Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan *Alert*

Everyone probalby already knows this, but to my surprise today I went into Barney's New York today in Beverly Hills and low and behold my beloved MKK was there!! They have it!! they just got it in.
    $140 !! this is exciting news!! I know this is probably old news to everyone here that MKK is in the United States now..... but just in case, I wanted everyone to know!!! ~D

Default Re: Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan *Alert*

Thanks for the alert and welcome to Basenotes! I hope we have you around some more.
    I am sure a lot of Basenoters will be happy at the news.
    I have never tried it, but now it will be easier to test and see what the excitement about this fragrance is about.
    Evenstar

Welcome Beanstock! I heard MKK was coming, so it is good to get an actual sighting in my own back yard

*wonders if it smells the same*

I've never tried it either but I was thinking of ordering a sample for our Serge Lutens Synch Day, which is on Halloween. I've read some *scary* things about it!

SoFresh, it does smell the same

Quote Originally Posted by Beanstock View Post
    SoFresh, it does smell the same
    Good to know...I was worried!

Thanks kindly.

The myth has been let out of the box. I think most people are going to be expecting something more out of MKK. I love it, but nothing can live up to the kind of hype that this one has around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    The myth has been let out of the box. I think most people are going to be expecting something more out of MKK. I love it, but nothing can live up to the kind of hype that this one has around it.
    Definitely not. Frankly, I don't see how some find it to be a tame amber though...I get ALL civet...for hours and hours. I happen to like that though. :P

When I saw *Alert* MKK I presumed this was a warning...to use caution before spritzing on your skin......having just sampled Mkk for the first time this weekend! Funny thing was, I sprayed a test strip. Sniffed it. Got nothing. Sprayed it a couple more times. Sniffed it. Got nothing. Sprayed it into the palm of my hand and nearly dropped to the floor! It wasn't my favorite. Be careful when testing this one!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    When I saw *Alert* MKK I presumed this was a warning...to use caution before spritzing on your skin......having just sampled Mkk for the first time this weekend! Funny thing was, I sprayed a test strip. Sniffed it. Got nothing. Sprayed it a couple more times. Sniffed it. Got nothing. Sprayed it into the palm of my hand and nearly dropped to the floor! It wasn't my favorite. Be careful when testing this one!!!!!!!
    lulz...did you miss the strip maybe??? I can imagine a lot of descriptive words...but "nothing" isn't one of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    lulz...did you miss the strip maybe??? I can imagine a lot of descriptive words...but "nothing" isn't one of them!!
    Some musks really need to warm up on the skin before you can smell them, and many people are anosmin to certain musks and cannot smell some musks in a multi-musk scent like MKK. Personally after the topnotes burn off it's a tame (but very nice) musk. I'm glad they priced it as a limited export and not as a 'special export' (i.e. Bois et Violette) at $200.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I was sniffing along with Somerville Metro Man, he and the SA looked at me in complete disbelief as well! Truly, until that stuff hit my skin, I couldn't smell it. I know, it's crazy!

I got a sample from TPC, and both DH and I love it...hope it makes it to Australia soon, coz as soon as I see one, its coming home with me !!!

Morning Star

I went to Barneys in Beverly Hills yesterday afternoon and bought a bottle. The SA (named Jasmine) told me that it is only available for export in the United States for a limited time. This may have been marketing BS, so who can say. Details of my afternoon are here. Naturally, I wore this elixir of the gods when my girlfriend and I went out to dinner last night. Our waitress actually commented on it positively, which was nice.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 25th October 2009 at 08:22 AM.