Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Suggestions for earth/wood/evening-wear fragrances suitable for younger people?

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is woody but with spices and citrus as well, fairly young-ish in my opinion. Frankly if you're comfortable wearing Rive Gauche I don't think there's much you can wear that will make you smell "old".

Default Re: Suggestions for earth/wood/evening-wear fragrances suitable for younger people?

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    A young man in TdH sounds wonderful to me....what he is saying to the world is that he isn't just some other little boy swimming in Aquatic Of The Month....he's a man! And a very nice-smelling one, at that!
    I agree. Where were guys like you when I was twenty?

Wear what you like. If it turns out not to give off the vibe you’d intended, no problem; you’re allowed to experiment. If it suits you, rock the h*ll out of it. Sounds like you’re having a good time, so bravo to you!
    Last edited by cdave2; 27th June 2020 at 07:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by cdave2 View Post
    Wear what you like. If it turns out not to give off the vibe you’d intended, no problem; you’re allowed to experiment. If it suits you, rock the h*ll out of it. Sounds like you’re having a good time, so bravo to you!
    Agreed!
    Currently wearing: Hard Leather by LM Parfums

Basenotes Plus

I swear I'm going to start a thread one day asking recommendations for a bald, bearded middle-aged, middle-manager whose office smells like feet (but not from feet). For, er, a friend of course.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcalgary29 View Post
    I swear I'm going to start a thread one day asking recommendations for a bald, bearded middle-aged, middle-manager whose office smells like feet (but not from feet). For, er, a friend of course.
    Welllll, from one middle-aged person to another...

Wear what you like, experiment, rock the h*ll out of it, and definitely have a good time! (Please don’t tell me I’ve just silenced another thread.)
    Last edited by cdave2; 29th June 2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: dang, these middle-aged typos

Quote Originally Posted by davidcalgary29 View Post
    LOL.
    I always felt interesting wearing fragrances that were “inadequate” for my age! Sometimes I don’t understand the desperate need some people feel to fit some social norms that sometimes exist just inside their own minds and nowhere else.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama

I‘m 34 and now I‘m sitting here pondering over the question if that‘s “middle aged”
    Avatar is a painting by Tomma Abts