Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Jubilation XXV and Epic Man.

I`m waiting for samples of these two, but which one do you think is the best? I`ve heard that Epic Man are a bit similar with both Bel Ami and Declaration? And Jubilation XXV is a bit on the feminine side?

Default Re: Amouage Jubilation XXV and Epic Man.

I would go for Jubilation XXV as it is a great scent and it is not feminine in any way. Epic just does not stand out enough to be worthy although it is not a bad scent by any means.

It's Jubilation XXV for me, a truly magnificent scent. I wasn't too taken with Epic.

I'm an Epic fan; a strong and bitter frankincense accord. Jubilation, is great, but it has more fruit than I can handle.

Never tried Epic, it sounds like the incense is too dry and dusty, which I know already I don't care for. But Jubilation XXV isn't feminine at all. It's beautiful, though, not surprisingly in the end, the incense is too dry for me. Incense is one of the very hardest notes for me, I'm convinced that I can grow to enjoy it, but thus far it's proven to be difficult. Either way, I think Jubilation XXV is a great scent, and Dia is still the best Amouage scent.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Both are good but I think I like Epic more! Maybe its just fascination with the new but it is a very intriguing incense fragrance. Jubilation XXV is another very good incense fragrance along with Black Tourmaline, Avignon, Incense Rose, Passage d' Enfer . . etc, etc. All are very nice - but Epic seems to have more depth and more vibratto somehow. I like it. Is it worth the $$?? Only if you have the extra cash would I spring for Epic over one of these other worthy incense fragrances. There is not much difference in quality between them all in my opinion.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I`m waiting for samples of these two, but which one do you think is the best? I`ve heard that Epic Man are a bit similar with both Bel Ami and Declaration? And Jubilation XXV is a bit on the feminine side?
    Epic might bear some resemblance to Bel Ami, but none whatsoever to Déclaration, and there's nothing particularly "feminine" about Jubilation XXV.

oki! But I`m a bit concerned about the fruit in xxv...

Epic = the bomb!!!

Cant go wrong with Jubilation XXV.

I was totally unimpressed by XXV, but your mileage may vary.

Now that I've spent more than a week with these, I still contend that kyoto and Hinoki are my faves. XXV has a nice incense dry down but not for $260 or whatever it goes for. I still prefer kyoto. Like ruggles, I don't like getting through the fruit to get to the dry down.

Epic is nice but not for $290. I found these two to have decent longevity but sillage was poor as it wore close to the skin. These are in no way the potency like silver or gold. Are they nice, yes. Are the worth the price take? For me, no. Even if they were $150, I still wouldn't pay it. I was excited at first but it didn't take long for the fling to flop. Samples are definately the way to go and ignore your impulse for a few days to make sure.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

You should sample both
    I am waiting for my jubilation decant as we speak
    lets hope it comes in today
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

They are both amazing and in the top of their respective categories, but both quite different. Epic is indeed epic with its blend of pepper, spices (pepper and bay are quite noticeable in the opening, then cardamom and mace), and animalic qualities (the castoreum adds a nice depth from the midnotes onward).

Jubilation is equally amazing but quite fruity until the late drydown where it finally becomes predominantly incense.

Oddly, frankincense reigns surpreme in Epic until the later stages where it takes on an almost brown sugar + woods quality (late into the drydown, 10+ hours after applying), whereas in Jubilation the progression is reversed.

Both last forever and a day although do wear fairly close to skin. Given the nature of the scents, I think wearing fairly close to skin is a good thing in this case - it creates a subtle and alluring aura around you instead of announcing your presence in clarion call fashion.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I've got to go with XXV on this one. I can't get past the leather/oud combination in Epic that turns to gasoline to me. I've found this with other oud/leather combinations, like Montale's Aoud Leather.

it creates a subtle and alluring aura around you instead of announcing your presence in clarion call fashion.
    Agree, it has a magical feeling and I prefer it with low projection so people near me will enjoy it even more. It starts fruity, becomes spicy, then it becomes pure incense, although it keeps a linearity and a *church* kinda vibe throughout its progress. Sometimes I find it very sweet, sometimes simply perfect, I guess it depends on the heat and mood.
    One word for it: magical.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Better late than never, XXV for me. Epic also turns nasty and smells like gasoline on my skin, so unfrotunately I can't stand it. I didn't like the previous release 'Lyric' either, it just doesn't last on me, so I hope I like their next fragrance then I can return to Amouage.

They are both amazing, each in its own way. But if I had to choose only one it would be XXV. By the way i don't find Jubilation even remotely feminine in any way. Now thinking about it perhaps the dried fruit aspect could register as femme to some.

Both
    Epic has great oud wood, Leather and Incense feel.
    XXV is a bit fruit overdose at the top. The everlasting flower comes in the dried down for me, and I end up smelling close to mapple syrup with Incense. Which smells very masculine.
    Im the be$t @ thi$

I dislike Epic, because I dislike Oud, and quite honestly, I think a worthy substitute would be M7, and it's obviously much cheaper. Regard XXV, it's one that I've never quite put my finger on whether or not I like it, dislike it, or hate it, though it's certainly not a love fragrance for me. I find that there is a very synthetic incense/wood note that almost has a plastic quality to me (at least on my skin).
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I personally didn't find either FBW, not at that price anyway.

I'm still on the fence with XXV. I like it a lot. Love it even. But I don't think I'd wear it much except in autumn and winter, and even then, it's not exactly casual. I kind of want a bottle of it, but I know it'd take me 10 years to use up even 50mls, especially given that it's a strong, one-spray kind of scent.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm still on the fence with XXV. I like it a lot. Love it even. But I don't think I'd wear it much except in autumn and winter, and even then, it's not exactly casual. I kind of want a bottle of it, but I know it'd take me 10 years to use up even 50mls, especially given that it's a strong, one-spray kind of scent.
    Yet again, I must agree with you. It's not even close to an everyday scent yet I find myself wanting a sniff of Jubilation XXV almost daily. It's the kind of scent that triggers strong emotions easily because of it's complexity and ultra high quality ingredients.

Wearing it for my own comfort, even for meditation is an acceptable reason to purchase a bottle of it.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I love the opening of epic, but it becomes somewhat harsh as it dries down. As for Jubilation XXV, I can't get past a comment I read about it smelling like pot pourri every time I smell it. I hope I will get over it one day, as I did with getting over comments about Creed's GIT and be able to enjoy it. Now, Reflection, I sampled that once and can't stop thinking about it. I just can't bring myself to spend $300 on a scent that so much reminds me of Joop! Homme, no matter how beautiful and exquisite it is.....yet.

Jubilation is simply awesome.

Depends what you're looking for. I prefer Epic.

I have tested both for a time now. Epic reminds me a bit of Nasomatto Duro. It`s to strong and loud. I like it! Jubilation XXV is great, but the best Amouage imo, is Dia.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 7th July 2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: IMO Epic has grown!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchaser View Post
    I love the opening of epic, but it becomes somewhat harsh as it dries down. As for Jubilation XXV, I can't get past a comment I read about it smelling like pot pourri every time I smell it. I hope I will get over it one day, as I did with getting over comments about Creed's GIT and be able to enjoy it. Now, Reflection, I sampled that once and can't stop thinking about it. I just can't bring myself to spend $300 on a scent that so much reminds me of Joop! Homme, no matter how beautiful and exquisite it is.....yet.
    You could purchase a bottle from Fascination Perfumery in the UK. With the exchange rate as it is, you can get a 50ml bottle of Reflection for about $110 usd. I'm going to purchase any future Amouage bottles from overseas - it's much cheaper than purchasing it here in the US. I assume based on your flag you are in Greece, but even so, it should be cheaper from Fascination Perfumery than elsewhere. Hope that helps
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Epic Man is really incense-y . If you like incense you would definitely like it. Very thick, complex and multilayered. A tiny bit of nose-stinging but its all good ! Very high quality.

Jubilation is about dry complex fruit with frank incense. I just wore it last night and it is pretty gorgeous to me. Pretty sweet in a dry fruit way. Still have the frankincense to balance it out, with other notes as well ! Too complex, too good !
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I have tested both for a time now. Epic isn`t for me. It reminds me of Nasomatto Duro. It`s to strong and loud. Jubilation XXV is great, but the best Amouage imo, is Dia.
    It's weird that Epic reminds you of Nasomatto Duro.
    Today I wore Duro in the evening and for some reason it reminded me a lot of Amouage Jubilation XXV.
    Can't say why because Duro is not an incense fragrance whereas Jubilation XXV is fruity and has loads of the unbeatable Amouage incense.

I think the leathery/oudy/ambery note of Duro somehow smells a bit like incense.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    It's weird that Epic reminds you of Nasomatto Duro.
    Today I wore Duro in the evening and for some reason it reminded me a lot of Amouage Jubilation XXV.
    Can't say why because Duro is not an incense fragrance whereas Jubilation XXV is fruity and has loads of the unbeatable Amouage incense.

I think the leathery/oudy/ambery note of Duro somehow smells a bit like incense.
    Well, both (Duro, Epic) are realy STRONG stuff! I can smell these scents on my skin 24 hours later, AFTER taking a shower! Jubilation is more fruity/spicy, and smells very attractive. -Footbridge to heaven!
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 7th July 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Jub. XXV is one of the best men's scents around. Period. A textbook case of proving that an "oriental" fragrance needn't like all the spices of the souk. Instead, you get a dry, elegant incense-and-oudh marvel spiked with some juniper berry. (Somebody above mentioned a similarity between Duro and Jub. XXV; of course, it's the oudh.) What's wonderful about Jub. XXV's dry, smoky approach to the oriental genre is that it's WEARABLE, as most are not. Forget wearing Ambre Sultan at the office, unless you work at a perfumery. On that note: Epic is also wonderful, but a more conventional oriental. But since the incense notes are so strong, things don't go all amber-and-vanilla; they stay masculine.

Wow, I can't believe what I had wrote about Epic. This is testament to the fact that opinions are definately subject to change. I love Epic and can't imagine being without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I'm an Epic fan; a strong and bitter frankincense accord. Jubilation, is great, but it has more fruit than I can handle.
    + 1

I really love Epic Man a lot. One day I will save up for a bottle. Jubilation XXV is ok but unremarkable.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I much much prefer Epic Woman if Im honest , Im considering a future purchase . Jubilation XXV is just a masterpiece from start to end - for me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I much much prefer Epic Woman if Im honest
    +1

Still quite herbal, medicinal and 'well travelled' but a bit more complex.

Epic is the safer one. It is a strong incense-wood fragrance. It's strength and opening does not make it that easy to wear, but I still think it's a good professional fragrance. The opening turns some people off, but after that, it's pleasant but nothing special.

Jub XXV on the other hand, well, it's basically the pop-star of the Amouage line. Fruit, incense, and slight hint of powdery flowers, it's hard to describe and I'm still trying to fully understand it, the first time I tried it it was just a straight up Frankincense bomb, nothing else. But it grew on me later and I prefer it over Epic.

As I've smelled more incense fragrances, I've actually come down quite a few notches in my appreciation of Jubilation XXV. I now find it sort of ho-hum, a simple, highly luxurious caricature of it's genre, which just feels so "plain". I'm sorry, but at least on my skin, it withers away to that oh-so-familiar raspy Iso E Super/incense base which is all too common among incense scents. The difference between Jubilation XXV and others, is that JXXV speeds through its progression towards that accord, and offers little in the way of sightseeing along the way.

I sampled Jubilation XXV. I purchased Epic and I am glad I did. The incense is wonderful. It truly is Epic.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Epic will be at my house in 2 days. I am excited. As a huge collector of Amouage who buys blind, I suggest Silver. XXV is my staple fragrance. However, like caviar you need to slowly over time develop a pallet for XXV. Otherwise you may think it's too opulent. I won most of the collection and could never imagine starting with XXV. Silver is beautiful, stands out and will help you understand the innovation and artistry of the line. Hope this helps.
    Top Favorite Houses: Amouage / Tom Ford (name brand or private collection) / Hermes

"Do the next right thing."