Code of Conduct

Default Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

I am contemplating purchasing Creed Royal Scottish Lavender as my staple lavender and was wondering if this is a good choice or if there is better.

Default Re: Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

I happen to like it, although it is not a particularly "pure" lavender like Caldy Island is. I suppose it depends on what you really want from your lavender fragrance. For example, Jicky is rather heavy on the lavender, but you may not want the heavy animalics and guerlinade. Caron Pour un Homme has massive amounts of Lavender, but you may not want the heavy tonka in the base. So, it is not really a simple answer.

You should really try this one, if you haven't, because opinions on it are somewhat divided. I personally think it's a perfect gentlemen's lavender and far superior to what is now sold as Caron pour un homme - certainly in terms of the lavender quality, but I also prefer the composition. I fancy it with a classic English country suit - it does emphasize the herbal, masculine side of the lavender and has that "British" feel about it with the barbershoppy clove. I probably dont wear it as often as I should because I like Arôme 3 by d'Orsay even better. Easily the best perfume from that line, if you ask me. Haute Provence by de Nicoclai is a softer, but equally satisfying taked on lavender and even if it's hard to find, you should ast least sample Patou pour homme privé once in your perfumista lifetime. That's getting way beyond plain lavender, but that opening is the Platonic essence of the purple herb.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I agree with the_good_life not to blind buy it. I like RSL, but some feel the clove in it distracts from the lavender. Caldey Island is certainly an inexpensive option.

Funilly enough, I just posted about this yesterday in the creed social group, you can read my comments there .
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

It's a great choice.Go for it. Have it and love it.

Is Arome true to the original? I tried d'Orsay Le Dandy and it smelled like a 1990s designer scent.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Is Arome true to the original? I tried d'Orsay Le Dandy and it smelled like a 1990s designer scent.
    Le Dandy indeed has nothing to do with the vintage version (I like neither). While I am certain that Arôme has been reformulated, or perhaps even newly formulated (and I do not know what relation Arôme 3 Tradition bears to the original scent & haven't tried this one myself) it is by far the most traditional smelling of the current d'Orsays and a must-try.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I personally feel Caron PH is far too sweet and warm to properly maintain the lavender composition. It has the same syndrome many lavender frags have...holiday cookie syndrome that is. I've heard good things about RSL and Crabtree and Evelyn Lavender Water. Perhaps I'll contact Neiman Marcus and see if they'll send me a sample of RSL. Hell, I might even buy Yardley English Lavender.

Any other thoughts on Scottish Lavender?