guess is it's made of thinner type of plastic that has more translucency. It's "there", just not as noticeable as some of the thicker tubing that may look more opaque.
    The Bark Bites Back.

My Lumiere Noire and APOM (Kurkdjian) bottles have that invisible tube thing too, I think.

Also own CN Homme, love it. Still have to sample the other ones in this line.
    Last edited by eric; 8th January 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

The new Guerlain feminine, Idylle, had the invisible atomizer tube also. You really have to hold it up very close in very bright light, to notice it.

I am interested in smelling this one also.

Is this available anywhere in Toronto, Canada?

Does anyone know how long Barney's has the exclusive for?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Does anyone know how long Barney's has the exclusive for?
    I'm curious about this too, and I don't even see it listed on their website, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    I'm curious about this too, and I don't even see it listed on their website, am I missing something?
    I e-mailed Barney's a couple weeks ago asking if and when it will be sold on their website.
    So far, no response. Oh well. Screw them!

All i know is, when Luckyscent gets this in, i'm going to pounce on it!
    I have been itching to try (buy) this, for what seems like a long time.
    Last edited by ajmc; 9th January 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Will have to wait to give it a smell, not going to be available in my country for some time, I guess.
    There is a London visit coming, though. Can't wait to try.
    "Friends are the family you choose"

New to the fragrances thing, : D.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    I have a bottle, though the Perry Ellis scent that came out over a year ago was the first I had with this type of tube. My guess is it's made of thinner type of plastic that has more translucency. It's "there", just not as noticeable as some of the thicker tubing that may look more opaque.

This technology has been around for awhile the GAP fragrances all have this type of tube and even the ultra inexpensive new Legend by Micheal Jordan has it.

As I posted in another thread, I made a special trip to Barney's the other day just to try this release and came away extremely disappointed. "Scrub off" juice, IMHO.

- Brad
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Sur la Plage

Thumbs up Re: Costume National Homme

Count me as a HUGE fan of this fragrance! The blend of citrus, amber and spices (especially the cinnamon and cardamom which have always been favorites of mine) is fantastic - plus it has excellent longevity.

I am sure it will not be for everybody - thankfully. But for those of you wearing it, I bet you smell absolutely f'ing incredible!

A BIG thumbs up!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Some people may like it but definitely not blind-buy material.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Basenotes Institution

So what is the price of this?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So what is the price of this?
    I am not positive, but I think 50ml = $80 or $85 and 100ml = $110
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Its now available at Luckyscent.
    I just ordered my bottle....finally!

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...nal/Homme.html

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Its now available at Luckyscent.
    I just ordered my bottle....finally!

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...nal/Homme.html
    I was gonna blind buy this one since I haven't done that in a while ... but I get a little nervous when the description says "timeless". It always suggests "old fashioned" to me. So I just went safe this time with a sample purchase.

Basenotes Institution

I wore this today, from a sample, courtesy of a generous Basenoter.

Wow! Not what I expected, but in a sort of good way. It's highly diffusive & radiant (think Heritage by Guerlain and/or Fahrenheit Absolute by Dior) and there's a wood/gaiac facet to it that reminds me of a stewed pepper/paprka smell. Extremely hard to describe.

I had a headache in the evening, and I'm hoping it was not the CNH (maybe it was my scent-of-the-afternoon, Vintage Tabarome by Creed?). Nonetheless, when I took my evening shower, the scent reared it's head again and I got another strong whiff of that wonderful sweet-spicy- woody aura.

It smells like nothing Ropion has ever done, which makes me admire him even more since he never ceases to surprise me with his fragrances. I look forward to wearing it again to give it more skin time.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 5th February 2010 at 04:04 AM.

Basenotes Institution

There is a certain accord in this, that reminds me of port wine, minus some of the sweet-fruit. Imagine a drier Pomegranate Noir. I've smelled it once before and it's such an odd accord. Anyone else smell this?

I wonder if the Saks in Charleston, SC, is carrying this. I'll be going there this weekend. I get a Valentine's Cologne from my sweetie almost every year. She has impeccable taste...hence, me!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    There is a certain accord in this, that reminds me of port wine, minus some of the sweet-fruit. Imagine a drier Pomegranate Noir. I've smelled it once before and it's such an odd accord. Anyone else smell this?
    To me there´s some green, "fig" like note in the top, a bit like Diptyque Phylosikos.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

OMG! I have a sample of this,
    provided by Dimi the Great,
    AND IT'S GORGEOUS..!

I'm not at all competent to
    analyze it, but by God it's
    good..!

Gimme gimme gimme..!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 3rd March 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    OMG! I have a sample of this,
    provided by Dimi the Great,
    AND IT'S GORGEOUS..!

I'm not at all competent to
    analyze it, but by God it's
    good..!

Gimme gimme gimme..!
    Attaboy!

Picked this up the other day from Barney's and I'm so thrilled to have found it. It's spicy, and slightly sweet. Behaves very well on the skin with very modest silage and terrific longevity. I've always loved the smell of cinnamon and CNH does it really really well. I'm sure there are many other people looking for a new fall frag and I'd definitely suggest checking this one out!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    Picked this up the other day from Barney's and I'm so thrilled to have found it. It's spicy, and slightly sweet. Behaves very well on the skin with very modest silage and terrific longevity. I've always loved the smell of cinnamon and CNH does it really really well. I'm sure there are many other people looking for a new fall frag and I'd definitely suggest checking this one out!
    I agree, I think it's a fabulous fragrance.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

A near 100% rip off of Salvatore Ferragamo PH. Thumbs down!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

i really dig this one....blew my expectations away...it loud yet soft and spicy as hell...on me it is all cinnamon and clove(cigarette) with a hint of something sweet..when it dries down it smells almost intoxicating(in a good way)...you can smell it on your shirt even after you take it off.

Its funny, i kept wondering why I liked it so much and then it hit me...imo it smells very similar to, if not a bit more pungent than, Boss Soul...which is one of my favorite designer scents out there..in fact I hadnt owned a bottle in quite some time and I remmber i loved it and people complimented me on it, but then I traded someone for this and it does the job and then some!!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron