Code of Conduct

Default Floating Particles in Burberry Touch

Hello all I have a bottle of Burberry Touch that is probably about 3 years old. I haven't worn it in quite some time and went to put it on the other day and noticed there were some sort of particles floating throughout the solution, anyone know what could have caused this?. Should I chalk this one up as a loss or will it still wear, I suppose I'll test it out on a night I'm staying in. It was stored in the box in a drawer in my bedroom. The temperature never varies much passed 68-72 in the house.
    Last edited by nick6489; 24th October 2009 at 01:27 AM.

Default Re: Floating Particles in Burberry Touch

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. It smelled fine, but looked gross, so I tossed it.

Same here. It happened twice. I usually don't reach for it because I feel like it's turned. It's probably okay.

The same has happened to my bottle!

Are you sure it wasn't in there the whole time? I've heard that it isn't uncommon to have little floaty bits in fragrances, but if it somehow developed in there after 3 years, then I suppose that's a little weird. If it doesn't smell off, I wouldn't worry about it.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

It's fairly normal guys. There are a few threads in the past discussing this. Some of my bottles have minute particles in them. My bottle of Envy has quite a few floating around but there's this one really long hair like particle in it but the rest are really short. There's no reason to toss the bottle or exchange it. At least you can be happy that there's still some natural ingredients used in making frags and not all synthetics.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I have had a bottle of Must de Cartier Pour Homme which had a floating bit of something in it, and I bought a new bottle of it when it ran out, brand new. Guess what? That one also had a floating bit of dust or something in it. And it smells fine...
    Last edited by somnambulist07; 24th October 2009 at 05:56 PM.

Yeah I posted on this once...I bought my bottle about 1.5 years ago, and I think the flecks only started developing in the last few months. Still smells normal though. I think it's only gonna be a problem if/when there are enough large ones to clog the mechanism.

From my limited understanding of organic chemistry, maybe a certain molecule has bonded together with itself or with other molecules into chains, precipitating out to form visible threads or particles.

Johny4: I doubt this is indicative of the use of naturals. Synthetics are every bit as pre-disposed to react in unexpected ways. Although, having said that, 'naturals' contain many other 'undocumented' molecules that don't necessarily contribute to the smell that could have caused this reaction. Let's hope it's their fault!

For what it's worth, I just checked my Touch, a 100ml sample bottle bought 'for a song' from a store that was closing down. It was practically unused but had been sitting on the counter under lights for no one knows how long. No signs of any particles. Yet.
    Last edited by Trufflehunter; 25th October 2009 at 01:56 AM.