Code of Conduct

Default Rive Gauche or Rive Gauche Light?

I am thinking of getting a bottle. I like the original Rive Gauche pour homme, but as many have said, it is a tad strong. Which would you recommend and why?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Rive Gauche or Rive Gauche Light?

The original Rive Gauche pour Homme - because it is a tad strong
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I say hogwash. Better to have something strong than something too light. If it really turns out to be stronger than you expected, simply spray under your clothes and not on the exterior.

The 'light' version of Rive Gauche is substantially different from the standard EdT: It adds an aquatic note up top and more or less subtracts the talcum powder note.

I'm no fan of aquatics, so I didn't love that part, but I also dislike powdery scents, so I liked that they removed it from the light version.

All in all, not bad, though considering how hard it is to find the light, the standard really is quite good and easy to be happy with.

If you MUST have the light version...I have a bottle I'm willing to part with (with cap and box, sprayed about 12 times). PM me if you're seriously interested.

I bought the Rive Gauche Light whilst on holiday and have no regrets. At its heart it has the same wonderful barbershop / shaving foam accords that we all appreciate in the regular bottle, only the 'volume' has been turned down to a 7.5 out of 10. Light is the way to go for me!

Any Rive Gauche! Both versions remain masterpieces, at least to me.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Rive Gauche pour Homme is a masterpiece
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Rive Gauche Intense! The stronger, the better..

Just the usual one. I dont find it overbearing but just perfect in both sillage and longevity regards.

The regular Rive Gauche Pour Homme is perfect. I don't know where you apply your fragrances, but it's important advice that if there is ONE SCENT that is meant to be sprayed once or twice to the chest, UNDER the shirt it's this one. It just doesn't introduce itself to a room properly if you go about dousing it on the neck. Trust me, go with the original Rive Gauche once or twice to the chest and you will see how magnetic it can be.

Stick with the regular Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The original Rive Gauche pour Homme - because it is a tad strong
    That sums it up perfectly. It is in its original form that it excels the most.

I only tried the regular version.....Its wonderful
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Intense version, Light version and the regular. I prefer the Light rendition as I can't seem to learn to love the anise notes of the original. The Intense tones down the anise and ups the patchouli, so I actually like it more than the regular formulation as well. All of them are very long lasting. The Light version is no less tame (as in an EDC versus EDT), it simply supplants the anise with mint. One of my all time faves. Much more "barbershop".
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

Which of the versions is the most barbershop/soapy?

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    The 'light' version of Rive Gauche is substantially different from the standard EdT: It adds an aquatic note up top and more or less subtracts the talcum powder note.
    Aquatic note? There must be something funny with your bottle because I have both RG and
    RG Light and there isn't the slightest difference between the two compositions save that the Light version is about 30% less potent. I wouldn't recommend buying the Light because the same effect can be achieved by using half as much original. I defy anyone to blind sniff a patch of skin with 3 sprays of Light vs skin with 1 spray of original. I too would sell my light bottle, btw.

The original version is perfect for me! All three are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire84 View Post
    Which of the versions is the most barbershop/soapy?
    The regular.

Intense = more sweet
    Light = more woodsy
    Regular = more barbershop

Rive Gauche