Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed flacons

Question Creed flacons

I just have a quick questions about the 8.4oz flacons available for Creed fragrances. First, I already obviously know to buy from a reputable seller since they're easy to refill with junk. But for mainstays, it's the most economical way to keep Creed in your wardrobe.

My questions is more about the bottle itself. The stopper is rimmed by a sort of frosted glass. How good will this be for preventing evaporation over time? Seems that it can't possibly be air tight. And there's no point having years supply of GIT if it's just going to dry up.

Or am I totally underestimating the seal that frosted glass can give?
    Current Wardrobe (in no particular odor, HAHA!):

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Creed Himalaya, Creed Tabarome, Aramis Havana, Bond No.9 Central Park, Trussardi Inside, Fahrenheit Absolute, Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme, Guerlain L'Instant Homme, David Beckham Signature, Cartier Declaration Essence, Azzaro Visit, Azzaro Silver-Black, Azzaro Pure Vetiver, Dunhill X-Centric, Perry Ellis Reserve, Armani Attitude, Armani Mania, Bvlgari Aqva, Jacomo Paradox Green, Canali Summer Night, Kouros Cologne Sport, Realm Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, St. Patrick, Cuba (Red, Green, Gold, Black, Grey, Brown, Maya), Opium Pour Homme EDP, Banana Republic Cordovan, Amouage Epic Man, J. Peterman 1902, Bogart City Tower.

Default Re: Creed flacons

My GIT flacon from 1997 is fine. No evaporation, no turning that I can percieve . . .

My Angelique Encens from 1999 is still perfect. I keep it in the box, so that helps protect it from light also.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I agree, they seal well.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Absolutely no problems from my Bois du Portugal and my wife's Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie. Just be careful with the initial opening. Those stoppers are tight!

My experience is that the seal works very well in terms of storing the fragrance, but a very small amount of leakage can occur during shipping.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I find it amazing that frosted glass can seal so well. But if no one has had a problem, then I don't see why I should. I have purchases of both GIT and Himalaya in flacons, and have not experienced leakage during shipping, which is a good thing. And I always thought they sealed well, from what I could tell.

I was only concerned about long-term evaporation. But it seems like some of you are keeping the stuff for as long as a decade without any adverse effects. This is good news. My investment is safe!
    Last edited by Galleddrim; 26th October 2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Current Wardrobe (in no particular odor, HAHA!):

Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Creed Himalaya, Creed Tabarome, Aramis Havana, Bond No.9 Central Park, Trussardi Inside, Fahrenheit Absolute, Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme, Guerlain L'Instant Homme, David Beckham Signature, Cartier Declaration Essence, Azzaro Visit, Azzaro Silver-Black, Azzaro Pure Vetiver, Dunhill X-Centric, Perry Ellis Reserve, Armani Attitude, Armani Mania, Bvlgari Aqva, Jacomo Paradox Green, Canali Summer Night, Kouros Cologne Sport, Realm Men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, St. Patrick, Cuba (Red, Green, Gold, Black, Grey, Brown, Maya), Opium Pour Homme EDP, Banana Republic Cordovan, Amouage Epic Man, J. Peterman 1902, Bogart City Tower.

Cut class, if done well, is 100% tight. The Creed bottles are not perfect, but certainly seal well enough to prevent evaporation. I had trouble opening my Bois de Santal. I do wish they'd use a higher quality band to tie the leather cap on, they always go to bits and leave ugly marks, too.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

As long as the stopper is firmly in place than you do not have to worry about it leaking. However if it is being shipped to you, there may be a possibility of the stopper loosening and some juice spilling. It happened to me once, I still have nightmares about it!