Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Perfumes: the A-Z guide

I don't think that this has been mentioned yet, but the new edition of the guide (paperback) will be available as of next week (October 27th). As written on their website this will have all of the reviews from the three updates and expanded essays.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfumes-Z-Gui.../dp/0143115014

Default Re: Perfumes: the A-Z guide

Thanks for the tip!

Blog Entries

Definitely! I like that it will be updated, and the paperback will be very convenient for toting around. My hardcover is a bit unwieldy, sometimes, and my Kindle version is unpredictable due to "power outages".

It hit the shops here a couple of weeks ago - it's great, does what it says and the paperback format is a better size to carry if you want to. But part of me is gonna miss trawling thru my little folders of A4 printouts from the pdfs and trying to remember which one was in which . . .

I was hoping they'd update it one last time for the compiled version.

Yeh, would have been nice to see a few more just for the road.

Trainspotter #1. Inhale. Changed the house credit to Be Never to Busy etc. but the review reads exactly the same word for word 'Having run out of empires . . . .' You would think editorial would pick up on this - LT & TS explained the error (BNTB samples came in same box as the Empires line etc.) in the quarterly but left the review as it was in the book. Petty peeve and no-one got killed but still. Regardless, thank goodness they wrote this thing - The Guide opened my eyes to this whole world - proud owner of the first copy to land here.

Hmmm, have to think about whether to shell out for this. Tempting. Thanks for the tip.

Considering I don't own a copy yet, I'm not ashamed to admit that this made me squeal like a little girl.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

I hope the reviews for frags like Obsession for men and Polo Double Black will be expanded so that some discussion on the actual smell is included. Does anyone know?

Especially if it contains references to hard to find, limited edition and/or discontinued frags, it might be an interesting read to me.

Oooooooo!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I already have it!! yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I hope the reviews for frags like Obsession for men and Polo Double Black will be expanded so that some discussion on the actual smell is included. Does anyone know?
    No, they haven't been changed, and for more than one reason I never expected that to happen. I am glad Luca and Tania used the time available to add another 448 fragrances to The Guide instead! Amongst them are brands they hadn't covered before, like Histoires de Parfums (12 perfumes), or Parfumerie Generale (24 P) and outstanding perfumes from solid brands like Guerlain, Amouage, etc. If I wanted to, I could easily expose my own nose to Double Black (**sweet fougère) or Obsession (***cheap oriental) any day without much of a problem. Therefore I rather concentrate on reviews of classics missed before, like Knize Ten, and new ones, like Homage and Ubar by Amouage, or the Breath of God by Be never too Busy... - all fivers by the way.

Last year I had been the only person pre-ordering the first edition, and the shop missed the delivery date by more than a month. So I didn't order in advance this time, and the same shop had a whole pile waiting for readers two weeks in advance! They say that this new A-Z Guide has been selling extremely well so far. I personally regret not to have a choice between hardcover or paperback but I can see why two versions are perhaps not possible. Unfortunately, there is not much space for annotations in this one, and I do not expect the paper to be ink-friendly either. I read paperbacks while commuting. They usually begin falling apart as soon as you open them wide enough to be held in one hand. And that's not good enough for a reference book, also not for the $30 it costs over here. The expanded reviews are as brilliant as before. The perfect Christmas gift for the right person - if you find a good excuse for the budget packaging or present it with the right bottle on top!
    Last edited by narcus; 27th October 2009 at 09:21 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Yes, but how hard could it be to add something like: "sickly blend of vanilla, coffee, mango, and pepper" to his PDB review (if that's what he thought about it - none of us knows what he thinks of the actual smell to this day!).

Yes, but how hard could it be to add something like: "sickly blend of vanilla, coffee, mango, and pepper" to his PDB review (if that's what he thought about it - none of us knows what he thinks of the actual smell to this day!).
    On the contrary, anyone who reads the review knows what Luca Turin thinks of the fragrance: He dislikes it.

However, what the review does not do is substitute for the experience of smelling the fragrance for oneself. Indeed, no combination of words could do that.

A restaurant critic does not tell us what steak tastes like, nor does he or she tell us how to grill it. He or she tells us whether, in his or her opinion, we should go to Delmonico's.

It's been on sale over in the UK for just over a week now. I got my copy from Borders in Leeds where they were selling it for £3 off the cover price of £12.99.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I recieved my copy today.
    There is additional material at the beginning as well as the new frag listings.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    It's been on sale over in the UK for just over a week now. I got my copy from Borders in Leeds where they were selling it for £3 off the cover price of £12.99.
    Probably because the 1st book, sold almost 3 times as much in the UK than it did in the States.

I don't necessarily like the artwork for the paperback version (it's so 'focus group' looking) but I'm excited to get this when it's released in the US Amazon tomorrow.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

"A restaurant critic does not tell us what steak tastes like, nor does he or she tell us how to grill it. He or she tells us whether, in his or her opinion, we should go to Delmonico's."

I can't speak to restaurant critics, but LT does tell us what most of the frags he reviews smell like, so I have no idea what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Probably because the 1st book, sold almost 3 times as much in the UK than it did in the States.

I don't necessarily like the artwork for the paperback version (it's so 'focus group' looking) but I'm excited to get this when it's released in the US Amazon tomorrow.
    Mike, I think that you would approve of the UK edition of the paperback. The artwork is much more subtle. Have a look at it on Amazon UK.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution

I can't wait for the new updated guide- like Redneck Perfumisto , I find the hardback version is very cumbersome .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

I got mine yesterday and like others I was anticipating a paperback version just for the ease of use. Those of you who are on the fence need not worry this is a worthy addition, the new reviews are great and they have made a few corrections as well (e.g. LT now states that Kingdom 'Mercifully...flopped' rather than being discontinued). The A-Z guide by brand is really useful, it makes it easier to find reviews of your favourite brands.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Mike, I think that you would approve of the UK edition of the paperback. The artwork is much more subtle. Have a look at it on Amazon UK.
    Ah, you're right. It is.

Gosh, we American's are so pitiful (if I may make a sweeping generalization) in our need to have books (or any media for that matter) dumbed down for us to be interested in them. If it is about fragrances and it doesn't resemble something that has been art directed to look like it belongs in Sephora or Target or WalMart, then it isn't going to sell. (sigh)

-- Jack Kerouac

I was debating getting the old copy but never did, however with all your comments and the fact that it has been updated this is something I'm for sure going to buy...and it seems like a great price too!

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I recieved my copy today.
    There is additional material at the beginning as well as the new frag listings.
    Yes, they more than doubled the contents in the chapter "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions". This is an important chapter even though some answers are more convincing than others. Example / TS / Guide A -Z/ p.53 :

Q: "Why aren't fragrances marked as feminine or masculine ?"

A:
    "... we sometimes mention the relative masculinity or femininity of a fragrance but that does not always coincide with expectations.
    Given the fact that fragrances have no genitalia we refuse to remark further. You can find lots of gender-differentiated lists of fragrances
    online if you are interested."
    - Mille Grazie, Tania, I would never have known !

Five star perfumes can hardly be be missed now: subject reviews are printed on colored background.

The original (Viking) Index of Star Ratings was complete with book page numbers. The new Index of Star Ratings in the A-Z Guide (expanded by Turin-Sanchez' quarterly publications of 2008/09) leaves it to the reader to find the review himself. A disservice on the part of Penguin!

In the age of Power Point, Publisher and Open Office most readers are used to nicer presentations than was done for the Index of Brands. Already in her first Guide Excel book of Summer 2008 Rien has demonstrated what a detailed index could include. At minimum, a separate line for each perfume would have been helpful here. It would also have allowed to add page references as one would would expect to seen in any book's index. Again, poor editing service by Penguin. However, without that new index I would not have found the review of '1881' **** at all. The authors sometimes use an uncommon naming procedure: '1881' (BN Directory) is 'Cerruti 1881' in the Guide. Consequently you do not find it on page 69, between '1876' **** and '1969' **** (both perfumes are made by Histoires de Parfums)f but on page 166 between Bond9's 'Central Park' and Annick Goutal's 'Ce Soir ou Jamais'...

Summing up my own experience with this guide during the past 18 months, I cannot help but notice that the feedback by fans and critics within BN and on other perfume fora have not resulted in a lot of conceptual changes but, thankfully, there were two important ones, and the Brand index is one of them.
    The shape of the new book and the presentation of contents could have been better for another dollar or two. Nevertheless, I am content to have all of those 1887 perfume reviews in one place now. Old and new reviews are often unique, sarcastic or witty, always honest, and all in all tremendously valuable! They are a challenge to a new generation of knowledgeable authors to start working from there.
    Last edited by narcus; 28th October 2009 at 06:02 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I hope the reviews for frags like Obsession for men and Polo Double Black will be expanded so that some discussion on the actual smell is included.
    I can't speak to restaurant critics, but LT does tell us what most of the frags he reviews smell like, so I have no idea what your point is.
    My point is that Luca Turin's reviews of Obsession for Men and Polo Double Black are sufficient as they are. They do not need to "be expanded so that some discussion on the actual smell is included," because a critic's job is not description. On the contrary, a critic is "a person who is professionally engaged in the analysis and interpretation of works of art." Dr. Turin analyzed and interpreted these two fragrances, and found them to be wanting in aesthetic value. The reviews convey that conclusion to us with sufficient obviousness.

We are certainly free to disagree with Dr. Turin's opinion. I personally find Obsession for Men to be a pleasant and unique fragrance, though not one I like enough to own.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=critic

Basenotes Institution

I just got the paperback.

Wow, it's HUGE. Very heavy. It'll take me a couple hours to sort through and find those 'new' additions. Fun!

-- Jack Kerouac

I'm going to go buy this at Chapters tonight! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    My point is that Luca Turin's reviews of Obsession for Men and Polo Double Black are sufficient as they are. They do not need to "be expanded so that some discussion on the actual smell is included," because a critic's job is not description. On the contrary, a critic is "a person who is professionally engaged in the analysis and interpretation of works of art." Dr. Turin analyzed and interpreted these two fragrances, and found them to be wanting in aesthetic value. The reviews convey that conclusion to us with sufficient obviousness.

We are certainly free to disagree with Dr. Turin's opinion. I personally find Obsession for Men to be a pleasant and unique fragrance, though not one I like enough to own.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=critic
    Your definition of "critic" is correct, if Luca Turin professes to be a perfume critic. I don't know if he's ever said that, and I have read pretty much all of his books that I can get my hands on.

However, if you're a "perfume reviewer", which I am under the impression that LT and TS are, then I expect better descriptions of the perfume that lead to their opinion. Eg in their last edition, TS said "Joop Jump" is "Sad Cool Water clone".

Which lead me to think that TS only smelled it on a smelling strip for 5 seconds and wrote that review before moving on to the next one; because they are nothing alike (I hate CW, love JJ - JJ is much more Woody Oriental, CW is Fougere). The point is, I expect more than those 4 words out of TS if she was a "perfume reviewer" reviewing perfumes; eg at least tell me why she thinks it's a CW clone and why it's inferior to CW to only give it 2 stars.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    Eg in their last edition, TS said "Joop Jump" is "Sad Cool Water clone". Which lead me to think that TS only smelled it on a smelling strip for 5 seconds and wrote that review before moving on to the next one; because they are nothing alike (I hate CW, love JJ - JJ is much more Woody Oriental, CW is Fougere). The point is, I expect more than those 4 words out of TS if she was a "perfume reviewer" reviewing perfumes; eg at least tell me why she thinks it's a CW clone and why it's inferior to CW to only give it 2 stars.
    Is the essence of the criticism here really that Tania Sanchez was not verbose enough in her comparison of Joop Jump and Cool Water? I think that the crux of the criticism is really that she believes they are similar, and others do not.

In that case, I would observe two things. First, her review was verbose enough as it is, since we clearly got the gist of her message. Second, had she written 20,000 words on the subject of Joop Jump smelling like Cool Water, people would still have disagreed with her. Which is entirely a good and proper thing to do. (Michael Edwards, by the way, agrees that Cool Water and Joop Jump belong in different categories.)

However, I think that it is disingenuous -- or at least misdirected -- to attack the length of her prose rather than its conclusion.

Excited to receive mine in the mail coincidentally, on my birthday.

What I like: the expanded best of lists; the house lists; the updated Dior reviews.
    What I wish they could have done better: more recent fragrance reviews. In a perfect world, I would prefer that they get rid of many of the celeb flanker reviews and make more room for lesser known perfumes and houses like Sonoma Scent Studio and Ava Luxe.

I am happy to get rid of all of the well-used downloads of the now-incorporated updates. Nice to trash the stanky old ones.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Is the essence of the criticism here really that Tania Sanchez was not verbose enough in her comparison of Joop Jump and Cool Water? I think that the crux of the criticism is really that she believes they are similar, and others do not.

In that case, I would observe two things. First, her review was verbose enough as it is, since we clearly got the gist of her message. Second, had she written 20,000 words on the subject of Joop Jump smelling like Cool Water, people would still have disagreed with her. Which is entirely a good and proper thing to do. (Michael Edwards, by the way, agrees that Cool Water and Joop Jump belong in different categories.)

However, I think that it is disingenuous -- or at least misdirected -- to attack the length of her prose rather than its conclusion.
    To start with, JJ is not even my fave perfume, OK. But anyway, back to the reviewer vs criticism debate:

I'm like a math teacher who says, "OK Tania, let's say that I take it for granted that your conclusion about JJ is correct. Shoe me your work. Doesn't have to be 20,000 words, but surely you cannot expect me to accept 4 words as a proper review."

I insist that LT or TS either write a proper review for a perfume, or if not, just don't review it at all. I think almost everyone here would agree with me that 4 words is not a proper review. A 4-word review is a good sound-bite, but a review it is not.

This is what I expect from the review if I were of her opinion:

"JJ has similar top notes to CW, but with more intense apple top, less of the screechy laundry-clean (dihydromyrcenol) and an overdose of coumarin at the bottom. Nothing new or ground-breaking in a sea of fresh woody-oriental men's fragrances. Yet another sad Cool Water clone."
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

I like the new guide. The Parfumerie Generale reviews were great to read.

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    .......I insist.........

Hell of a book btw.

It is quite a dense compendium, even in paperback form. That said, it is good book for dipping in and out of,even when time is short. I decided some months ago to undertake the arduous task of scanning my copy onto my iphone and use it as reference guide. It's proved invaluable in distracting me when I am commuting to work. The paperback version will make it slightly more portable reference for most people.

I just got my book yesterday in the mail. I had previously taken out the older hardcover (2008) at the library. I also have viewed parts of Turin's first guide ( from 1992 ?) and really wished it was available to either buy in book form or was translated into english ( and put up online). Although that has nothing to do with my new "A-Z" guide book.

My reasons for buying this book, is well, I have an interest in fragrances and any book on the matter will take my interest. And besides, there is essentially nothing out there like this guide at the moment. It is a decent reference guide and provides as a pretty good "light" read ( or "coffee table book, if you will).

For some reason, I was not that excited after going through the book this time. Not sure why, although I have been cranky as of late (so it could be that ). But I just read the book overall as something that is not what I wanted it to be. Thats my problem, not Turin or Sanchez's. I'm thinking about making my own hard copy of Basenotes reviews and other info, as lame as that may sound. Ugh !! Too bad Vibert is no longer here ( or his reviews) Not sure how much that would cost me to produce, but it would certainly be handy in my hands.

But a book like Turin's Guide is nice. Its more, as someone pointed out, what Tania and him like and don't ( more or less). I am not offended by having my favorites slagged, as was in the case with Ambre Fetiche or Burberry London Men. Both were given 2 stars when I give them both 5 stars in my book. But I am not bothered by that whatsoever.

I hope that someone can put out a book on fragrances that is a bit more comprehensive and detailed. Not in the role of a critic neccessarliy, as is here with Turin and Sanchez.

I don't mind the 1 or 2 stars on a frag I like, if there is an explanation. For example, if it's got nice top notes but has a generic woody/amber drydown, then go ahead and give it 2 stars out of 5. However, if you don't give a basic explanation, you "lose" most of your readers. From what I read in the "Guide" book, LT is great at concise explanations that are of practical value, so I just wish he always had done this. That said, there's nothing wrong with making the reader work for some specialist knowledge, but don't leave him or her completely in the dark !
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd December 2009 at 08:23 PM.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an annoying question of mine? I just picked up the new edition (from a british press) and wanted to know whether there are any brand new reviews in it that are not listed in the big excel file that used to be on the book's website (one of the most handy things ever). If there are, is there a list going anywhere? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nwatts88 View Post
    i was wondering if anyone could help me out with an annoying question of mine? I just picked up the new edition (from a british press) and wanted to know whether there are any brand new reviews in it that are not listed in the big excel file that used to be on the book's website (one of the most handy things ever). If there are, is there a list going anywhere? Thanks!
    none !

Also pls. refer to New reviews by Luca Turin - free .pdf download at Perfumes The Guide site (mikeperez23). Actuallly, a rather generous blogger by the name of 'Rien', over at POL, created this masterpiece. She used to publish updates of it regularly until she and Turin-Sanchez obviously agreed that this Excel Book be made permanently available at the website of PTG. Persons who do not own the original or new edition of PTG can still derive a lot of benefits from this digital masterpiece. There are probably more copies of Rien's Excel book on home and business computers than books sold world wide, and Rien could have made some nice money on it had she intended to do that. But neither she nor The Guide's aurhors sold this beautiful extra. This is one more reason to assume that The Guide was not written for commercial reasons.
    Last edited by narcus; 20th December 2009 at 04:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Perfumes: the A-Z guide

OK, a great reference guide to haul along when checking Marshal's for bargains.

Blog Entries

The need to check on possible bargains may force me to buy a smart phone. I want the Excel spreadsheet for the Guide and the BN Fragrance Directory.

Quote Originally Posted by ECaruthers View Post
    The need to check on possible bargains may force me to buy a smart phone. I want the Excel spreadsheet for the Guide and the BN Fragrance Directory.
    I just got my Motorola Droid today, and I'm pumped to take it on a Marshall's expedition. I can hit up reviews and scan the barcode to comparison shop.
    I refuse to sink.

My favorite fragrances Burberry London, Himalaya, Original Vetiver were all slated by Luca and his Mrs...lol

He liked Chergui over Tobacco Vanilla and Guerlains SDV got a so so review, Kouros and Secretions Magnifiques got five stars as fragrance masterpieces. I'm no master fragrance critic but I know what I like and what I do not.

Its a interesting and entertaining read and I do like his witty sense of humour but I would put more faith in the base notes reviews than the ones in his book.

I now kinda wish I saved my money, rather than buying this book . The first 60 - odd pages are a nice read however. Some fragrances have some good depth/info in the reviews, such as Cartier Roadster. Still, it does not cut it for me. Rather, frustrates me. Something a casual coffee table book should not do.

Some frustrations can be the door to new insights.
    One more reason why I wouldn't call it a casual coffee table book..
    Cheers
    Last edited by narcus; 24th December 2009 at 06:01 AM.

Bahh there is no single picture in the entire book. No pictures in a fragrances book!!!!, what a pity!!!!
    I'm deceived

Only one sentence to describe Terre d'Hermes? Lacoste Essential "superfluous" and only 1 out of 5? Antaeus a gay scent? an apple note in Dior Homme Intense? What is this man talking about? Can this help someone to buy/try a fragrance??
    What a waste of money .I thought it would be a neutral reviews book, not a personal opinions one.
    It gets my nerves, Luca Turin is annoying , he seems to be drunk when writing or he has no great idea.

"I thought it would be a neutral reviews book, not a personal opinions one."

I guess you haven't read any of my BN posts on this subject over the last few years! LOL.

"I thought it would be a neutral reviews book, not a personal opinions one."

I guess you haven't read any of my BN posts on this subject over the last few years! LOL.
    Sorry, I haven't

The gist of my take on the book is that the criteria for assessing frags is not articulated, not that this is unusual for critics of all stripes. Some frags were never discussed in terms of what they actually smelled like, which struck me as beyond bizarre. If I were to write such a book, I would explain my criteria, my sampling method, and my biases in an introductory section. I would also try to create a map showing how the major frags (that a lot of people know) relate to each other.

I also suggested the book be titled something like "Perfumes: A Whimsical Guide."

Blog Entries

So if I want the hardback, I can't find any of those with a pub date later than April 2008.
    Whereas the Penguin pb is Oct. 2009. Are they the same or will I be sacrificing some material by getting the hb and not the pb?

The paperback has many more reviews. In addition, some of the reviews are changed between the two version, mostly in response to reformulations. For certain perfumes (eg Chanel No. 5, Diorissimo) you'd have the original review and then a (much more negative) 2009 update - I suspect that, if he were still working on it, he'd downgrade a few more things upon re-smelling.

So if you're buying, you should buy the paperback.

cacio

Blog Entries

Thank you Cacio! Much obliged.

Sorry to bump this thread up but I've just ordered this in ebook format and the publication date was 06 August 2010 and the cover is as below. Is this the latest version of this book?

Where did you buy the e-book from?

I got mine from Google books and it didn't include a single update - the publishing industry hates e-books and their customers.

I bought my guide at amazon 20 days ago, expect to receive in the next days.

Sounds a very good reading.
    Include picture of the bottles?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread up but I've just ordered this in ebook format and the publication date was 06 August 2010 and the cover is as below. Is this the latest version of this book?
    Did you buy the e-book from Amazon?

I downloaded the Kindle version for my iPhone/iPad and I love it, it's great to refer to on the move. I just wish they would do another update!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Yes, this is the last version. The cover is from the european version .In the U.S.A. it has a different cover .
    And this does not contain pictures (a pity).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I bought my guide at amazon 20 days ago, expect to receive in the next days.

Sounds a very good reading.
    Include picture of the bottles?
    Nope, no pictures. All words. But this latest version has lots of good features over the old hardback.
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    I just wish they would do another update!
    According to TS's blog, they are going to publish a short book with a reformulation update of most of their 5 stars (only the 5 stars, about 100 perfumes), likely in the fall.

TS let it slip that they are going to downgrade Opium (as people in this forum have already found out), and, if I interpret correctly, Joy (though I may be wrong on that). I'm curious about No 5. We shall see.

cacio