Code of Conduct

Default Help me find Guerlain’s Spiritueuse Double Vanille...

From what I have read on BN, this could be my dream fragrance as I am a fan of Vanilla fragrances. The only problem is that I cannot find this frag anywhere - is it something of a rarity or discontinued?

Any advice on how I can get my hands on it is most welcome.
    Last edited by Squire84; 25th October 2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Default Re: Help me find Guerlain’s Spiritueuse Double Vanille...

It's one of their exclusives and, as such, is only sold through Guerlain boutiques or other select locations (the Neiman Marcus in San Francisco has them). You can go to their website to find locations, or you could order a sample from the Perfumed Court.
    Last edited by curtis.w; 25th October 2009 at 09:07 PM.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Only way to get it in the UK is to order from Guerlain Paris direct, I think.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Ok, so it seems like it will be a very pricey venture. Perfurmed Court sounds interesting as a temporary alernative though...

I strongly suggest that you acquire a decant from The Perfumed Court before spending $205 USD for 75 MLs of SDV. Some properly regard SDV as the quintessential and most beautifully constructed vanilla dominated fragrance, others of course, disagree. However, some, myself included, feel that SDV wears just a tad too sweet. So please sample before leaping.

After providing it with a few wears, and if you then seek to acquire a full bottle, if there is not a Guerlain boutique in your area, I would suggest contacting Bergdorf Goodman in NYC. Ask for a very nice gentleman by the name of Jason Beers. I believe he is the Guerlain Counter Manager at Bergdorf. In addition, he maintains an e-mail list where he periodically notifies his customers of Bergdorf's Guerlain specials.

The Bergdorf NYC direct line is 1.800.218.4918.

TJ

Thank you very much for your helpful post TJ. I shall certainly try Perfumed Court first and speak with Mr. Beers should I decide to take the plunge.

Thanks agin.

S.

Always worth sampling first, unless you've got the money to spare.

Be aware, that UK customs can clobber you for import duties on items ordered from outside the EU. Although only a small number of parcels get pulled by the post office, I was stung recently and it added nearly 40% onto my bill when the post office charges were takent into account. If the parcel is shipped by courier these are often included automatically. On an item like SDV, the charges could be MASSIVE.

If you decide you want a full bottle after sampling, it's worth considering Guerlain in Paris as you will avoid any chance of extra charges.

I'm still building to a full bottle. The sample beat my already high expectations. Hope you like it as much as I do!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    I strongly suggest that you acquire a decant from The Perfumed Court before spending $205 USD for 75 MLs of SDV. Some properly regard SDV as the quintessential and most beautifully constructed vanilla dominated fragrance, others of course, disagree. However, some, myself included, feel that SDV wears just a tad too sweet. So please sample before leaping.

After providing it with a few wears, and if you then seek to acquire a full bottle, if there is not a Guerlain boutique in your area, I would suggest contacting Bergdorf Goodman in NYC. Ask for a very nice gentleman by the name of Jason Beers. I believe he is the Guerlain Counter Manager at Bergdorf. In addition, he maintains an e-mail list where he periodically notifies his customers of Bergdorf's Guerlain specials.

The Bergdorf NYC direct line is 1.800.218.4918.

TJ

I could not agree more. It was way too sweet for me...