Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 59 of 59
  1. #1

    Default Secretions Magnifiques...

    is disgusting, repulsive, horrible, distasteful & frighten to the mind. There absolutely no word bad enough to describe it. A masterpiece? My bottom! I threw up twice. I didn't just smell death, I've seen dead people.

    How anyone likes it, is just way beyond me.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke; 18th October 2009 at 01:38 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    So i take it you didn't care for it.

    I have never tried it and have no desire to whatsoever.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Based on your reaction, it's actually successfully crafted. I don't think it was made to be something pleasant. I tried it just for the curiosity.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Its an artistic statement, not a wearable fragrance...

  5. #5
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    is disgusting, repulsive, horrible, distasteful & frighten to the mind. There absolutely no word bad enough to describe it. A masterpiece? My bottom! I threw up twice. I didn't just smell death, I've seen dead people.

    How anyone likes it, is just way beyond me.

    Almost my exact first reaction to Limburger cheese. Now I enjoy eating that cheese. Especially so while upwind from my outdoor partying noisy neighbors. Wearing Secretions Magnifiques would increase my enjoyment logarithmically.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  6. #6

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    It grows on you - like cancer.
    Renato

  7. #7

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    It grows on you - like cancer.
    Renato
    Haha that is funny.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    Its an artistic statement, not a wearable fragrance...
    Artistic? Interesting to smell is one thing, but this just smells foul and totally disgusting. I'd say ELDO screwed up big time with this one, marketing ploy or not. I am not even going to touch any of their other fragrances. But, oh wait! Maybe ELDO meant for us to TASTE it and not smell it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    Artistic? Interesting to smell is one thing, but this just smells foul and totally disgusting. I'd say ELDO screwed up big time with this one, marketing ploy or not. I am not even going to touch any of their other fragrances. But, oh wait! Maybe ELDO meant for us to TASTE it and not smell it.
    Only one way to find out...


  10. #10

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    Artistic? Interesting to smell is one thing, but this just smells foul and totally disgusting. I'd say ELDO screwed up big time with this one, marketing ploy or not. I am not even going to touch any of their other fragrances. But, oh wait! Maybe ELDO meant for us to TASTE it and not smell it.
    That's your loss really. They make some awesome stuff

  11. #11

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    And now for something completely different: positive reviews!
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26127053/...vereviews.html
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  12. #12

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    And now for something completely different: positive reviews!
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26127053/...vereviews.html
    I am speechless

  13. #13

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...


    Refreshingly original thought.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

    Douglas Adams

  14. #14

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Ah, those must have been the folks who had the common sense to TASTE IT before slandering its high artistry.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Only one way to find out...

    I threw my sample away. Now someone has to try (taste) it and let us know.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    I threw my sample away. Now someone has to try (taste) it and let us know.
    For $50 I'll slam a bottle

  17. #17

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    For $50 I'll slam a bottle
    Taste it? You are brave! But it might turn out to be the best thing you've ever tasted.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    I have an idea! Let's have a Taste Secretions Magnifiques party and see how many get turned on, sicken or in cloud 9. Hell, Cheech and Chong smoked dog shit and got high!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    I am speechless
    Don't worry, the 30 negative reviews reflect your perception of reality.

    But imagine that you walked into a room where most people were wearing and appreciating Secretions Magnifiques. It would be like in an episode from the Twilight Zone.

    Renato

  20. #20
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    I tried it just for the curiosity.
    zliang, how did you find it?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    zliang, how did you find it?
    Top notes were "disappointing" (i.e. it was just usual, not unpleasant). Waited a while and gave another sniff to the blotter, immediate gag reflex. My wife (a medical doctor) said it smelled like blood plasma, but stronger (i.e. worse).

    On a side note, although the naming and depiction of ELdO's scents could have been better, I find the house interests me more than L'Artisan and Penhaligon's based on my limited sampling.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Not as bad as everyone says. I just tried it yesterday.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Don't worry, the 30 negative reviews reflect your perception of reality.

    But imagine that you walked into a room where most people were wearing and appreciating Secretions Magnifiques. It would be like in an episode from the Twilight Zone.

    Renato
    Yeah, only a room filled with vampires and Nightfliers, I suspect

  24. #24
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Top notes were "disappointing" (i.e. it was just usual, not unpleasant). Waited a while and gave another sniff to the blotter, immediate gag reflex. My wife (a medical doctor) said it smelled like blood plasma, but stronger (i.e. worse).

    On a side note, although the naming and depiction of ELdO's scents could have been better, I find the house interests me more than L'Artisan and Penhaligon's based on my limited sampling.
    Interesting.... Thanks for sharing.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Ok, I just put some on from a sample... was kind of afraid to try it. So far, I don't find it repulsive... Kinda salty and metallic. Can't imagine wearing it from what I get, though.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    It cant be as bad as Mugler's Angel Man. Lol

  27. #27

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    It cant be as bad as Mugler's Angel Man. Lol
    Mugler's Angel Man is wearable, I just don't like the scent. But Secretions Magnifiques reminds me of death and not just me. I made a mistake and putting too much on my girlfriend's wrist. The first thing she said to me was "Oh my God, it smells like corpses!" and immediately ran to the bathroom and washed it off. I then smelled it on my wrist and had the same reaction. It was just nasty. I was actually shaking putting it back into the shipping envelop that it came with.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Aha, yet another victim of SM. I love this kind of stuff, hilarious. Now on to your next challenge, Hilde Soliani Stecca.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  29. #29

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Aha, yet another victim of SM. I love this kind of stuff, hilarious. Now on to your next challenge, Hilde Soliani Stecca.
    Ah, come on! Tomatoe scent? How bad can it be?

    I challenge anyone to rec. me a fragrance more horrible than Secretions Magnifiques.

  30. #30
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,111
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    It's supposed to be a joke. A bad, expensive, snide, nihilistic joke. Very post modern. You're just keeping it going like a dumb chain letter. I did my bit when I ignored the warnings and bought a sample of La Charogne. (Carrion) it is a sickening sweet lily that also smells of death to attract flies. They captured this flower's scent all too well. It is foul.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    It would smell like a corpse only if the thing that was dying was a fish. Then again, dead fish don't smell floral, watery, sweet, and lactonic.

    Anyways, Charogne is more "corpse-y" IMO - especially if you over-apply.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    Ah, come on! Tomatoe scent? How bad can it be?

    I challenge anyone to rec. me a fragrance more horrible than Secretions Magnifiques.
    Trust me, try it. It's the stuff of nightmares.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  33. #33

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    It's supposed to be a joke. A bad, expensive, snide, nihilistic joke. Very post modern. You're just keeping it going like a dumb chain letter. I did my bit when I ignored the warnings and bought a sample of La Charogne. (Carrion) it is a sickening sweet lily that also smells of death to attract flies. They captured this flower's scent all too well. It is foul.
    Joke can sometimes be a good thing and in this case, it really was. The reviews are great on this one and it sounds very interesting, indeed. I am open to all suggestions and nothing is too new or too old for me.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    It's not as repulsive as I would have thought based on opinions I've read here but I have to ask who is buying full bottles of this. I tend to actually agree with the positive reviews Tigrushka pasted in (metallic, lactonic, slightly floral, weird melon) but for the weird wet dog, dissecting a cat in high school biology aroma that wafts off of me after about a half hour on skin. Blech.

  35. #35

  36. #36
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    As for the name, it can't as bad as this
    LMAO........Who....in their right minds.....would name a frag THAT....and expect it to sell?

  37. #37

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    LMAO........Who....in their right minds.....would name a frag THAT....and expect it to sell?
    hahahaha! well, BPAL!

  38. #38

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    As for the name, it can't as bad as this
    HAHAHAHA!!! Priceless, this is a new one for me. Lol!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  39. #39

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    I could see hetero guys avoiding it due to the name alone, and I'll admit that I might (assuming it smelled good), but I can't imagine gay guys minding. I'd like to hear what they have to say about it. I'd be more worried about what it might smell like! LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 19th October 2009 at 03:02 AM.

  40. #40

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    Artistic? Interesting to smell is one thing, but this just smells foul and totally disgusting. I'd say ELDO screwed up big time with this one, marketing ploy or not. I am not even going to touch any of their other fragrances. But, oh wait! Maybe ELDO meant for us to TASTE it and not smell it.
    My friend... you are missing the point entirely. Six weeks ago I'd barely ever sampled an ELDO fragrance and for the last month I've extensively been sampling and testing every fragrance they've ever made (and I've ordered 7 different bottles). On the whole it a line of incredibly creative, thoughtful, and well constructed fragrances - and for @$70 a bottle they cost about half what most niche costs. If you read ELDO's ad copy, look at their funny logos, and experience the fragrances you'll come to realize that the house is operating on an artistically conceptual level that combines scent, text, and art. A lot of what they're doing is goofing on other houses, but they're also bringing the artisry of fragrance to a new place via different media. Within this context exists Secretions Magnifique. ELDO themselves acknowledge this isn't really wearable, and if you look at the note list, read its description, etc. it's clear that it's unwearablity is a statement in and of itself.**

    I realize not everyone has the artistic inclination or background to appreciate what ELDO is working at from an artistic standpoint, and that's fine. However you have to realize that if you sample SM as though it's something you might wear - totally in a vaccum without looking at the larger artwork in play - you're missing the purpose. ELDO didn't 'screw up' it was totally deliberate. Turin obviously got the point when he called it a masterpiece, it's just that he didn't ruin the process of exploration by describing the context and instead he let people figure it out themselves. To say you're not interested in trying ELDO scents really only penalizes yourself since you're cutting yourself off from experiencing new fragrance, and quite good one,too. Perhaps you're not the type who's really into modern artistic concepts - which is your right - but before you think ELDO is some crappy house who accidentally produced something vile you should understand that there is something much larger at play that you haven't sought to learn about. You honestly think anyone thought it would sell as a wearable scent? Of course not.

    ** it stands to debate whether Secretions - as an unwearable scent - is a successful artistic statement. Personally I'm not so sure. There's no question it churns stomachs, but if that's the point it does it well.....

  41. #41

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    I wonder if those who like SM, wearable or not, as an artistic statement, also like (or would like) the film, "The Time of the Wolf" (Le Temps du Loup). Seems like the same idea.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    I forced a number of my fiends to smell this as a gag. Everyone was blown away in a bad way. One buddy keeps telling me he's worried he smells like SM after his workout! I tell him dont worry, you cant possible smell that bad!

  43. #43

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    I made a mistake and putting too much on my girlfriend's wrist.
    You did a skin test? I tested it only on paper based on its reputation.

  44. #44

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I did my bit when I ignored the warnings and bought a sample of La Charogne. (Carrion) it is a sickening sweet lily that also smells of death to attract flies.
    Interestingly, my wife likes La Charogne. I agree it smells something rotten, though.

  45. #45

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    It's supposed to be a joke. A bad, expensive, snide, nihilistic joke. Very post modern. You're just keeping it going like a dumb chain letter. I did my bit when I ignored the warnings and bought a sample of La Charogne. (Carrion) it is a sickening sweet lily that also smells of death to attract flies. They captured this flower's scent all too well. It is foul.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26128353/...vereviews.html
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  46. #46

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Indole power!
    Last edited by moltening; 19th October 2009 at 06:17 AM.

  47. #47

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    On the whole it a line of incredibly creative, thoughtful, and well constructed fragrances - and for @$70 a bottle they cost about half what most niche costs. .....
    That's very cheap - they cost more than double that down here in Australia.

    If they ever do drop to around $70 a bottle, I will consider buying one of Secretions Magnifiques (since mace and pepper sprays are banned down here).

    Renato

  48. #48

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    As with every difficult and unusual scent, ones nose needs to adjust a little before it can fully appreciate what it's smelling. And this is definitely one scent that needs at very least a good few samplings before it reveals it's more interesting facets. And believe me there are actually some !

    Yes my first sampling was a little startling at first. But even then I certainly did not find it anywhere near as half bad as some of the exaggerated reviews here. ... And then with some consecutive samplings I have even grown to like it. I like it a little more each time I try it, for I find something different every time ! ... It's quite the chameleon scent !

    It's certainly one of the most interesting "aquatics" I've sampled so far.

    And as for it's "concept" ~ Absolutely Brilliant ! ... No other like it.

    I luv everything about ELd'O !!! ... (If you do give them a miss, it's your loss ! )

  49. #49

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    That's very cheap - they cost more than double that down here in Australia.
    Is that for 50ml or 100ml? I think it's about $80-90 here for 50ml. They don't have the 100ml bottles.

  50. #50

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Interestingly, my wife likes La Charogne. I agree it smells something rotten, though.
    FYI it's called 'Charogne' not 'La Charogne'. I happen to think it's fantastic and incredibly innovative. There are few floral leathers anymore and the combo of bergamot/lily/leather works very well. I don't really find it particularly sweet and within a few minutes after application it changes and smoothens considerably. I have a FB on the way. There are a few I've noticed that abruptly change from the top to the mid notes, including Putain des Palaces and Divine Enfant.

  51. #51
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,111
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    FYI it's called 'Charogne' not 'La Charogne'. I happen to think it's fantastic and incredibly innovative. There are few floral leathers anymore and the combo of bergamot/lily/leather works very well. I don't really find it particularly sweet and within a few minutes after application it changes and smoothens considerably. I have a FB on the way. There are a few I've noticed that abruptly change from the top to the mid notes, including Putain des Palaces and Divine Enfant.
    Right, Sorry, It's been a while, but I still didn't care for it. Wow a Full Bottle!? You are brave. It probably smells much different on you.

  52. #52

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Is that for 50ml or 100ml? I think it's about $80-90 here for 50ml. They don't have the 100ml bottles.
    It's been a while since I tested all of that range. I honestly don't remember the bottle size, just that for me they were way too expensive for what they were.
    Renato

  53. #53

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    My friend... you are missing the point entirely. Six weeks ago I'd barely ever sampled an ELDO fragrance and for the last month I've extensively been sampling and testing every fragrance they've ever made (and I've ordered 7 different bottles). On the whole it a line of incredibly creative, thoughtful, and well constructed fragrances - and for @$70 a bottle they cost about half what most niche costs. If you read ELDO's ad copy, look at their funny logos, and experience the fragrances you'll come to realize that the house is operating on an artistically conceptual level that combines scent, text, and art. A lot of what they're doing is goofing on other houses, but they're also bringing the artisry of fragrance to a new place via different media. Within this context exists Secretions Magnifique. ELDO themselves acknowledge this isn't really wearable, and if you look at the note list, read its description, etc. it's clear that it's unwearablity is a statement in and of itself.**

    I realize not everyone has the artistic inclination or background to appreciate what ELDO is working at from an artistic standpoint, and that's fine. However you have to realize that if you sample SM as though it's something you might wear - totally in a vaccum without looking at the larger artwork in play - you're missing the purpose. ELDO didn't 'screw up' it was totally deliberate. Turin obviously got the point when he called it a masterpiece, it's just that he didn't ruin the process of exploration by describing the context and instead he let people figure it out themselves. To say you're not interested in trying ELDO scents really only penalizes yourself since you're cutting yourself off from experiencing new fragrance, and quite good one,too. Perhaps you're not the type who's really into modern artistic concepts - which is your right - but before you think ELDO is some crappy house who accidentally produced something vile you should understand that there is something much larger at play that you haven't sought to learn about. You honestly think anyone thought it would sell as a wearable scent? Of course not.

    ** it stands to debate whether Secretions - as an unwearable scent - is a successful artistic statement. Personally I'm not so sure. There's no question it churns stomachs, but if that's the point it does it well.....
    I really like to know what so artistic about Secretions and what kind of statement that ELDO wanted to show to us. Can anyone explain this to me. All I can think of is that ELDO just wanted to be different with the introduction of Secretions Magnifique. But throwing some really weird stuff together does not make it an art, IMO.

  54. #54

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    I never sampled this but the sounds of it, sounds like it would be perfect for one of these haunted houses for halloween, just take a bottle and spray it all over the place, it will really make and smell like an eerie place

  55. #55
    Dependent pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,798

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    "Some fragrances are out of place in a world that merely sniffs."

  56. #56

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    I never sampled this but the sounds of it, sounds like it would be perfect for one of these haunted houses for halloween, just take a bottle and spray it all over the place, it will really make and smell like an eerie place
    Not a good idea unless you want everyone to run away from the place, ghosts and vampires included.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke; 20th October 2009 at 03:06 PM.

  57. #57

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    I've tried all but a few from the ELDO line and found none of them remotely appealing. They all seem to share this hyper-chemical tone.. I could never imagine wearing one in public. They have great imaging/branding, but the fragrances themselves are among the worst I've tried. Just my 2c.

  58. #58

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    I really like to know what so artistic about Secretions and what kind of statement that ELDO wanted to show to us. Can anyone explain this to me. All I can think of is that ELDO just wanted to be different with the introduction of Secretions Magnifique. But throwing some really weird stuff together does not make it an art, IMO.
    I think that Secretions Magnifiques (I have not tried the scent, though some day I will) is really a send-up of all the puffery and hype (may I add faux "legends" on this?) one finds in the marketing of perfume: the romance...the sultry glances...the warm bodies...the semi-nude sensuous models... LOL!

    I suppose, from my vantage point, it's a "concept" perfume. Much like a "concept car," it's made to be contemplated and not actually used. Anyone going to an international car show knows what I am talking about...something so outrageous and futuristic that it's not practical. Does that make sense...in my analogy? Ditto for some of the wildest couture creations one sees on fashion's runways. Can one *really* wear this stuff in the street?

    OTOH, I truly enjoy Jasmin et Cigarette, and also Delicious Closet Queen from the ELdO line. I think this line is more about fun than anything else, and some of the greatest noses have been called in to create the scents.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  59. #59

    Default Re: Secretions Magnifiques...

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    I really like to know what so artistic about Secretions and what kind of statement that ELDO wanted to show to us. Can anyone explain this to me. All I can think of is that ELDO just wanted to be different with the introduction of Secretions Magnifique. But throwing some really weird stuff together does not make it an art, IMO.
    People said the same thing about Jackson Pollock and Andy Warhol's art. Throwing weird stuff together is a lot of how you could grossly overgeneralize modern art, and it's not uncommon for the non-artistically inclined to not 'get' some works of modern art or denigrate them as not-art. The beautiful thing about all art forms is that they for each individual to appreciate and decise what it means to them. True not everyone has a background in art but everyone is capable of picking what art forms they do and don't like.

    What does it mean for a fragrance company to create an unwearable fragrance named 'magnificient secretions' with notes like 'blood, semen, etc.'? That's for each individual to interpret for themselves. I have my thoughts and theories, and it.'s an interesting thought process. It would certainly be a much more interesting discusion then another "like, OMG this is SO, like, gross!" level discussion.

    The first of my ELDO orders arrived over the weekend and I'm psyched to give them some full wears.

Similar Threads

  1. Secretions Magnifiques
    By DreamerII in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 20th February 2012, 03:38 AM
  2. Sécrétions Magnifiques
    By Basteri in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 16th June 2010, 08:27 PM
  3. Question about Secretions Magnifiques
    By SculptureOfSoul in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20th September 2009, 04:34 AM
  4. The Vilest Scent Ever - Sécrétions Magnifiques
    By Renato in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 18th May 2008, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •