Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 18 October

Good morning!

Still in SL Gris Clair, might change into something else in the afternoon.

Enjoy your Sunday, all!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 18th October 2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: fatal error aka the sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 18 October

Good morning all.Getting ready for a lateshift in SL Chergui.Have a nice day everyone!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 18 October

Nahema by Guerlain.

Thank you again everyone for the birthday wishes I had a great day and party!

Refreshing today in glorious Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Nahema by Guerlain.
    Oh! What a GOOD idea!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy belated birthday Brotha!

Wore AP Maitresse today.

SL La Myrrhe for the rest of the day
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Chanel Sycomore.

Notes include vetiver, sandalwood, cypress, juniper and pink pepper.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Morning to everyone ! Today I've progressed from Bluebell by Penhaligon to Amarige by Givenchy.

Big hugs to all !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

John Varvatos Women for me here -- despite many comparisons with Coco Madmoiselle, I find it quite pleasant if not sweet. It is not FBW, but it is all right when the mood strikes.

Also tested a mess of C.Celle Calypso Vanille, it is a No from me.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Frankincense and Myrrh to celebrate a morning low of 53F, down from yesterday's high of 93F. Fall has finally fell..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Rose Kashmerie by Parfums de Rosine, courtesy of the ever-generous VM I hate civet. This is giving me a rich powdery rose today. yummy.

It's raw, gray, drizzly and chilly here in Virginia.

I'm wearing Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher as SotD.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Cartier Delices

One of my winter favourites, the wonderfully snuggly Hermessence Ambre Narguile

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

Sacrebleu from Nicolaï.

Naked Honey - MAC

Using up a bit more of my precious PG Cadjmere sample, I am going to be sooooo sad when it is gone.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

After yesterday, sniffing (and purchasing) around Chicago with the MetroMan, I'm torn about what to spritz today...maybe I'll pull a VM i hate civet and wear several!!!

I really want to douse myself in Pour le Soir, but haven't got it in my hot little hands yet...

The Dark Amber Ginger Lily sounds good for today as well, but it's being shipped...

Woe is me, having to decide between White Suede & Ambrette 9. I wish all of lifes dilemas were so painful !

Okay, Tom Ford White Suede it is! As SMM so aptly pointed out, it is reminiscent of Lutens' Daim Blond - without the apricot. For me, it is a sumptuous soft suede leather with just the right blend of musk....swoon! (completely unisex as well!)

Indulging in Note Ambree today for a long car trip home. Looking forward to listening to a Robert Parker book on tape - the voice is by Joe Mantegna. Super stuff, and so is my fragrance!

Wishing all of you a Sunday full of smiles.

Basenotes Plus

Hi, everyone! Rainy, freezy and windy here on Staten Island, a perfect day for a sample fest thanks to the wonderful Twolf!

Various parts of me are dabbed with

Balenciaga Quadrille, a fruity chypre with fresh and mossy aspects. Crisp, elegant, uncompromising.

Stephanie de Saint Aignan Blanc d'Hiver, powdery florals and musk with a fresh pear note up top. Lilting, gentle and pretty.

Mariella Burani Messages, a soft and sheer, not overdone oriental with spices and sandalwood.

Keiko Mecheri Oliban, beautiful incense on the sweet side, reminded me a lot of Chaos or Black Cashmere only sweeter.

Voluspa Cult of Helios - full on heliotrope, soon joined by vanilla and musk. Sadly an odd, troubling note developed after an hour or so on my skin, not unlike unwashed hair.

L'Or de Torrente - beautiful rose and coffee combo. Delicious! Off to shower and reapply a whole lot more of this for Sotd.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Cold, rainy, and kids were impossible to get up for Church. I fought back with the big guns.

Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

TF Black Orchid, but I'll spritz some of the new EDP I bought for 10 €!

I am a scent-soul-sister with tdem1961, for I am also a lucky recipient of Twolf's generosity and I'm enjoying three of the scents this morning.

The trio: Hermes Ambre Narguile is gorgeous autumnal fruits, spices and amber, and it sings beautifully on the right hand with the delicious coffee, rose and creamy sweet notes of L'Or de Torrente on the left. Caron Eau de Reglisse on the wrist is just the lemony smooth kicker needed to keep it all balanced and sane.

Totally swooning!

A relaxing Sunday to all.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Ava Luxe Ambre Fonce'

I wore Vanille Galante earlier, but it's so cold I needed some amber after all.
    Last edited by Caron33; 18th October 2009 at 06:10 PM.

Chanel Coromandel
    Sniff and let sniff.

Blog Entries

Cold and rainy in CT and I'm enjoying C&E Evelyn. We actually still have some roses blooming, but not for much longer.

I believe my SOTD will be Lucky No 6. A good mild spice/woodsy thing for a cold cold day.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Ayala Moriel White Potion.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Jolie Madame today. Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Today I'm in #31 Rue Cambon

Tres chic!
    Last edited by kumquat; 18th October 2009 at 09:22 PM.

I'm in Daim Blond today. Every time I wear this it grows on me and I find myself snuffling my arms all day. I don't need to fall in love with any more Luten's. I already have 5 FBs on my wish list!

Blog Entries

So many lovely sounding scents... sniffed my Coromandel and its even better than I remembered. Anybody else get an uncanny resemblance to Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain?

Second half of my double shift was a rough one, but L'Ombre Fauve made my night!!! Jaw-dropping, eyelid-fluttering, bury-my-nose-in-my-shirt glorious!! Started looking at a full bottle of my own and found nothing on PG's website. Discontinued? Noooo.... say it ain't so!!

If anybody knows... well.... break the news gently.

Right now, I smell like gardening and manual labor from getting our backyard ready for winter. Shower time!! And then something different for work tonight...

I think I'll give my new Bond No. 9 sample a full wearing.

The Scent of Peace.
    * Grapefruit, Blackcurrant
    * Lily of the Valley, Hedione
    * Cedarwood, Musk

The bottle and concept don't feel like they fit the juice itself. Reminds me of the sparkling fruity fragrances in Herbal Essence shampoos. Only time will tell if the muguet, jasmine-light, or cedar actually make an appearance.

Here's hoping you're lazing on your Sunday afternoon.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Today was a sample of Daim Blond that the lovely Hebe sent me ages ago. I really like it.

I don't always wear perfume, it's a cold day for this part of the country and I'm snuggled up inside watching football... the house smells yummy like the honey buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup and sausage I just made and I'm feeling content with a cup of coffee. Most of what I have left (after purge) is summery and I need more fragrances and scented soaps for this type of weather, guess I'd rather wear nothing than the wrong thing. Back to the game... have a great evening!

Chamade EDT (Guerlain)

Day: EL PC Amber Ylang Ylang EDP

Night: Hermes 24 Faubourg EDT

The beautiful Nahema having left the room, geared up for an afternoon funeral (!) with ...

....nice to see old church friends, despite the circumstances, and to be told how yummy I smelled.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lancome Hypnose EDP

Notes: Passion Flower, Sambac Jasmine, Solar Notes, Vetiver, Vanilla (from osmoz.com)

Hypnose starts with a quick blast of bergamot and tropical fruit notes, and quickly transitions into a powdery vanilla and white floral middle. There is a sweet and tart juxtaposition that is often found in feminine floral orientals of the same era--it is usually somewhat candy-like, although in Hypnose, this combination does not come across as particularly edible. Vetiver is listed in the notes, however, I do not smell anything that resembles the vetiver essential oils I have experienced. I'm pretty sure there is actually a cleaned-up vetiver and patchouli combination in Hypnose, because the fragrance has a kind of masculine "bite" in the base that is similar to other post-Angel floral orientals.. In fact, as I was catching whiffs of sillage today, I noticed that Hypnose has a kind of barbershop quality that I never noticed before. In contrast, up close, the overall impression is billowy sweet vanilla, as feminine as it could possibly be. The base continues with sweet, soft vanilla, a nondescript amber accord and the vetiver-patchouli. I know that Hypnose is not universally liked, but I have always found it very enjoyable. It is not quite as "girly" as some floral orientals, and pulls the Angel-like feminine-over-masculine structure down to an palatable level. Perhaps this makes Hypnose more bland, but it also makes it more wearable.

Positive Rating

--

Lancome Hypnose Senses EDP

Notes: Mandarin Orange, Pink Pepper, Osmanthus Blossom, Rose, Honey, Patchouli,, Rockrose, Benzoin, Tonka Bean (from osmoz.com)

Hypnose Senses bears only one familiar mark from its namesake Hypnose--VANILLA. Lots and lots of vanilla with roses, powder, generic woody notes and musk. At first, there is a nice balance between flower, fruit and the ever-present vanilla. The fragrance starts very soft and boneless, not trending in any particular direction. Soon, almost all of the distinctive notes have faded to imperceptible levels as Hypnose Senses becomes yet another powder-vanilla-amber-musk. The nod to Shalimar is quite evident. For that alone, HS is not terrible, however, with so many powdery vanilla fragrances to choose from, why settle? Try some Guerlain instead.

Negative Rating

Well, I'm a day late in wishing a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our dear BrothaG!, but I know he's been in good hands with our BN family and the rest of the A-Team... Hope it was fabulous!

In Guus' honor, I'm wearing one we both love, Del RaeEau Illuminee. I consider this a summer scent, but am using it today to conjure the sun, which has decided to hide behind snow clouds. Hmph.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Jaipur Edp Pour Homme
    Gary

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Morning:

Evening:

Hope everyone's doing well.

Oh, and now I want pancakes for dinner, beachroses...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Evening in MPG Ambre Precieux.

Tang, it is a cute avatar you got now.

Lian, please PM Galamb_Borong your street address, he has got a package for you.

Chaya, how was NYC? Did anybody else attend? RHM? Anyone?

People I have been thinking about as of late and whose contributions I miss:
    Lady_in_Black,
    Sestra;
    anamari;
    Clemmie;
    Dulci;
    indescreet;
    Lievje;
    dimples;
    Purplebird7;
    Squeezeweasel;
    tdi;
    kyra;
    Vinterdroppe and, of course,
    Tinker 424.

Hope you ladies are doing all right and your October is treating your gently.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermès Eau des Merveilles from a Taolady decant

Top Notes
    Vetiver, Oak, Cedar.

Middle Notes
    Ambergris.

Base Notes

Lemon, Orange, Elemi, Pink Pepper.
    Last edited by kbe; 19th October 2009 at 02:25 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Many in SL fragrances today
    hubby and I are both in SLs also,
    me in five o'clock au gingembre
    and hubby in Borneo 1834
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Padparadascha by Satellite. Amber,musk, cedar, sandalwood, junniper and pepper.
    Smokey peppery incense..