Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 21 October

Good morning!

Another three-hugging day for me in SL Un Bois Sépia. I recommend this woody wonder to everyone who likes wood notes, notes include Middle Eastern opoponax, Indonesian patchouli leaves, sandalwood, cypress and vetiver... YUMSTERS!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 21st October 2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 21 October

Since I am several hours ahead of the US - I am already into Wednesday ! Vanille Gourmande by Laura Mercier is my SoTD - one of my little worn fragrances that I brought with me. An excellent vanilla really - long lasting .
    Lara sweets - I think you have this one too. I do love it - I know why I bought it now. Delicious,ever so slight smokey vanilla and not much else. I hope I am not going on yet another vanilla kick !

Hello to all my Basenotes friends - many scented hugs and best wishes to everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I switched to The Thymes Goldleaf this evening (it is 11:00pm or so on Tuesday here) and am enjoying it so much I plan to wear it tomorrow (today, for some of you). Take care all.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 21 October

Good Morning, Good Morning and all the best for all of us

Jean - Paul Guerlain's

the unique and fantastic HABIT ROUGE, Eau de Toilette

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Lemon, Rosewood, Basil, Pimento .

Middle Notes
    Sandal, Carnation, Patchouli, Cedar, Rose, Cinnamon .

Base Notes
    Vanilla, Amber, Moss, Leather, Benzoin, Labdanum, Olibanum .
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Arrrggh... My sleeping pattern was thrown off by my bizarre work schedule... wide awake in the middle of the night... at least I'm off tomorrow.

Making some headway through my samples. Une Rose Chypree was much nicer in cool weather, with one tiny drop on my hand.
    Developed coherently, and I understand a bit more of what he was going for. It merits further testing.

Because its become my go-to scent, because its my day off, and because its positively gawwwwgeous...
    Bond No. 9
    Andy Warhol's Lexington Avenue

"Resinous blue cypress paired with fennel, similar to anise or licorice, for a bracing foundation.
    They balanced it with cozy gourmand notes of toasted almond and “crème brulée” over creamy sandalwood.
    Neither side of this spectrum would work alone, but together the result is incredible!
    A little olfactive alchemy and you’ve got creamy spiced woods woven with traces of peony."
    -from my very first review

Shine on, you crazy diamonds!

:bounce:
    Last edited by exquisitely me; 21st October 2009 at 04:45 PM.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Hope you sleep better tomorrow exquisitely me!
    Take it easy today.

I am going to apply some CINEMA this morning and get those leaves swept up.
    None of them come from our garden - the two neighbours have plenty of trees, however!
    Maybe I should be wearing Feuilles de Tabac.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...umn_leaves.jpg
    Last edited by tigrushka; 21st October 2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: HUGE pic

I'm sampling Ormonde Jayne Tolu today, courtesy of the lovely Hebe. I wasn't sure at first (in fact I sprayed without even knowing what it was!), but it's developing into something lovely. I'm not usually into Orientals at all.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint-Laurent - Rive Gauche pour Homme.

Top notes are rosemary, star anise and bergamot
    Middle notes are lavender, cloves and geranium
    Base notes are patchouli, guaiac wood and vetiver

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Artisan Ambre Extreme

Good morning everyone.Today my studygroup and I are interviewing a Socialworker about communitywork.He works with trying to rehabilitate and eventually try to give drugaddicts a place of their own. The idea is to prevent "ghettos" of former drugaddicts living too close to eachother.He seems very commited to his work and empowerment is essential for this organization.Sotd is Love's true bluish light.enjoy your day all!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 21st October 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Roja Dove - Enslaved
    Have a nice day
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Oh Kewart! That's a lot of leaves!!!

I'm wearing Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

Guerlain Shalimar for me today - this has lovely sillage! I kept getting light wafts of it through the day which is great as I like Shalimar best about an hour in.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

A lot of leaves, but a beautiful picture, Kewart.
    And think of the workout you'll get, "free, gratis and for nothing" as an old friend used to say.

Today I had my first German lesson for a fortnight and I was busy doing my homework last night and swotting up over brekky this morning. It was nice to see Vreni, my teacher again, she's really kind and so patient with me. Today I learned to pronounce the word Würste (sausages) and wound up laughing myself silly at the strange noises I made trying to get the "Wür" part right. Hilarious.

So, since I was seeing Vreni, I didn't want to weary anything too wild and woolly or overpowering. And yesterday I was reading Gaia's review of Molinard's Fleur de Figuier on her blog http://thenonblonde.blogspot.com/ so it all just came together beautifully and I spritzed on my Green. Perfect for business-like thinking on a Wednesday morning. And with a nice creamy drydown that keeps it from being shrieky now the weather has cooled. I think Quarry would like this.

And now it has subsided to a whisper I have an urge to try the Insolence edp and edt I have carded samples of. I've never bothered before, beyond a quick spritz and a yuck at the hairspray topnotes, but it's supposed to be good and the thread on it has piqued my curiosity. I just hope I don't end up smelling like a nuclear lapdancer, as we have what Small calls 'Special Guests' for dinner this evening. (She really does watch too much telly. )

Hugs to all who need them.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Parfums De Nicolai Odalisque

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Neil Morris Afire this AM, from a sample.

Intense Deep Orange, some Spice/Incense and a touch of Black Pepper. Nice!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oh geeze. Them leaves are making me scroll frantically across my small screen this morning - so
    I'm gonna tuck my SOTD here in the corner so's
    any other small screen persons don't have to cope!!!

...needed me some caffeine and lavender!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

SL Cedre for me today - an elegant tuberose rendition, not strong, cloying or indolic at all. HAGD!!!

SL Fleurs de Citronnier though I am sick and may not be able to smell it myself. Haven't worn much in days but it is time.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Musc Ravageur, Frederic Malle (I bought a sample of the body cream from TPC so today
    I can layer this favorite!) Fall break Th/F for the "intermediate students" - meaning the son, so it feels like Friday!

I had one of those "I haven't a THING to wear!" mornings.

Not clothes. To heck with those. Perfume, of course.

I had the hardest time choosing...I thought something green, but my go-to options (2 formulations of Vent Vert, Givenchy III, Chanel No19) didn't feel right. Woodier, perhaps? My Feminite de Bois ALMOST made the cut, but I found myself wanting a little sweetening....

Ah, yes.

Dior's Dolce Vita. A VERY close cousin to my FdB, but with a little sweeter open. It's serving well right now. But...stay tuned. I suspect I'll be going for a different SotAfternoon. I'm clearly uncommitted today, scent-wise.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

MAC Africanimal

bergamot, freesia, pink pepper, honey, jasmine, orange blossom, black pepper, oud, patchouli, sandalwood, amber, frankincense, vanilla

Allure Sensuelle for me today...

top notes

Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Pink Pepper
    heart note

Jasmine, Rose, Iris,Candied Fruit, Vetiver
    base note

French Vanilla, Amber Patchouli, Frankincense, Sensual Note

LipPrint - with you on preferring Shalimar 1 hour in. Though I'm a big fan of the topnotes too

Yesterday- used up the rest of my Delrae Bois de Paradis. A very smooth spice/fruit/wood blend. Winds up being just this side of a candle shop. A scent I'm glad I tried. Probably don't need to revisit it.

Today - the last of the Guerlain L'Heure Bleu. POWDER!!!! LILACS!!!! VIOLETS!!!!! Hint of soap. This is another scent that I am glad I encountered, but probably won't miss.

For both of these, I can smell the artistry involved and appreciate how beautiful they are.
    And I am accepting that it is OK to not necessarily want to wear the art very often.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Aomassai
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

I am wearing Mitsouko edp today.

I'm wearing Bal à Versailles edc this morning.

I highly recommend this formulation if you can find it, in the white glass bottle.

I found mine at Marshall's for $7, poor little orphan, waiting for me to take it home.

Last edited by lilybelle; 21st October 2009 at 02:01 PM.

Hello, angels...

Feeling poorly , but "it ain't personal", LOL.
    Amouage Epic should be the ticket; it follows me around like a lovesick puppy-
    And you who KNOW me- know how much I HATE that, LOL !

Hope all my blossoms in the work search have better luck.
    Hope my ailing ones feel better.
    Loving you is a constant, not a condition...
    MWAH.

Basenotes Institution

Vetiver (vintage Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Kewart or mods, please resize the picture, it is too wide and, truthfully, inconvenient.

L'Artisan Premier Figuier, raining here.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 21 October

Mitsouko.

1000 Kisses Deep

It's snowing! Wearing Theorema.

Rose Barbare (Guerlain)

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 21 October

Wearing FM Une Rose today

Basenotes Plus

Mo, I LOVE Dolce Vita and prefer it to Fem du Bois.

Caron Tabac Blond for me today, last drops of my extrait *sob*. Much has been written about the Caron reformulations and how awful they are. Mine is ca. 2004 or '05 and glorious, is all I can say.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Fantastic leaves, Kewart!

It has warmed up again here, though overcast. I'm in Demeter Lilac.

30 Roses, I have Demeter Lilac sitting on my dresser, untested... I really need to give it a go!

Today I'm in Philosophy Pure Grace.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    It's snowing! Wearing Theorema.
    Well, it's a perfect cool & sunny fall day here, but I'm in Theorema too.

Quote Originally Posted by j_mysscent View Post
    Wearing FM Une Rose today
    Welcome, j_mysscent! You are wearing one of my very favorite fragrances.
    Last edited by Haunani; 21st October 2009 at 08:20 PM.

SL Borneo 1834

Last edited by turquoisewater; 21st October 2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added pic

My day is crazy....the weather is odd and changeable....and my Dolce Vita has worn away. Time for a second scent, and I know just the thing!

Back on the hamster wheel, now.......
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

Nice morning off, spent get a mani/pedi on the way to work. Left the house in The Party in Manhattan. I really love this, but it is so similar to other chypres, esp Jubilation 25. However, it does have a nicely dirty note to it, which I don't find in the others.

:wave:

Greetings to all!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Doing the Mauboussin thing again today. I can't decide if I like it, or if I really like it.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Helmut Lang

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm wearing Bal à Versailles edc this morning.

I highly recommend this formulation if you can find it, in the white glass bottle.

I found mine at Marshall's for $7, poor little orphan, waiting for me to take it home.

Lilybelle - you are SOOO RIGHT! The edc is my fave too! You smell Maaahhhvelous!

Chanel no. 19 edt
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Annick Goutal Rose Absolue

Timbuktu! But I have my new copy of The Guide and am ready to start digging into my sample box again.

I'm scent twins with Lilybelle today in Bal a Versailles EdC.

I bought this over the summer and thought it was great, but on this rather chilly English autumn day it smells somewhat thin ...
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Lilybelle - you are SOOO RIGHT! The edc is my fave too! You smell Maaahhhvelous!
    Why, thank you! And mwah right back at ya!

I'm wearing Estee Lauder Pure White Linen this evening. I don't think this would have worked over the Bal à Versaillles but for showering in between scents. I don't know why I reach for this Pure White Linen so often! My husband doesn't love it. It doesn't seem to get much love elsewhere, but it suits my taste lately, which is for somewhat dry, airy, aldehydic, floral/woodsy & soft musk scents.

Testing IUNX l'Ether on one wrist: too masculine for this girl's skin

PG Felanilla on the other wrist: I've decided I don't like wearing hay
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Jil Sander Sun, though I had MEANT to wear Or des Indes. Which I couldn't find. Which had me pretty peeved since I only just got the decant from dear 3xasif. UGH.

Petrucci: that's some fine looking espresso. WANT.

It seems I communicate in caps today. SLEEP DEPRIVATION. That's what it'll do to you, kids.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 22nd October 2009 at 12:08 AM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Neil Morris Quest from a sample tonight. This I like!

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Ozone notes.

Middle Notes
    Cut grass, Heliotrope.

Base Notes
    Myrrh, Patchouli, Precious woods.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

SOTE is my new acquisition: 1990's formulation of Samsara extrait.....simply exquisite, and perfect on a cool evening. I'll be sniffing myself right through SYTYCD and Glee!

Guy Laroche Jai Ose, from the time when Guy's name was still on the packaging. If it is not a masterpiece, I do not know what is then.

I may be away a day or two, please do not worry about us -- I am on vacation.

Neil Morris for Takishyma
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc

I'm wearing Nanette by Nanette Lepore. I was trying to remember what this frag reminded me of. Hanae Mori came to my mind last night, but as I wear it today it really smells like Hot Couture by Givenchy. It has the same sweetness and the slight nose burn. I love both HM and HC, but they turned on me after wearing them for a few years. So, I'm excitied about finding Nanette as a replacement.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Detchema

Vol de Nuit Evasion
    Evenstar

SotD was Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche to blend with the vestiges of No.19 on my sweater. Worked pretty well!

SotE is Vol de Nuit extrait.