Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New: Ambre Nuit by Dior Homme 'Exclusive line'

This is the 4th addition to the three perfumes from the boutique exclusive Dior Homme collection, introduced in 2004, (Bois D`argent, Eau Noire and Cologne Blanche), it is listed as a unisex in fragrantica.com :
    [ Ambre Nuit by Dior is a oriental fragrance for women and men. Ambre Nuit is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2009. The fragrance features amber, bergamote, grapefruit, pink pepper and rose.]

such news makes up my day! I wonder if anyone has seen this one yet?

Default Re: New: Ambre Nuit by Dior Homme 'Exclusive line'

Thanks for letting us know! I look forward to trying it.

Basenotes Plus

Hmm... an ambery rose scent perhaps? The notes are nothing new but a Dior release often gets me curious. Thanks for the heads up, tariq.

Sounds interesting but there's virtually nothing to find (google only comes up with links to fragrantica and this topic) ... Has it already been introduced?
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Institution

The absence of information about this is very strange indeed. You'd think Dior would've publicized the heck out of this one?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Well, it's official: the 'other' website is propped up by the perfume industry. They've even got a photo too! And, no, I'm not going to post the link out of respect.

Nice! Keen to try this as I quite liked the 3 previous ones. I think they deliberately tried to go low-key on this one though. (with the boutique-only exclusivity and all)

Post Re: New: Ambre Nuit by Dior Homme 'Exclusive line'

Thanks. I'm a sucker for Amber fragrances, espically in cooler, and cold weather. Looking forward to sampling this one.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Well, it's official: the 'other' website is propped up by the perfume industry. They've even got a photo too! And, no, I'm not going to post the link out of respect.
    Meh...I'm posting the photo:

I hope this, unlike the clothing since Slimane's departure, is consistent with the 3 previous entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Thanks. I'm a sucker for Amber fragrances, espically in cooler, and cold weather. Looking forward to sampling this one.
    x2!

Sounds interesting.....Gary

Anyone know who the nose for Ambre Nuit is?
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Anyone know who the nose for Ambre Nuit is?
    Annick Menardo did only Bois dArgent & Francis Kurkdjian did the other two, so I'd guess it could be Menardo???
    but the ingredients doesn't sound Menardo creamy 'comforting' style,no? confused, I give up!

the juice color here is so tempting, can't take my eyes off!
    Last edited by tariq; 21st October 2009 at 09:02 AM.

I just received an email a couple weeks ago with pics of their current collection and stock, they had a pic of their cologne section and this was not there, so it is not out yet.Will probably be out before Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    It's a positive, glowing review, and then, "With Cologne Ambre Nuit the amber molecules are again in overdose for a perfume that comes from another era."

What is that supposed to mean?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I think he likes it alot

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sounds beautiful!

The Estonian website www.parfyym.pri.ee gives the following pyramid:

Grapefruit, Bergamot
    Turkish Rose, Pink Peppercorns
    Amber

The German website Essenza Nobile is offering the fragrance for 96 for 125 ml. and 140 for 250 ml.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat clum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    Seneca

I hope I could get some of it in a week or so - will post the review here!
    I adore Eau Noire cold days - and wonder how Ambre Nuit will work.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

WOW! I just found out about this! I think Eau Noire was fantastic and I can'et wait for the opportunity to try this as well. I am really looking forward to this!

Consider me interested!

I received my 125mls from Essenza Nobile today! I have to say I really love this scent already. To me, it's like a more subdued and wearable version of Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. That's just my initial reaction.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I received my 125mls from Essenza Nobile today! I have to say I really love this scent already. To me, it's like a more subdued and wearable version of Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. That's just my initial reaction.
    Really? That sounds surprising. Does it have the chocolate element to it, that NdN has?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Really? That sounds surprising. Does it have the chocolate element to it, that NdN has?
    No, it doesn't have a chocolatey/gourmand vibe to it, but it's quite resinous and has a strong rose note, just like NdN. It's like a lighter, more "powdery" version. Maybe you'll think completely different, that's just my impression of it. I've always like NdN, but just find it a little too overpowering and feminine. Ambre Nuit is perfect for me though.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    No, it doesn't have a chocolatey/gourmand vibe to it, but it's quite resinous and has a strong rose note, just like NdN. It's like a lighter, more "powdery" version. Maybe you'll think completely different, that's just my impression of it. I've always like NdN, but just find it a little too overpowering and feminine. Ambre Nuit is perfect for me though.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Light rose and powdery. Sounds like Hammam Bouquet by Penhaligon's (which BTW I detest).

-- Eckhart Tolle

Just found out the perfumer for Ambre Nuit is Dior's own in-house perfumer, Francois Demachy, who I'm taking a strong liking to based on his interpretations of originals (like Fahrenheit 32 and Dior Homme Cologne).

Anyone else try Ambre Nuit lately?
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 19th December 2009 at 01:25 AM.
    Sales thread here

I have a bottle. It's terrific, though I wish it had slightly better longevity. Nice to have a warm fragrance that can be worn very lightly.

Why is there no entry in the Directory?

Basenotes Institution

Do any New Yorkers know if the Dior Homme boutique in NY has this in stock, and if so at what price?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Do any New Yorkers know if the Dior Homme boutique in NY has this in stock, and if so at what price?
    Ditto to the Rodeo Drive Boutique, anyone know?
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

I headed down to Rinascente yesterday downtown in Milan and they had it there at the Dior corner so I tried it. Longevity and projection are good, let's say in the vein of Bois d'Argent. The frag is warm starting with some crispier notes (bergamot) and evolving to what to my nose looked like a chypre with floral undertones of rose (and a touch of lavender) and probably some powdery tonka and an overload of ambery-resinous sweet undertones (a touch of benzoin?). Nothing groundbreaking but a well revisited classic theme.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 7th January 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    I headed down to Rinascente yesterday downtown in Milan and they had it there at the Dior corner so I tried it. Longevity and projection are good, let's say in the vein of Bois d'Argent. The frag is warm starting with some crispier notes (bergamot) and evolving to what to my nose looked like a chypre with floral undertones of rose (and a touch of lavender) and probably some powdery tonka and an overload of ambery-resinous sweet undertones (a touch of benzoin?). Nothing groundbreaking but a well revisited classic theme.
    Interesting! Seems very Guerlain-like, no?

Is it in the realm of an Ambre Russe-style Amber, or more like Ambre Precieux? Or none of the above?

Blog Entries

Its not like any of these. For an amber scent, its surprisingly not much sweet. I find it more herbal/spicy than sweet. Nevertheless, one of the better offerings from Dior exclusives (right after Bois d'Argent).

Quote Originally Posted by moss1310 View Post
    Is it in the realm of an Ambre Russe-style Amber, or more like Ambre Precieux? Or none of the above?
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Interesting! Seems very Guerlain-like, no?
    That's very funny, because I'm wearing this now and it reminds me of the amber component of Habit Rouge. Dry, a touch of incense, the citrus & hint of rose note lift the amber up. (The citrus is NOT dusty like in habit rouge!) A pinch of oud which makes this amber sultry. But, all these 'hints' and 'lifts' are used to accentuate the amber note, which is the star. (not parallel to L'Artisans Oud which is Diet Oud) Very impressed. It reminds me more of the style used for Pure Oud by Kilian, not a literal translation, but "for those who appreciate and value the richness of the fragrance note itself." A new approach to amber!

This and Havana Vanilla are two must haves atm!

I bought it from the NY Homme store. The 250ml is $225, 125ml is around $120 I believe. and then over $300 for the huge 16oz bottle. Plus $15 shipping. If you haven't ordered with them before you have to fax them your information. FYI its cheaper to order from Colette (including shipping to USA).
    Last edited by teger; 28th January 2010 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    "It is one of the deepest ambery fragrances that evokes the scent of the natural grey amber with its tobacco, soft leather and dry woods shades."

OMG! That sounds so nice!!
    ~Mark~

Taken from my blog:

The much anticipated inclusion to the Dior Exclusives lineup is Ambre Nuit (Night Amber) - a sensual unisex scent with a lot of promise. Released in the wake of the treasured "black tie" trio of Dior colognes, I felt this creation had much to live up to. As an unwavering devotee of the swamp-green splash Eau Noire, I was satisfied to learn first-hand that Ambre Nuit observes the Exclusives tradition of sophistication and excellence.

Dior's in-house nose Francois Demachy, (also responsible for other perfume greats such as Ungaro Homme and Acqua di Parma's Colonia Intensa) has fashioned a sultry cologne with a captivating Turkish rose accord at its nucleus. Traditionally reserved for women's perfumery, the rose has been transformed with a sprinkle of pink and black peppercorns into something more gender-neutral in style. On initial application, Calabrian bergamot stirs the senses before the spicy, somewhat masculine rose shifts forward. A wonderful ambery base gradually intensifies from beneath; comprised of resinous labdanum and a delicate, sweet, woody, creamy, slightly smoky guaiacwood accord that acts as both an anchor and fixative. Finally, Indonesian patchouli lends an earthy richness to the framework of the fragrance.

Ambre Nuit lives up to (and arguably surpasses) the stylings and exemplary character of the former scents in this lineup. As an eau de cologne applied liberally as intended, Ambre Nuit will last approximately 4-5 hours on my skin - money well spent, in my humble opinion.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds very nice NEoTY26.

Is there a salty element to the amber, like so many ambers that I know and love?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Taken from my blog:

The much anticipated inclusion to the Dior Exclusives lineup is Ambre Nuit (Night Amber) - a sensual unisex scent with a lot of promise. Released in the wake of the treasured "black tie" trio of Dior colognes, I felt this creation had much to live up to. As an unwavering devotee of the swamp-green splash Eau Noire, I was satisfied to learn first-hand that Ambre Nuit observes the Exclusives tradition of sophistication and excellence.

Dior's in-house nose Francois Demachy, (also responsible for other perfume greats such as Ungaro Homme and Acqua di Parma's Colonia Intensa) has fashioned a sultry cologne with a captivating Turkish rose accord at its nucleus. Traditionally reserved for women's perfumery, the rose has been transformed with a sprinkle of pink and black peppercorns into something more gender-neutral in style. On initial application, Calabrian bergamot stirs the senses before the spicy, somewhat masculine rose shifts forward. A wonderful ambery base gradually intensifies from beneath; comprised of resinous labdanum and a delicate, sweet, woody, creamy, slightly smoky guaiacwood accord that acts as both an anchor and fixative. Finally, Indonesian patchouli lends an earthy richness to the framework of the fragrance.

Ambre Nuit lives up to (and arguably surpasses) the stylings and exemplary character of the former scents in this lineup. As an eau de cologne applied liberally as intended, Ambre Nuit will last approximately 4-5 hours on my skin - money well spent, in my humble opinion.
    Dimitri, your wonderful reviews are not good for my bank account!
    ~Mark~

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    Dimitri, your wonderful reviews are not good for my bank account!
    Thanks Mark - and apologies! :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Thanks Mark - and apologies! :-/
    No apologies necessary!!

I received my bottle of Bois D'Argent today from Essenza Nobile and included was a sample of Ambre Nuit. It is indeed an incredible fragrance! Will definitely have to get a bottle.
    Last edited by markb; 2nd February 2010 at 07:34 PM.
    ~Mark~

Basenotes Institution

I have worn this scent (from a sample), three days in a row, at home - it is FANTASTIC. Full review to come soon...
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 2nd February 2010 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    I bought it from the NY Homme store. The 250ml is $225, 125ml is around $120 I believe. and then over $300 for the huge 16oz bottle. Plus $15 shipping. If you haven't ordered with them before you have to fax them your information. FYI its cheaper to order from Colette (including shipping to USA).
    Comes to about the same. I ordered this from Colette and the 125ml bottle with shipping to the US (New Jersey) was $144 and change. I guess if the NY Homme store has it for $120 plus tax and shipping, it may actually be a hair cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Comes to about the same. I ordered this from Colette and the 125ml bottle with shipping to the US (New Jersey) was $144 and change. I guess if the NY Homme store has it for $120 plus tax and shipping, it may actually be a hair cheaper.
    Ziffy, this is all good to know. I'm hoping to pick up a bottle, but was contemplating where the best place to order would be.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Banned

Guys I'm not 100% on that 125ml price. I know that the 250ml from colette would have come out to right around $200 shipped, whereas from the Dior store it was $240.

I tried this just after Christmas. I'm new to Basenotes, and certainly don't have the experience and nose to pen my thoughts to your more experienced questions and comparison's.

Put it this way, its good, real good. However on the day I was torn, and went with Bois D'Argent. I plan on going back to get Ambre Nuit. 125 ml bottles cost around $240, while the 250ml bottles are $380. Not cheap, but I think well worth it, its rare to have something that's so good, and well, NOT so mainstream.
    Last edited by Sonny Black; 3rd February 2010 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    By the way, who is this Collette? Is she an online vendor of some kind?

Dimitri`s review of Ambre Nuit makes me think about one of the feminine exclusives by Dior (also done by Demachy), namely Passage #4,8,9.
    One was iris-violet, second was white bouquet with tuberose dominated, and the last was warm peppery rose.
    I wonder if there is any similarity between masculine cologne and Rose Passage?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Black View Post
    By the way, who is this Collette? Is she an online vendor of some kind?
    One of the hippest stores in Paris - www.colette.fr (warning: mildly NSFW - website has music playing).

I'm hearing mentions of a lot of different facets of the frag so far in reviews. Can anyone give me something that it's similar to?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    One of the hippest stores in Paris - www.colette.fr (warning: mildly NSFW - website has music playing).
    Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'm hearing mentions of a lot of different facets of the frag so far in reviews. Can anyone give me something that it's similar to?
    Wow, I tried it today and I'm not convinced. My first impression: Zino Davidoff remixed by Serge Lutens. I probably need to give it a real wearing before I say anymore.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 8th February 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Wow, I tried it today and I'm not convinced. My first impression: Zino Davidoff remixed by Serge Lutens. I probably need to give it a real wearing before I say anymore.
    Never tried Zino, though it's sometimes compared to Bois 1920 Extreme, which I really like, and I'm an ardent fan of SL, so I wouldn't mind that at all!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Never tried Zino, though it's sometimes compared to Bois 1920 Extreme, which I really like, and I'm an ardent fan of SL, so I wouldn't mind that at all!
    It's in the 1920 Extreme world, too. Now that I've spent more time with it, I'm also thinking of C&S Cuba, big time. A bergamot and tobacco bomb. My point being, I'm not finding it all that original.

This is a really great scent - Ambre Nuit!
    Well, it deserves more longevity - but hey, it`s just cologne (EDC).
    It reminds me Ambre Narguile Hermessence made by lightest shade watercolor, more Hermessence and more Ellena-characteristic in style than Ellena`s perfume itself.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Basenotes Institution

I am wearing it today, and I just love this stuff. The rose is very non-distinct, but ever so often you get a tiny aura of it, at the corner of your nose. It really enhances the amber.

I am stuffy nosed today, since my head cold decided to come back and make a repeat visit from a couple weeks ago - yet, I can clearly smell this juice on me, even though I am really only smelling at 50% today.

Like Eau Noire, this one packs a wallop in terms of sillage, longevity, radiance, etc. Of course, this could easily annoy you, if you don't like the scent - sort of how another Dior, Fahrenheit Absolute, annoys me with it's strident woody/amber aroma. But, I love Ambre Nuit, so the sheer breadth of it all around me, is comforting and quite agreeable.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th February 2010 at 03:58 PM.

cousin to TV but more refined and with a delightful Turkish Rose accord leaving from heart.
    Sniffing this, only one word comes to mind: LUST!!!!

A very nice one from the exclusive line.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

aren't they overdue for a reformulation causing widespread panic?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝