Code of Conduct

Default Musc Kublai Khan now at Barneys

I got the Barneys catalog in the mail a few days ago and Musc Kublai Khan is in it. It finally showed up on their website today. I just ordered it for $140. They have free shipping with orders of $150 or more. I added something else for $15 otherwise they charge $10 shipping.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 23rd October 2009 at 03:25 AM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Musc Kublai Khan now at Barneys

Last edited by moltening; 22nd October 2009 at 06:59 PM.

I tried it at the new Scottsdale, Arizona Barneys yesterday and it is exactly the same juice as the bell jar.

Morning Star

Looks like I'll be hitting Barneys in Beverly Hills this weekend ... and I just got through buying a 50ml bottle of Kiehl's ...

Great news! I knew they'd put this one in the $140 category, though. Oh, well. I'll get a bottle anyway.

BINGO

Musc Kublai Khan will only be at a few Barneys locations and its for a limited time. Get your stash now.

The one here in Scottsdale didn't expect to get any MKK and said they won't be expecting more.

I really liked it. It was my favorite SL aside from Fleurs de Oranger.

Does it come in the bell jar?

I have had a sample of this forever and have yet to try it
    I guess now is the time to do so
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent View Post
    Does it come in the bell jar?
    No, re-packaged in the export bottle. I'm sure you can still get the bell jar at the Paris boutique.

i spilled ajmal musk ghazzell all over myself yesterday....after reading this thread i said to myself i better try my sample of MKK i havent tried it yet....let me tell ya this stuff is candy compared to the barnyard i smell like!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Great! now I can try it finally...

I did a side by side with MKK and Musc Ravageur last night, and I must say, MKK is a clear winner. I'm not sure I would wear it very often, especially with summer coming up, but its beautiful, powdery warmth... oh, can't resist! I might get a bell jar when autumn comes around next year.

I already own MR and just pulled out my sample of MKK that I have had for a real long time, and I am unsure if it is FBW

My inital impressions is baby diapers, does anyone else get that?

Out of curiosity when would people wear MKK? would you wear this in daytime? or only when you think you might be intimate with someone like on a date
    Last edited by denec; 23rd October 2009 at 03:52 AM.

Oh dear Lord, my heart is stopping. Good thing tomorrow is pay day! Woohoo! I can't wait to take this one on a test drive with all my friends and family. I too wonder when I'll wear this, but I don't care- it's genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I got the Barneys catalog in the mail a few days ago and Musc Kublai Khan is in it. It finally showed up on their website today. I just ordered it for $140. They have free shipping with orders of $150 or more. I added something else for $15 otherwise they charge $10 shipping.
    I don't see it on their website. Hmm.

It is on the Barney's website. You need to look under "Boutique Fragrances," the hit "view all" --- it is the very last entry when you scroll all the way to the bottom.

http://www.barneys.com/Boutique%20Fr...start=0&sz=169

Curiously, Barney's lists the bottle as 100ml, but it looks like the standard 5oml export bottle --- probably just a website typo.

exact link:
    http://www.barneys.com/Muscs%20Koubl...efault,pd.html

I wonder when its available in other sites. I REALLY wanna try this too bad the place down under dont have it yet.
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 23rd October 2009 at 11:26 AM.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

It has arrived in at least one German online store I know. 90 €, which is, I suppose, 135 $.

Which German store is it , DesGrieux ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Which German store is it , DesGrieux ?
    http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/kosmet...oducts_id=5858

Quote Originally Posted by jradosev View Post
    It is on the Barney's website. You need to look under "Boutique Fragrances," the hit "view all" --- it is the very last entry when you scroll all the way to the bottom.

http://www.barneys.com/Boutique%20Fr...start=0&sz=169

Curiously, Barney's lists the bottle as 100ml, but it looks like the standard 5oml export bottle --- probably just a website typo.
    Thanks. I just didn't see it because it's not with all of the other SL.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    I already own MR and just pulled out my sample of MKK that I have had for a real long time, and I am unsure if it is FBW

My inital impressions is baby diapers, does anyone else get that?

Out of curiosity when would people wear MKK? would you wear this in daytime? or only when you think you might be intimate with someone like on a date
    I find that I like to wear it in cooler weather
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I called in an order for Borneo 1834 at theperfumeshoppe.com earlier in the week, and the man who I spoke with told me they'd be getting a shipment of MKK in today. They also have free shipping until mid-November. Though the Canadian dollar isn't so down against the USD as it was 6 months ago, it's still a better deal...
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Quote Originally Posted by curtis.w View Post
    I called in an order for Borneo 1834 at theperfumeshoppe.com earlier in the t, and the man who I spoke with told me they'd be getting a shipment of MKK in today. They also have free shipping until mid-November. Though the Canadian dollar isn't so down against the USD as it was 6 months ago, it's still a better deal...
    I don't see anything on their website about them having free shipping until mid-November. Is there a code or something required for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I don't see anything on their website about them having free shipping until mid-November. Is there a code or something required for that?
    I read about it on a coupon board somewhere (I think it was here?) and then just mentioned it on the phone with them, and they said yes, the shipping was free. I'm not sure if a code is necessary for online orders, but if so, they'd probably give it to you if you called in.
    Last edited by curtis.w; 24th October 2009 at 10:13 PM.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by jradosev View Post
    It is a typo. I bought a bottle at Barneys in Beverly Hills yesterday afternoon. It's in the standard 50ml export bottle, for $140.

I woke up this morning to find my package from Barney's (MKK) sitting on my doorstep!

What better way to start the weekend?