Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AromiErotici

Thumbs down FragranceNet.... a truly disappointing experience

My first order ever with FragranceNet......and my last.

Paid for Egoiste and Dirty English on 10-10. The "package" arrived today on the 21st and having to wait was the least of my problems.

Immediately upon receiving it, I was overwhelmed with the aroma of Dirty English. I turn the box sideways and what was once soaked through has now dried down to a moist and odoriferous cardboard container.

Inside was 2 dried and smeared fragrance boxes. The graphics and lettering on both half washed out. The Dirty English was snapped clean off directly underneath the cap like someone took a saw to it. It was no mystery after checking the packing why it didn't survive shipping.

A few pieces of brown paper lined the bottom and a few advertisements plus an invoice sat atop that. The 2 small 50ml fragrance boxes thrown on top. No peanuts or bubblewrap. 50% of the box space remained empty so the shipping process could act as a Tilt-O-Whirl and bounce them around as much as possible. Survival was minimal.

Maybe an 8 year old packed my order. Maybe someone with a bad hangover packed my order...or...helped the 8 year old. Maybe they need to get their head and ass wired together and have some respect for customers paying for an item.

Either way, they will never see another dime of my fragrance money in this lifetime.

Default Re: FragranceNet.... a truly disappointing experience

Ugghhh !!! Sorry to hear that Aromi. That is very unprofessional on FragranceNet's part. I hope you get some credit back for your loss from F-Net.

The Egoiste is okay ?

How could a web site like that pack it so carelessly? Sorry about your damaged item, you should contact them for a new bottle.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto
    Currently wearing: Desire Silver by Dunhill

Return it and write them a letter. That sort of nonsense cannot be tolerated.

Complain and send it back. I've ordered from them a number of times with no problems but sometimes sh!t happens.

Let them know and demand a replacement or refund, whichever you prefer.

Sorry to hear of the lousy experience. I hope you get your money back!

To be honest, stories like this are to be expected. Crap happens. I WILL, however, probably refrain from doing business with them if they don't make it right after you contact them. Too many reputable online dealers to buy from ones who screw you.

Those bastards! You better get some kind of refund

I have ordered from them probably about 5 times and they always packed everything just fine... sorry to hear about your negative experience though. Probably a new / incompetent person at the warehouse packing it. Definitely contact them, send it back and ask for a replacement or refund, I have had enough positive experiences with this company to think that they will happily honor this.

Definately careless , certainly a refund or two replacement bottles should be sent to you .
    Keep us informed of the outcome AE .

" Wanted " empty bottle of Macassar
    Currently wearing: MCM Success by MCM

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post

Paid for Egoiste and Dirty English on 10-10. The "package" arrived today on the 21st and having to wait was the least of my problems.

Immediately upon receiving it, I was overwhelmed with the aroma of Dirty English. I turn the box sideways and what was once soaked through has now dried down to a moist and odoriferous cardboard container.

Inside was 2 dried and smeared fragrance boxes. The graphics and lettering on both half washed out. The Dirty English was snapped clean off directly underneath the cap like someone took a saw to it. It was no mystery after checking the packing why it didn't survive shipping.

A few pieces of brown paper lined the bottom and a few advertisements plus an invoice sat atop that. The 2 small 50ml fragrance boxes thrown on top. No peanuts or bubblewrap. 50% of the box space remained empty so the shipping process could act as a Tilt-O-Whirl and bounce them around as much as possible. Survival was minimal.

Maybe an 8 year old packed my order. Maybe someone with a bad hangover packed my order...or...helped the 8 year old. Maybe they need to get their head and ass wired together and have some respect for customers paying for an item.

Either way, they will never see another dime of my fragrance money in this lifetime.
    Ouch sorry to hear. Ya i've made a commitment never to buy scents off the internet. Hopefully they will do the right thing and refund you!!

thats very odd
    last time I ordered from them I thought the package was shipped too securely (way too much of everything)
    it must of been some freak accident
    who knows
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 04/24/2017)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Perhaps the eight year old was hung over, too?

Though I've never ordered from them, I still think that they do a good job at packing considering the fact that they seem be a very popular e-tailor.
    I just hope this is just a one off case. I am quite sure that they will certainly make up to you. It's frustrating to receive shattered bottles in mail but don't be uncertain one bit that you'd have to pay for the loss.

We all will make a pledge to a Basenotes wide boycott of Fragrancenet, if it comes down to that

Blog Entries

I've been buying from them for years, and have had a slight issue only once. Their customer service is probably the best amongst discount e-tailers. Instead of cursing them, contact them. I am sure they'll make up for it.

I've placed several orders with them and I've got to say, they're packaging definitely lacks. Nothing more than a few coupons, a CK sample, and some brown paper. Seems to do the trick most of the time, but then just a few weeks back they decided it was a bright move to ship two flacons and a 3.4oz bottle to me the same way. I'm sure you can guess what happened.

OP, ask them to email you a return shipping label and tell them that you'd like them to cover the costs. That way you (at least) don't pay for the return shipping.

Well, shit happens! Never thought that Neiman Marcus anything but great customer service. Not so! I got screwed pretty badly by them (the Havana thing). But I am sure that was a very isolated incident. Same here with FragranceX, I am sure. Not a pleasant experience, but never say never. You may need to order something from them that no one else has, in the future.

Dependent

Please keep us updated on this, AromiErotici. Take lots of photographs. And when you communicate with them, be sure to mention to them in a polite, well-worded letter that you will report their attempts to "make good" here on BN. You could even provide them with a link to this thread. I would also send an actual physical letter with identical content by Certified Mail so that they know you mean business. They don't want to lose significant business over about $100 worth of juice. It just isn't worth it for them. This is also a good lesson in making sure that all such purchases are made with a credit card, so that the formal procedure for disputing a charge on your card can be invoked (which I would also do right away).

There's just no excuse for negligence like this. Bubble wrap and packing peanuts are cheap as hell, even more so if bought in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Perhaps the eight year old was hung over, too?
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been told that I was quite a barfly when I was around eight years old, regularly pounding various single malts from my sippy cup. I don't remember any of it, since I was so hammered all the time. I was apparently forced to give it up by the time I reached nine, when it was discovered that my beard was fake.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 22nd October 2009 at 07:32 AM.

I had a Tilt-o-whirl package sent to me once and was really surprised anyone would send liquid like that. I actually have a really good feeling it was from FragranceNet actually..Nothing was broken so I never complained but your story make me nervous from ordering from them again.....

Sorry to hear about your order, but my God that must've smelled great...

Blog Entries

What disgusting ineptitude! Please do report back if they satisfy you with replacements/refund.

Basenotes Institution

I'm really sorry about your order being so messed up. I have ordered from Fragrancenet more than 5 times now and they have always been very reliable,fast, on time ,perfect products. I would definitely complain and get a refund or get a replacement order . I am sure they would do so .
    FragranceX is the one I would be nervous about though having ordered from them 4 times, I have never had an issue - I know other Basenoters have.
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Talk to customer service and let us know what happens.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

AromiErotici

I am going to send the order back to them tomorrow. I simply expected more from a company such as this.

Waiting almost 2 weeks and then having your $$$ tied up for additional time due to negligent packing is unacceptable to me. Even a few inexperienced ebay sellers I have dealt with have packed better shipments than this.

Angry? No. Disappointed is more accurate. They are willing to take it back, but then why shouldn't they? One bad transaction is all I tolerate from anyone. My business will be directed elsewhere in the future.

Shred the cardboard as a sort of pot pourri ?

Sorry that happened to you. I've used them a couple of times in the past and was sufficiently underwhelmed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post

Please keep us in the loop when they reply.

I've ordered from them 3 times, and everything came fast and well packaged. My only complaint is that they've sent me the same crummy sample all 3 times lol.

sorry to hear that

fragrancex website looks worse than fragrancenet, thats my impression. Yet every order from fragrancex was really well packed. May be you should get a refund and get ur fumes there.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

AromiErotici,

My experience with Fragrancenet was almost precisely the same as yours, except that thankfully nothing actually got broken en route. But the crumpled brown paper, the ads thrown in - exactly as you describe. Also, one of the bottles I received had a very shopworn box (no plastic wrap) with a piece of tape holding one of the sides together. But most annoying was how they bombarded me with meaningless emails after my order was received - messages where they claimed to be "searching their warehouses" for my items. I mean, really - if it wasn't available, why say it is on your website? They've never gotten my business again.

Yo, ImaginationPerfumery, wherever you've disappeared to - come back, come back!

Over the fifty or so orders I've had, only ONE bottle broke. They refunded me the full amount and gave me a return tag free of charge.

They pack all their packages like that, by the way.

Bad first impressions are difficult to alleviate.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post

They pack all their packages like that, by the way.
    What are they mad or what?
    Where is their common sense? How can they be so foolish as to not even
    take reasonable care in packing fragrances when shipping them?

Any intelligent person who's in the trade would make sufficient efforts
    to wrap the fragrances in bubble wrap and fit them snugly in the mailing
    box so that they fragrance(s) don't toss around during shipment.

This is just bad business practice, IMO.

FragranceX on the other hand may have other issues but their packing is quite secure.