Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Fragrance worth your while IMO.

I have been testing Barbara Bui "Le Parfum" which, I find to be an excellent fragrance IMO worth your time to try. I was first attracted by the notes which, I think, male and female worthy and a sleeper fragrance that never took off because their was some problem with production, is my understanding. It is dirt cheap right now if you can find it. I just feel so good about this blind buy that I bought a back up bottle and have to gush it's praises.

....gush it's praises. (Now you know why I didn't get accepted at Oxford.)( LOL)
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 21st October 2009 at 11:25 PM.

Default Re: Fragrance worth your while IMO.

Now I bought a bottle of this a few weeks ago and am still waiting for it to be delivered. I just emailed the seller to see when it was actually shipped as I'm getting rather nervous. I tried it last year and didn't care for it, finding it a bit too sweet, but somehow, something inside me snapped! I must have this/I must own this. I hope I get this.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Fragrance worth your while IMO.

Bummer. Hope it arrives soon. Post your impressions when it does arrive. Man, I hate shipping gone wrong issues. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Now I bought a bottle of this a few weeks ago and am still waiting for it to be delivered. I just emailed the seller to see when it was actually shipped as I'm getting rather nervous. I tried it last year and didn't care for it, finding it a bit too sweet, but somehow, something inside me snapped! I must have this/I must own this. I hope I get this.

Sadly, too heliotrope-y for me, though I had high hopes of loving it.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

N_Tesla, something's been up with Canada Post lately; example: my very dear (in every sense of the word) split of TF Tobacco Vanille was delivered to the wrong address despite clear and correct labelling. Thank goodness for honest neighbours! Aside from that, despite having emailed the seller, still no response, which also makes me uneasy.....and also makes me want it moooooore and moooooooore! Oh the thrill of the hunt!

VM-heliotrope, yes, I do love heliotrope: da da da, cue Chanel Beige and Reminiscence Do Re!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I was supposed to receive BB Parfum on another board in exchange of another perfume of mine... Well... The other person does not log in nor I have received anything... She also said she would let me know as soon as it arrived, but she's not sent any message... I'm beginning to think the parcel was lost... Or worse...

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Fragrance worth your while IMO.

Wow! What's up with these shipping problems? I feel your pain as I too would be chomping at the bit.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 23rd October 2009 at 01:19 AM.

Baldufida, what a nightmare! How long has it been since the swapper went MIA?

N_Tesla, this is certainly anxiety-provoking. Have you ever had a package not arrive?

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Fragrance worth your while IMO.

I have never yet bought from others on-line except well known fragrance companies and never yet have had a loss. I am very careful about from whom I buy.

N_Tesla, this is certainly anxiety-provoking. Have you ever had a package not arrive?

It's all a conspiracy to steal all the BB perfume in the world. Obviously it is the essential element in some mind-controlling ray gun or perhaps the fuel for the Death Star. (Wouldn't that be cute? Star Wars powered by perfume. OK, shoot me now as a freaky geeky.)

I haven't tried this, but all the reviews say it's incredibly similar to a real fave of mine: Sonja Rykiel for Woman, not for men! Edp. (That's a very specific and long name, I know. And it's the edp not the edt as well, because apparently they smell different.) SRFWNFM edp is lovely, enormously wearable and - to my nose - deliciously heliotropey. I wonder if it will also power Death Stars?
    Last edited by Wordbird; 23rd October 2009 at 11:38 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Not that much... Four days... But I sent her a message same day she last logged in asking if she had received anything from me and no answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    It's all a conspiracy to steal all the BB perfume in the world. Obviously it is the essential element in some mind-controlling ray gun or perhaps the fuel for the Death Star. (Wouldn't that be cute? Star Wars powered by perfume. OK, shoot me now as a freaky geeky.)

I haven't tried this, but all the reviews say it's incredibly similar to a real fave of mine: Sonja Rykiel for Woman, not for men! Edp. (That's a very specific and long name, I know. And it's the edp not the edt as well, because apparently they smell different.) SRFWNFM edp is lovely, enormously wearable and - to my nose - deliciously heliotropey. I wonder if it will also power Death Stars?
    I had to lol at this... I think I might be as freak as you are (not saying YOU ARE a freak, but I do also like Star Wars a lot... :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Not that much... Four days... But I sent her a message same day she last logged in asking if she had received anything from me and no answer...
    Wait a little bit, B. I can see why you'd feel upset, though. Just hang on a little bit longer and write again. Does this person have a lot of feedback?

Also, N_Tesla, the missing BB perfume is from a reputable ebay seller. I don't purchase from just anyone either.....all kinds of weirdos out there

Wish us luck!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Fragrance worth your while IMO.

lovethescents: Absolutely, I wish you good luck, bon chance mon amis. When you do get your BB Le Parfume post what you think of it. I look forward to your post.

Wait a little bit, B. I can see why you'd feel upset, though. Just hang on a little bit longer and write again. Does this person have a lot of feedback?

Also, N_Tesla, the missing BB perfume is from a reputable ebay seller. I don't purchase from just anyone either.....all kinds of weirdos out there

Wish us luck!

Thanks!! I'm just eager to know whether she got it or not because I sent it more than three weeks ago... To Germany... And yes, she had more feedback than I do...

RECEIVED!!!!! Impatient, silly me received the BB Le Parfum. I'm testing it and loving it. Yes, it is quite heliotropy, VM, but I also get roasting almonds, warming amber (minus the skank), smoky vanilla and hints of woods. This is incredibly cozy. It is rather sweet, and my tolerance for hyper-sweet isn't high, but it works so well here. Highly recommended and thanks to notre cher ami, N_Tesla, for beginning this thread.

Baldufita, any word on the German MIA?