Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S O T D Friday 23 October 2009

Happy birthday to SMM and a big overly-fragrant hug to Sunny...

Something to make you both feel better:

POODLE CUPCAKES!!!!

Anyway, today's SOTD was my first sampling of The Different Company Bois d'Iris (with thanks to awayalonealong!)

...followed by an evening in Montale Red Vetyver (with thanks to Arlee for the sample!)

Last edited by rogalal; 24th October 2009 at 03:36 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Happy Birthday to the hottest and hippest man in the whole Northeast, maybe in the country. May you be celebrating another 50 more fabulous milestones at least, if science keeps progressing, hopefully another 100 milestone years

Chaya, so looking forward to seeing you, you must be delighted that J is visiting, yay!

Sunnyfunny, I am so sorry for your loss, it is such a sad and sudden way to pass. I hope you will all have many brighter days, filled with the wonderful memories you have.

VM, i do hope you are feeling better soon.

Started the day wearing Via Lanvin, which has such a great retro feel, just love it. Now tonight i am wearing Farouche de Nina Ricci extrait, which also is such a 70's fantastic scent.

Love and hugs to all, and comforting vibes also
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I am so sorry Sunny.

SMM, I hope you had a fragrantspecial day!

I wore Chanel No. 5 EDT today
    Evenstar

SunnyFunny, I'm so sorry.

Well,SMM, I've managed to miss your birthday. I hope it was wonderful, and I wish you a happy weekend of continuous celebration! I brought you a truffle for your pillow (or perhaps you'd prefer to enjoy it with your Saturday morning coffee!).

My SotD was Ormonde Woman -- the last of my little sample. I still like it a lot, but I'm re-thinking my need for a bottle.

YSL L'Homme
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    Caron Pour Une Femme
    One of my favorites, Jacona! Hope you enjoy it.

I'm late to the party as usual, but only because I'm up baking SMM a birthday cake!

HAPPY, HAPPY 50th to my wonderful ScentSon SMM!!!

Also, my "real" DS #2 had his middle school's performances of "Our Town" the past two days. It was a GREAT production, even ignoring the fact that I was mom of one of the lead actors. I'd never read "Our Town" as a younger person, and deliberately resisted anything other than going over my son's scenes with him (Editor Webb... Lord, what a sad man he must've ended up!) once the show was cast. The show was incredibly well done. I completely forgot that these kids were, well, kids. In tears by the end of Act III both nights (though in my defense, most of the other moms in the audience were losing their mascara right along with me...)

SoTD, right: Taste-testing a few from Sloan today, including Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue... . Nice! I'm not checking the notes yet, but I'm getting a weird combo of light spicy incense and granite/cement... and I LIKE it. Oh, dear.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 24th October 2009 at 08:43 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Big hugs to you, Sunnyfunny.

Tonight, I'm wearing Parfumerie Generale's Coze. It's sweet & tame, which is not quite what I was expecting from the reviews, but it's nice.

Happy birthday, SMM!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Something about Sophia by Benefit