Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Frapin Caravelle Epicee.

Nope, traded it this week to Jenson.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Nope, traded it this week to Jenson.
    Yup !

Well, I ordered a sample of this too based on reviews and on the fact that I like cumin (or at least, the cumin in AMcQ Kingdom...)... I'll report as soon as I test it...

Strange that nobody has mention the body-odour note that`s lingering in the background..

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Strange that nobody has mention the body-odour note that`s lingering in the background..
    It's probably the cumin that you're sensing. No body odor notes.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Yep it's cumin, and I looove cumin notes

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    It's probably the cumin that you're sensing. No body odor notes.
    Yes, it`s the cumin that ruins this fragrance for me.. Cumin reminds me of sweaty armpits.. The same with Cartier Declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Yes, it`s the cumin that ruins this fragrance for me.. Cumin reminds me of sweaty armpits.. The same with Cartier Declaration.
    Cumin is a VERY tricky note to pull off. I dislike it as well Oslo, and the only instances in which I can wear it are when the cumin is used for its spicy character rather than it's dirty character. Examples of its useage as a spicy note are in Rose 31 and Angeliques sous la Pluie, otherwise I agree, it smells like BO.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Cumin is a VERY tricky note to pull off. I dislike it as well Oslo, and the only instances in which I can wear it are when the cumin is used for its spicy character rather than it's dirty character. Examples of its useage as a spicy note are in Rose 31 and Angeliques sous la Pluie, otherwise I agree, it smells like BO.
    -Luckily to hear i`m not the only one!

It's hard to account for taste in fragrances! I totally agree with the advice to test it first!

I love Caravelle Epicee as a fragrance. It's in my top ten currently. It is hard for me to imagine anyone not liking this fragrance! Of all the spice fragrances I've tried this is my favorite - along with CdG Original edp - It's a tie between these two. Both are near perfection in the spice category, but in very different ways.

A year ago or so, there was a basenotes group love affair with Noir Epices by Frederic Malle. Another fragrance in this genre of scent. Everyone seemed to love it! I tried it, but it just didn't work for me. Almost an instant repelling scent for me. Had to scrub it off. A bitterness that I couldn't overcome, and I tried a couple of times. Just goes to show how individual taste in fragrances can vary.

By the way Ayala Moriel makes an outstanding spice fragrance blend that doesn't get talked about nearly enough - Epice Sauvage.

It`s been a while since i smell Caravelle Epicee for the first time, and i must admit.. -I`m actual starting to like it.. I think I`ve been inverted! It`s insane, but my opinion on this one has slowly change after several wearings! So much that i have order a 100ml bottle! I had decided to buy either Straight to heaven or Caravelle Epicee. I pick Caravelle because i think is more complex and original than STH.. I hope the longevity is good on this one!