Code of Conduct

Default CHANEL N5 PARFUM Fans

Which CHANEL N5 PARFUM presentation/method of application & size does everyone love/prefer, and why?

A. PARFUM CLASSIC BOTTLE :: 0.25 / 0.50 / 1 oz

The now and forever fragrance. The ultimate in femininity. The most powerful, concentrated and long-lasting form of fragrance; the fullest expression of the perfumer's art. The classic bottle signifies personal luxury and is an attractive addition to any dressing table.

B. PARFUM PURSE SPRAY REFILLABLE :: 0.25 oz

The now and forever fragrance in a purse presentation. This sleek black lacquer refillable spray is a modern version of the original N5 purse spray, and goes everywhere in a flacon every bit as elegant and sophisticated as the fragrance itself -- and as the woman who wears it.
    Last edited by simplicity; 26th October 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Default Re: CHANEL N5 PARFUM Fans

Unwrapping and opening a new bottle of parfum feels much more luxurious than popping in a refill, but since I always decant splash bottles into atomizers, the spray wins hands down for me. It's practical and convenient...

I just bought the classic bottle, and although it's beautiful, and a tott says, a pleasure to unwrap, I find it hard to smell on the skin without literally pouring it on. I think I would like the splash bottle for it's loveliness, and the spray for actually use.

Basenotes Institution

Definitely the classic parfum bottle. It's so wonderful to dab some precious parfum on from the beautiful bottle. I used to love buying the little classic bottles of pure parfum when it was my signature perfume - it was such a treat. I kept every one of them after finishing the contents.
    I brought my bottle of Chanel No.5 EDP with me on my travels ( along with many others...... ) and I spritzed a little on the other day - just to smell it . Chanel No.5 never fails to make me swoon.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 26th October 2009 at 12:51 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I want the first, classic bottle -- in a spray!

no cheating, Twitchy! LOL

I prefer A for the parfum, I have B in the vintage edt form.

The classic bottle. But I should add that I find this very strong, and never want more than a couple of drops anyway. And the classic bottle is gorgeous, and I don't like the purse spray. So there's no conflict.

If I _did_ wear enough to want to spray, I wouldn't know what to do.

I have Chanel Gardenia in the parfum form and only wear a couple of dabs, it's quite potent. I wouldn't want it in spray form because it might waste some of the precious juice.

Does anyone else find No. 5 parfum to be REALLY soft? Or is it just me?

Well... The aldehydes and jasmin are pretty potent, but it more or less turns into a skin scent after an hour or so.

I have (and love) a gorgeous little bottle of the parfum. Typically, I like to dab parfums. But if I were to repurchase, I would choose the sprayer because:
    1. I like the opaque bottle for protection from light, can have it right on the dressing table
    2. I like that it is less likely to spill
    3. I think I prefer a spray form since the scent is so soft, a little more coverage.
    4. No floaties. (I know, I should be using a cotton swab or something, but that takes the fun out of touching the glass stopper to the pulse points.

and finally,
    5. My little stopper-covered bottle had major evaporation. Too sad, especially since I like to savor my parfums and they take a while to use up anyway.
    Last edited by Kelly9; 26th October 2009 at 11:23 PM.

I have started a new practice to discourage evaporation. I decant some extrait into a separate vial, and then seal the stoppered bottle with a laboratory film seal called Parafilm. With this method, I can put the decanted fragrance into any applicator bottle I want, including a mister.

Having said that, the purse spray by Chanel is rather nice.

I love the traditional bottle, but I went through two of those very fast a couple of years ago.
    I think next time I will purchase the spray version, to have the "difussion" advantage.
    Evenstar