Code of Conduct

Default Need help deciding: Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte

Hi Guys, I already have Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte and like it alot.

Do you think Eau d'Orange Verte original is different/special enough to warrant another purchase?

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: Need help deciding: Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte

I think they're sufficiently different, but I don't know how I'd decide which I was going to wear if I owned both. I guess if you can get a bottle cheap enough it's not a big deal.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I prefer the original, but you have to be content with the relatively ephemeral topnotes.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Only if u can get it for cheap. It's just too short lasting to pay full retail.

But i've seen a few gift sets at Parkson@Pavilion and KLCC that come with a bar of soap, shower gel and toiletry bag. All together with a 100ml EDC, now that might be worth it.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 22nd October 2009 at 02:12 PM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I love it and my other half promised me a bottle for christmas however, for the price tag, I've had to change my mind because it really doesn't last long enough. Going for Bois du Portugal instead.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Sur la Plage

It's a waste of money, IMO - due to its lack of longevity.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I also say no, it's not worth it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will probably not get it, as the general consensus seems to be that its just too fleeting a scent.

Johnny > Yes i saw the gift set, and I almost succumb to the very obvious marketing technique.

Quote Originally Posted by teohha View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I will probably not get it, as the general consensus seems to be that its just too fleeting a scent.

Johnny > Yes i saw the gift set, and I almost succumb to the very obvious marketing technique.
    Me too man because the toiletry bag looked quite good
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It's a waste of money, IMO - due to its lack of longevity.
    Quite frankly I agree. It really is an exquisite orange for 30 minutes on my skin max. After that, it completely evaporates where I cannot smell anything.

It's not something you can expect good longevity from. I got 100ml for about $30 thanks to a fellow Basenoter and have been using it to refresh myself at the end of a tiring day. If you want more longevity, you have to apply on the clothes as well.
    Last edited by zliang; 22nd October 2009 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    It's not something you can expect good longevity from. I got 100ml for about $30 thanks to a fellow Basenoter and have been using it to refresh myself at the end of a tiring day. If you want more longevity, you have to apply on the clothes as well.
    Point very well taken. Citrus based fragrances often have poor longevity and as you point out that does not necessarily preclude it from a pick-me-up fragrance at the end of a long day. Enjoy!

I got compliments after dousing myself on it, literally. Thus, taking in mind the price tag and the lack of longevity (it is and EdC after all) I would say is a very^5 - to the fifth potency - expensive scent.

There are similar (be aware I am not meaning "exactly alike") options for far better prices.