Code of Conduct

Default Bought Terre D'Hermes. Thoughts

Well. I visited the frag after about 3 years of owning a small tester vial. I remember liking it back then and getting compliments from it so I figured it would be a good addition to my autumn rotation.

I definitely enjoy this scent. There is a nice intellectual and artistic quality that I enjoy. I think a good way to describe it is a "smellscape" where you are transported to this arid autumn world of dry citrus and cracked earth.

I always wondered why there was art for all of the senses and not so much for the nose, but Terre D'hermes comes close to being smell art.

Lol sorry if this sounded like an advertisement ha ha.

I definitly am worried about using all of it since I like it so much. So I am trying to be frugal with it.

Default Re: Bought Terre D'Hermes. Thoughts

I think it's a fabulous buy but my opinion may be biased as I will be buying one for myself!

I love it too. Another evocative fragrance is L'air by Tauer, I love that one too.

I gave my Terre D' Hermes to my teenage daughter who wears it on colder days. I tried to like it, but in the end it reminds me of citronella candles used to keep insects at bay during outdoor events. I realize that I am alone in this association.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I definitly am worried about using all of it since I like it so much. So I am trying to be frugal with it.
    Frugality notwithstanding, why not buy another bottle? Since you like it so much, why not use it every day?

Sur la Plage

I like Terre d'Hermes EDT, but like the Parfum even more.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

is terre d'hermes also good for spring/summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    is terre d'hermes also good for spring/summer?
    Yep.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Blog Entries

There is a nice intellectual and artistic quality that I enjoy. I think a good way to describe it is a "smellscape" where you are transported to this arid autumn world of dry citrus and cracked earth.

I always wondered why there was art for all of the senses and not so much for the nose, but Terre D'hermes comes close to being smell art.

No problem! TdH was one of the first scents that really got me into fragrance appreciation. And I'm looking forward eagerly to the parfum version, too. I agree that it's artistic - which is very hard to do with a chemical mixture. Respect for the perfumer.

Well. I visited the frag after about 3 years of owning a small tester vial. I remember liking it back then and getting compliments from it so I figured it would be a good addition to my autumn rotation.

I definitely enjoy this scent. There is a nice intellectual and artistic quality that I enjoy. I think a good way to describe it is a "smellscape" where you are transported to this arid autumn world of dry citrus and cracked earth.

Advertisement ? Nah...you sound like someone that's just fallen deeply in love with TdH

I bought my bottle for full retail price. I was very reluctant to use it at 1st as it almost pains me to see the juice get lesser and lesser. But the magic of TdH was too much and I ended up wearing TdH quite often nowadays.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Funny thing. I wore it Today and Yesterday (:
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

I've been finding scents heavy in Iso-E-Super, such as this and Kenzoair, I've been really enjoying. It might be a cheap / simple molecule but, in the right mixture, it smells great!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I thought it was all hype until I tried it. It is unlike any I have ever smelled. Highly evocative scent from 'smellscape artist' Jean Claude Ellena. But go easy on the application.

I got a sample of it few weeks back and believe it or not but when i first tried on terre d'hermes i couldnt stand it, it made me wanna throw up no joke.

But now it made a 180 on me and i really enjoy it now, even the EdT is strong on this one if you ask me.

Real nice citrus notes, and although it came out in 2006, it definately reminds me of the 1950's 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I thought it was all hype until I tried it. It is unlike any I have ever smelled. Highly evocative scent from 'smellscape artist' Jean Claude Ellena. But go easy on the application.

Really? Is the sillage that pronounced?

Actually, there was this one time after lunch (i apply around 6am) that I got a compliment on TdH when I thought it was gone nowhere to be smelled.

*edit. I realized that I described longevity not sillage.
    Last edited by Pappy; 25th October 2009 at 11:50 PM.

I got a sample of it few weeks back and believe it or not but when i first tried on terre d'hermes i couldnt stand it, it made me wanna throw up no joke.

But now it made a 180 on me and i really enjoy it now, even the EdT is strong on this one if you ask me.

Real nice citrus notes, and although it came out in 2006, it definately reminds me of the 1950's 60s.
    I am right there with you. I ordered a sample and absolutely hated it. As I remember it, I thought the mineral/citrus opening smelled too thin and metallic and it really put me off. Then one day, I pulled it back out and was struck by its depth and beauty. I absolutely love the drydown.

I also agree that the edt has superior longevity.

I believe in 20 years we'll be calling this one a Classic

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like Terre d'Hermes EDT, but like the Parfum even more.
    Agree with this. It has everything that made the original great and it just made it smoother.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    I believe in 20 years we'll be calling this one a Classic
    I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Agree with this. It has everything that made the original great and it just made it smoother.
    I am SO looking forward to trying this!!!

do they still make it in EdP or extrait?

The EdP version just came out this August, so it's more a question of them just having started making it .

This is the scent that got me into seeking out new and interesting fragrances. My 5ml mini is now almost finished so I will have to pick up the 12ml sprayer from fragrancenet! The city I live in is too much of a backwater to stock anything as exotic as Hermes.

One thing some people have commented on is a 'tinglyness' in the nose when they smell it, might be the iso-e-super doing its thing.

I am the proud owner of 3 bottles of the EDT and this week will be getting the EDP

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No problem! TdH was one of the first scents that really got me into fragrance appreciation. And I'm looking forward eagerly to the parfum version, too. I agree that it's artistic - which is very hard to do with a chemical mixture. Respect for the perfumer.
    Absolutely. It was the turning point for me, Prior to Tdh I was pretty much an AdP Colonia and GIT guy for a decade, and just starting to pick up the other odd Creed on my travels (TM in Milan, OV in Toronto).

I bought TdH at Duty Free on a whim before a flight to Gold Coast in Oz and somehow it matched the feeling of being there - big sky, air almost painful to inhale it's so crisp and clean, hard flinty terracotta coloured earth. TdH blew me away - artistic and very visceral, evocative feeling to it.

I got home and started looking round for info and stumbled on basenotes and everything changed. The TdH Parfum is terrific, BTW. I'm happy having both for different times of day or moods.

its not an edp folks dont repeat that again and again tdh edp no.
    ITS A PURE PERFUME. PARFUM . THATS ALL. ...

hows the parfum in comparison to the EdT?

I love the edt would love to try the parfum
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Really? Is the sillage that pronounced?
    It's very, very strong on me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

hows the parfum in comparison to the EdT?
    here are 2 or 3 topics with interesting comments. I am also an edt lover (no i am not only a lover it´s till now my number 1 fragrance) and looking for the edp but couldn´t find an tester till now. All i can say now is that they are different enought and the edp is not only an intense version of the edt.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

I think I'm hyposmic to Iso E Super. TdH does not smell strong to me, and that Escentric one that's supposed to be pure Iso, smells very very pale to me, like almost nothing.

That means I must be way overapplying the TdH...and I don't care. Look out, here comes the unrepentant sillage monster!
    Last edited by andylama; 28th October 2009 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jradosev View Post
    I am right there with you. I ordered a sample and absolutely hated it. As I remember it, I thought the mineral/citrus opening smelled too thin and metallic and it really put me off. Then one day, I pulled it back out and was struck by its depth and beauty. I absolutely love the drydown.

I also agree that the edt has superior longevity.

heehee i've got exactlly the same story as you guys .

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I love it too. Another evocative fragrance is L'air by Tauer, I love that one too.
    same taste here
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

After reading all the positive reviews here on Basenotes, I went to Sephora today to try a sample of Terre D'hermes. Well, the sample turned into an immediate purchase. Every now and then you'll get an emotional charge from a fragrance and this did it for me. For some reason though, I am not picking up the orange accord which so many here have said is very dominant. All the more reason for me to love it.

Anyone picking up Eucalyptus on the dry-down? There's something bracing there that I just can't place...

I am wearing it as my SOTD.
    Longevity?
    I' ve got a 2 ml vial, I applied about a half spray and the best part came after 8 hours...