Code of Conduct

Default Rive Gauche or Rive Gauche Intense for shaving-soap/barbershop hit?

My apologies for another Rive Gauche thread, but I would like to know which out of the standard and intense versions gives you more of a barbershop/shaving-soap hit...

I have smelled the standard Rive Gauche and love it, put before I pull the trigger online I would like to know if the intense version will satisfy my old school barbershop craving more. Before you ask, I can only find the intense version online so I cannot sample it.

Thanks,

S.

Default Re: Rive Gauche or Rive Gauche Intense for shaving-soap/barbershop hit?

I love both versions of Rive Gauche, the original and Intense. I purchased the intense version as I found longevity on the original very variable - on days it would feel again after a couple of hours, whilst on others, I could get notes wafting to me throughout the day.

I really love the Intense version of this great scent, but to me, it is mainly patchouli that is the difference. I love patchouli but, at the same time, I do feel the Intense loses a little of that barbershop accord of the original.

If it is the barbershop aspect of the original you seek, I would say to stick with the original. If you want the original with lots of extra patchouli, the Intense will work.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree too, the regular version has a greater barbershop feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the original--just apply lightly!

Excellent! Thanks for the tips fellas, now to find the original well-priced online...