Pierre Bourdon's FRENCH LOVER

EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FREDERIC MALLE

TOP NOTES
    Spices, galbanum

MIDDLE NOTES
    Incense, cedar, angelica

BASE NOTES
    Oakmoss, vetiver, white musk
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Default Re: S O T D Saturday 24 October 2009

I am participating in the SPCA Pet Walk this morning, so my SOTD is just a few squirts of Mugler Cologne to keep me fresh on this mid-80 degree day. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Notes include Bergamot, Neroli, Petitgrain, Orange flower, "S" and White Musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

Blenheim Bouquet - Penhaligon's
    Wishlist is pointless.

Wolfie gave it a nod, so I blind-bought....

....um, curious. On me it opens with a blast of alcohol - unusual for an EDP. First impression is of cinnamon with a light musky undertone. A whiff of ...jasmine? A light green that could be taken for - maybe - Red Delicious. Or is that vanilla? Or both.

Glad I didn't spend a lot of money...but won't mind spending the day in it!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Pomegranite Noir Cologne by Jo Malone.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil Homme today.

-------------
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Ambre Narguile for me today. Heavy rain is predicted for today, and I must spend it outdoors. At least Ambre Narguile should keep me warm.

I'm testing PG Musc Maori this morning.

I like it, but I will finish my bottle of Matin Calin before buying this one, which probably means that I'll never buy it.
    Last edited by Caron33; 24th October 2009 at 01:18 PM.

Sabi by Henry Dunay

Sample from enabler extraordinaire Quarry who is now responsible for a fat lemming
    Lovely fragrance......

Have a good start of the weekend

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

It's rainy here, too. I'm hanging around the house this morning in a bit of Estee Lauder's Sensuous. It's very pleasant, but I'll soon become bored with it - only because my taste is for airier fragrances lately. I like the sweetness in this one, though. I'll move on to something else after I've dragged my lazy self into the shower.

Sunnyfunny, I'm very sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you and your family.

Last edited by lilybelle; 24th October 2009 at 01:23 PM.

A rainy day here, too.

Coconut milk lotion & Vanilla Vanilla - The Body Shop,
    for going to the super-market.

I smell like an ice-cream!

Have a lovely Saturday!

Crazed with indecision today, thus so far I'm scentless (and possibly senseless LOL).

Time for the blind grab into the sample box...

And it looks like it will be C&S Dark Rose this morning.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Testing Hermès Hiris, courtesy of Veuve Amiot... I like it, but it is too delicate for winter...

Going to bed finally after a loooooooong shift. 10 Corso Como feels particularly cozy now :-)

Have a great day everyone!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Bonjour darlings

I am finally here before noon, usually i am here after midnight (and extremely exhausted).

Today i am going to be wearing Nina (original) by Nina Ricci, it is quite different from the newer version, it is a woody floral, with a touch of chypre to it. It is a gray, eventually soggy, day here, so it will be perfect.

Hope everyone will enjoy their day and weekend.

Love and hugs sweeties
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

* * * Belated birthday greetings to Mr. Lilybelle.
    * * * Sincere condolences to Sunnyfunny on the loss of her uncle.

Rain. Lots and lots of rain.
    Phone burr-rings … The septic's backing up for our tenants. This shouldn't be happening.

I need a fragrant, emotional counterbalance (to postpone worry until DH assesses the rental situation). From the Dimples sample pack: Jicky parfum. Ahhhh. A memory: I'd worn the parfum concentration just one other time. It was during vacation. I was visiting Disneyworld where my daughter used to work. Epcot, the Guerlain boutique … I can see myself walking from the French pavilion toward the Moroccan one. I'm smiling, recognizing the fine similarities between the Jicky edt I own and the parfum, whose price, spoken by the Disney cast member with a French accent, would be greater than the cost of my round trip and accommodations.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    * * * Belated birthday greetings to Mr. Lilybelle.
    Thank you, Quarry! You are a super sleuth to have caught that one.

I hope the septic system situation will work out ok - keeping fingers crossed for you.

And you smell wonderful, btw.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours from a sample (thanks, arwen_elf!)

This is a lovely soft lavender with violet and sandalwood-- who knew these scents could go so well together? Should never have been discontinued.

A vintage mini of Je Reviens. It has clearly gone off
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3. Yummy gourmand which makes me needy for hot chocolate.

PdE Osmanthus Interdite again today--floral, tea, leather

Wallowing in the lush rosey vanilla that is Rochas Tocade.

warm and windy, beautiful day!

hermes osmanthe yunnan

Blog Entries

Oooooh, libertine, that's one of my absolute favorites!!!

Ever douse with something only to find out its developing badly AND its got tenacious longevity? I'm still wearing yesterday's Velvet Tuberose...

Today, I think, will be Lexington Avenue...
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

I'm spending the day smelling of roses in Amouage Epic.

Saturday! Finally! Woo-hoo! :bounce:

Got my Sephora order last night. Chose 2 of my 3 "free samples" to be frag's...one is KenzoAmour. Big thumbs down w/ my chemistry. I tried to wash it off, but that s*cker is absorbed into my skin and now stinking up the room.

How IS it that the ones that are total failures on one's skin are exactly the ones that are impossible to remove?

Enjoy the weekend!

Well, last night I used my very old and questionable Chanel No22 lotion in honor of Sunnyfunny. Applied it to wet skin and towelled off, which removed the rather sour smell that came from the spoiled lotion ingredients...the smell was still there, all floral and oddly mothball-ish, just as I remember it smelling when I bought it over 20 years ago. I recall loving the lotion formulation the best, it has just the drydown and no aldehyde punch. I always felt like such a pampered lady in it!

I awoke to the Grumpy-inducing news that I lost an ebay auction by 1 bid...it ended at 2am my time and I couldn't stay up to guard from snipers, and so my mint vintage bottle of Vol de Nuit (even in the propeller bottle!) went to some less-worthy buyer. Sigh.

Feminite de Bois today, just right on this cold and rainy day.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Dune parfum last night.
    This morning in Josef Statkus to study... incense scents seem to help with that.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Derby today. I LOVE this stuff ...

Off to watch football ... go Jayhawks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

(((sunnyfunny)))

hugs to you,

wearing Angelique Noire today.

Riannon, so glad to hear that you enjoy Sabi! It's a multi-faceted gem of a fragrance, IMO.

It's a gorgeous Saturday here. I've decided to further my Caron education by sampling two. On the left hand is Farnesiana. I'm disappointed, as I was quite sure I'd like this one. On me, the screaming PlayDoh accord provides a full back-to-kindergarten experience. On my right hand I have Montaigne. This one I am enjoying. I'm getting a mix of bitter orange, powdery florals, and vanilla. It's like a lovely grown-up dessert of some sort.

Edit: I like Farnesiana better after an hour, but it still doesn't send me. Montaigne is getting mellower and even lovelier. Any fans of this one out there?
    Last edited by Haunani; 24th October 2009 at 08:26 PM.

First of all, a BIG Thank You for all the sweet and supportive messages and pms. Your warmth, caring, and compassion towards someone you've never even seen is truly astounding. The clouds of 22 aren't so bad, either ((((S))))

Mo, bless your heart. I love that you've kept that lotion around for so long, and it was so sweet of you to put some on for me last night.

Ugh, this week is going to be so not fun. But at least I won't be raining extra unpleasantness upon my dear coworkers, they've got enough to deal with already.
    I've been trying to get out the door for a bit of retail therapy (if your DH buys a new PS3, you should be able to get a new purse and a new pair of boots, right?) but my behind is firmly attatched to this chair. At least I'm showered and dressed....

I'm wearing my go-to when I'm racked with indecision scent, 22 year old Mits.

(not my bottle)

Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

Quarry, best of luck with the backed up septic systems.... ew ew ew

And welcome back, Kasae
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 24th October 2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: punctuation

SotE is RL Romance Always Yours, which I'm sampling... Nothing special, I'm afraid, so I'm going to scrub this and use my comfy Allure...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

SotA following my walk is vintage C&S Rose, with thanks to scentemental for the sample. This is unbelievably better than the current version-- what were they thinking remaking it???!!!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Baldessarini tonight. A quiet but muscular fragrance composed of four notes: Bitter Orange, Green Mint, Douglas Fir and Tobacco.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

((((Sunnyfunny))))

I too am terribly indecisive today. Probably because I'm in the mood for a fall fragrance, but it's hot outside. I definitely live in the wrong part of the world for my weather preferences.

Tonight is a very belated fancy birthday dinner for DH with his in-laws (they were belated, not me ). I want to wear Amoureuse, but it's not always the best companion to food and wine. Hmmmm, maybe Une Rose (love those wine dregs!).

Have a good one, all.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Sunnyfunny, I'm sorry to hear of your uncle's passing.

Quarry, I seem to have missed some of the details of your septic system troubles, but I am going on record as saying I am so glad I am not on a septic system any longer, and that I hope your situation is rectified soon.

SOTD is 31 Rue Cambon. Take good care, all.

Today I've been in Narciso Rodriguez FH edt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    The septic's backing up for our tenants. This shouldn't be happening.

I need a fragrant, emotional counterbalance (to postpone worry until DH assesses the rental situation). From the Dimples sample pack: Jicky parfum.
    Where's VM I Hate Civet when we need her??? This calls for some sort of a witty observation concerning Jicky vs. the backed-up septic system, and I'm faaaaar too classy to make that sort of joke

Maybe...

Anyway, I'm testing Hermèssences today:

Morning:

Vanille Galante, a fruity floral at heart, but with vanilla cupcakes instead of fruit.

Afternoon:

Poivre Samarcande, Pepper, cumin, and chile powder over wood and leather, but really light and airy. Good, but not $240 good...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

BlackCat, let's switch locations for a while....it's already snowed here twice and today's weather could only be described as wicked: wet snow, lots of wind causing fallen, water-logged leaves to whip you in the face. At least I won't need blush!

Very indecisive tonight about what to wear to work. The atmosphere is highly charged as staff is divided on all these ?forced? H1N1 vaccinations......Plus Que Jamais is the only thing that'll help me get through these next 12 hours.

Hope you're all having a great evening
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    [B]...... On my right hand I have Montaigne. This one I am enjoying. I'm getting a mix of bitter orange, powdery florals, and vanilla. It's like a lovely grown-up dessert of some sort........ Montaigne is getting mellower and even lovelier. Any fans of this one out there?

OH yeah!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sorry Miss Tao it does not quite work for you!

Hugs to Sunnyfunny, dear.

We came from Canada, I was smelling good in Hors le Monde Shiloh. Then I was smelling good in YSL Baby Doll. And today I was smelling even better in Premier Figuier. What type of crazy people go to Canada on a vacation at the end of October they have been asking us. To see how other people live, to enjoy Pepe la Pieu voice of a disk jockey on the radio and see how coins are being made, to control Mr T in the zones with Max 100 (km/hr), to marvel the architecture and get lost a couple of times on the streets with one way traffic, to bump into million nationalities and eat pirogies and Ukranian Kielbasa, to pay twice as much money as here for a candy bar (Mr.Big and Mars -- not manufactured here in the US -- are my favorites!) if not for everything else, to live in a big city, finally! To appreciate the gist of the saying "There is no place like home" again.
    Last edited by Twolf; 25th October 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S O T D Saturday 24 October 2009

Chamade by Guerlain.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ...Tonight is a very belated fancy birthday dinner for DH with his in-laws (they were belated, not me ). I want to wear Amoureuse, but it's not always the best companion to food and wine. Hmmmm, maybe Une Rose (love those wine dregs!)...
    I vote for Une Rose, though that Amoureuse that you love so much is a fantastic special occasion choice. Good to see you, BlackCat!

Twolf, so glad to hear that you had a good and interesting time.

Taolady, you may have been the person who sent me the Montaigne sample. If so, thank you! It's a real goodie!

My SotE is Poivre by Caron. This one is very special to me.
    Last edited by Haunani; 25th October 2009 at 01:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Where's VM I Hate Civet when we need her??? This calls for some sort of a witty observation concerning Jicky vs. the backed-up septic system, and I'm faaaaar too classy to make that sort of joke

Maybe...
    *Laughing my butt off!!* Thanks Rogalal, I needed that. Ooohh... Poivre Samarcande's impressive stuff, but that price was a stopping point... for now...

Sunnyfunny, as I understand it by the rules of married people everywhere, shoes and boots are a perfectly reasonable trade off.

Oh, Twolfie, that sounds like the perfect getaway. You deserve a chance to unwind. Its one of those things people need as badly as food and water, but just don't seem to have the time for.

Doing a little unwinding myself, with the help of a very large glass of wine. Soon time for a sound scrubbing (after a long day at Dunkin Donuts you wouldn't believe the places I find sprinkles ) and for my SotE...

L' Artisan's Voleur de Roses

Goodnight darlings, and sleep well.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Dolce Vita (Dior)

Armani Code Pour Homme
    Gary

In Bangkok for a break...
    worn Insolence edt on the flight
    tried Idylle at the Duty Free, the opening smells like Diorissimo but sweeter... wears very close to my skin
    Smiley fragrance in the evening and went to a local jazz bar.

Miss Balmain for an evening at the theater.

Lovethescents, I'm up for switching if you are! Although a real winter would probably kill me, seeing as I've never really gone through one. (I lived in Boise for a bit, but the coldest it got was 25F, with no wind, so not really COLD cold.)

Haunani, thanks! I ended up deciding to use only a body lotion/oil so as to appreciate the food more. Unfortunately, I picked Alien oil, which (I had forgotten) is very strong, defeating the purpose. I should have gone for Une Rose or Amoureuse. Sigh.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb for a lovely dinner and drinks with friends to celebrate my BFs birthday.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    after a long day at Dunkin Donuts you wouldn't believe the places I find sprinkles

So I decided to go whole hog today and test my other Hermèssence samples, because I ended up scrubbing Vanille Galante (sorry cupcakes!) and Poivre Samarcande only lasted a couple of hours, so to finish out the day:

Evening:

Paprika Brasil

Night:

Brin de Réglisse

I know this is insane, but every time I go into the Hermes store, I see all those Hermèssence bottles lined up and they look so cool next to each other, and I just want all of them, just for the sake of displaying them. But the vanilla was too girly, the pepper interesting but not worth the money, the Paprika odd then really cool and then odd again, while Brin de Réglisse struck me as artful in an unwearable way. Now I just need to get my hands on some samples of the rose and the osmanthus ones...
    Last edited by rogalal; 25th October 2009 at 10:07 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I am laid low with a virus at the moment, but had I not been doped with Night Nurse at the time of your post, I would certainly have observed that to apply Jicky at a time when the sanitary infrastructure is clearly straining to do its job is a clear case of adding insult to injury!

"So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/