Code of Conduct

Default Need a lil help.

So I purchased a few visa gift cards to make some online purchases.

I bought everything I needed, and planned on putting $55.00 on an online sports betting service.

Well, the service wouldn't accept visa gift cards.

I purchased Escada Magnetism and Dolce and Gabanna The one from fragrance.net.

I can't really decide where to spend this leftover $55.00, except on a frag.

Le male is on my wish list, but I just got perry ellis white and feel like it suffices for now, being very similar.

Looking at my wardrobe, any suggestions on what I'd enjoy?

I have a ton of aquatics, which I prefer...but I've also enjoyed some of the other darker scents.

I either want to purchase 2 cheaper frags, or one more expensive frag.

I've had some interest in DKNY's BE delicious, because I love apple.

Thanks ya'll!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Need a lil help.

You need to post your wardrobe.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm sorry. Thought it was something ya'll could just look at.

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/33246

Does that work?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by d_duffy7 View Post
    I'm sorry. Thought it was something ya'll could just look at.

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/33246

Does that work?
    Hey d_duff7,

Yes the link works. One would have to actually go to your profile page to access the wardrobe page that the link you provided leads to. Instead, you could have a little icon beside your user name (in every post you make) in the shape of a green bottle that is clickable and would direct anyone straight to your wardrobe page. You can follow the steps here http://community.basenotes.net/faq.p...u#faq_wardrobe

Back to scents, I see you have Bulgari's Aqua Marine, have you tried the original Aqua yet?
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st October 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Hey d_duff7,

Yes the link works. One would have to actually go to your profile page to access the wardrobe page that the link you provided leads to. Instead, you could have a little icon beside your user name (in every post you make) in the shape of a green bottle that is clickable and would direct anyone straight to your wardrobe page. You can follow the steps here http://community.basenotes.net/faq.p...u#faq_wardrobe

Back to scents, I see you have Bulgari's Aqua Marine, have you tried the original Aqua yet?
    I have not tried to original, but I'm thinking if I'm going to invest $55, that I would go with something else, I'm guessing aqua and marine are fairly similar.

31 out of your 46 scents end in "For Men" or "Pour Homme".

Just an observation. Maybe something a little more...floral?

Dependent

I have not tried to original, but I'm thinking if I'm going to invest $55, that I would go with something else, I'm guessing aqua and marine are fairly similar.
    They are actually pretty different, in my humble opinion. If you don't mind an aquatic that is void of citrus/fruits, Aqua is well worth a sniff. Seeing that we actually do have a good handful of similar scents, you just may find Aqua an interesting one.

L'eau Par Kenzo is another citrus aquatic that is decent...
    XS pour homme by Paco Rabanne does look to be unique to what you have, minty, earthy, fruity.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    31 out of your 46 scents end in "For Men" or "Pour Homme".

Just an observation. Maybe something a little more...floral?
    Interesting stat. I don't look too much into the name, it's more about availability for me. Most of my scents have come from heavy discounters like TJ maxx/marshalls, so I lookup the fragrance on here, and if it's cheap and has good reviews I'll buy it, so far so good. Only ran into a few I didn't like so far.

I see floral as smelling like burberry touch, is that correct?

I'm more into a "sexy" smell I guess? One that'll make you say "whoa"

When I think of a floral scent I don't see that. I'm impatient so I kinda have to buy blind, I hate to go through the sampling process with my $55.00. Maybe I ought to run down to the local frag counter and so some free sampling lol.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    They are actually pretty different, in my humble opinion. If you don't mind an aquatic that is void of citrus/fruits, Aqua is well worth a sniff. Seeing that we actually do have a good handful of similar scents, you just may find Aqua an interesting one.

L'eau Par Kenzo is another citrus aquatic that is decent...
    XS pour homme by Paco Rabanne does look to be unique to what you have, minty, earthy, fruity.
    XS pour homme something relatively available at most fragrance counters? I'd like to sample it

^ free sampling is always good.

Some random suggestions - YSL M7; Dior Homme (I know...Homme again); Bvlgari Black.

If you're feeling wild, you could always head over to the women's counter and try some things there too.

Dependent

I can't comment since I am in Singapore. Over here, it is pretty much everywhere and very affordable. I do see it on many online retailers at very decent prices, so I'd suspect it should be easily available for most. I may be wrong though. I paid a rough equivalent of 35USD++ for a 100ml/3.4oz if I recall correctly.

Oh yeah, what sofresh said, I'd like to endorse as well. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can find in the Ladies' section of a fragrance outlet. All you need, is an open mind.
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st October 2009 at 03:03 PM.

You seem to like lighter, fresh, and slightly sweet fragrances. Based on that, I think you would really like:

Carolina Herrera's 212 Men
    L'Eau Par Kenzo - or maybe Kenzo Power if you'd like to try something more floral.
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Agree on XS
    It's a little heavier, but a good sexy fragrance that will "make you say 'woah'" is Jaipur.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 21st October 2009 at 05:01 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    ^ free sampling is always good.

Some random suggestions - YSL M7; Dior Homme (I know...Homme again); Bvlgari Black.

If you're feeling wild, you could always head over to the women's counter and try some things there too.
    I've heard alot about M7, and Dior Homme. Especially Dior.

I've though the Muglers ALIEN bottle is the coolest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    You seem to like lighter, fresh, and slightly sweet fragrances. Based on that, I think you would really like:

Carolina Herrera's 212 Men
    L'Eau Par Kenzo - or maybe Kenzo Power if you'd like to try something more floral.
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Agree on XS
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport I tried sampling once. I enjoyed it, but it was brought to my attention from someone who wears it, but says almost all his friends wear it too...lil fragrance turnoff.

XS seems to be a decent choice, I may check that out.

Jaipur eh? now that sounds interesting.
    Last edited by d_duffy7; 21st October 2009 at 03:05 PM.

^ give Alien a shot...there are also a bunch of flanker (summer editions, etc.) that are a bit lighter.

And you can't go wrong with Dior Homme...well, not so much the Sport version, but the original is good.

So I purchased a few visa gift cards to make some online purchases.

I bought everything I needed, and planned on putting $55.00 on an online sports betting service.

Well, the service wouldn't accept visa gift cards.

I purchased Escada Magnetism and Dolce and Gabanna The one from fragrance.net.

I can't really decide where to spend this leftover $55.00, except on a frag.

Le male is on my wish list, but I just got perry ellis white and feel like it suffices for now, being very similar.

Looking at my wardrobe, any suggestions on what I'd enjoy?

I have a ton of aquatics, which I prefer...but I've also enjoyed some of the other darker scents.

I either want to purchase 2 cheaper frags, or one more expensive frag.

I've had some interest in DKNY's BE delicious, because I love apple.

Thanks ya'll!
    How about l'anarchiste? I don't see anything similar to it in your wardrobe, and lots of people think it smells like apple, which you say you like. Spicy, sweet, woodsy, fruity, and some people say minty.

Blog Entries

I agree with Matthewfoo. Aqva and Aqva Marine really aren't that similar, and the original is much better.

L'eau par Kenzo is worth a sniff at least.

I will add Versace Pour Homme to the list.

Sounds like you'd enjoy the "women's" DKNY Red Delicious. It's apple with "white" floral backing it up. I don't know if it's "unisex" (it is to me; LOL) but I wear it after dinner when I'm staying home.