Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 27 October

Happy Belated Birthday to Potiron! You thought you could sneak by with no cake?

Last edited by Asha; 27th October 2009 at 03:24 AM.

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 27 October

Good morning!

Another day in SL Chergui for me.

Enjoy your day, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Good morning everyone. I am still on a roll with Dolce Vita . I truly an in love with this. I read Bois de Jasmin's review of it which I think is spot on.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lovely - Sarah Jessica Parker
    Wishlist is pointless.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 27 October

Hello everyone, how are you today ? Hope all the best !!!!!

Isabelle Doyen and Annick Goutal's

SABLES

Notes : Everlasting flower, vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Indonesian and Madagascan pepper
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Great cake, for that sneaky Potiron ;-)

Wafting clouds of Safran Troublant for a long workday; hope all you peaches are in fine fettle !

As promised, YSL Parisienne for me today. Will post my impressions later on a dedicated thread.

Thank for you advice and kind words of support, EM!

Oh my God, Asha, I love that pumpkin cake! Thank you all for your wishing my happy birthday; you all made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Besides I'm giggeling about being called "sneaky". It's just that I like the sound of this word. And it reminds me of Gollum ("sneaky little hobbitses! Wicked, tricksy, false!"). And yes, I am weird, very weird.

Giving each and everyone of you a big teddy bear hug!

Oh, and SotD is 06130 Lentisque. Yes, Lentisque and I are going steady, it seems. What can I say, she's just such a beauty!

Have a great day, everyone!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Mont St. Michel Lavender EDC (thanks Wordbird!).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Tom Ford Estée Lauder Collection Youth Dew Amber Nude...

Notes:

top notes

Gentian flower, Magnolia, Ginger, Fresh Tea, Grapefruit
    heart note

Red carnation, Jasmin, Ylang ylang, Spices, Black Rose
    base note

Amber balms, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli heart, Dark Chocolate

Belated Birthday wishes to Sneaky potiron.

For those of you for whom my birthday report have sent you to check out Buckaroo Banzai, I expect to see you all at the next meeting of the Blue Blaze Irregulars.
    Perfect Tommy will know if you're not there.

Looking for for something that Buckaroo Banzai might possibly wear I thought about:

Comme des Garcons X Artek Standard

For most of us in North America our introduction to Scandanavian design aesthetic has come through the Ikea brand. Artek was one of the originators of this aesthetic; of clean lines and rounded curves over light wood colors. Artek is a Finnish modern design firm created in 1935 and continues to be an innovator in these fields to the present day. Comme des Garcons have been using unusual pairings as jumping off points to design new fragrances. Witness the very successful pairings with magazine Monocle, hatmaker Stephen Jones, and style maven Daphne Guinness. In many ways those collaborations have been true to the style exhibited by the co-promoter. It made me very interested in a fragrance which would combine a designer known for clean light designs with Comme des Garcons edgy nature. The top reflects lightness as lemon comes first followed by light applications of fennel and ginger to contrast the citrus with a slight spicy herbal counterpoint. This is a light and fleeting beginning before a healthy application of cedar takes over. Cedar is one of the cleaner notes in perfumery and also one of the most defined. For a scent inspired by furniture design it seems a perfect choice even if it is a little pedestrian and familiar.There is supposed to be saffron and musk here, according to the note list, but I have not found either of them to be present at any point to my nose. The base is where the combination of both aesthetics really takes off and elevates Standard. First there is a smoky tea note which is paired with an herbal floral note that is defined as twinflower. It reminds me a little of lavender but less floral and more herbal. Then Standard finishes with this elegant metallic note. If you look at the Artek website you will see the use of a lot of tubular aluminum and this metal accord is the smell I associate with that. A raw accord that seems to also impact not only my nose but somewhere way back on my tongue. This note is not going to be for everyone and if you're looking for a comparison it is closest to the metallic note in Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory but it is much stronger in Standard. Comme des Garcons X Artek Standard has average longevity and below average sillage. This is another strong collaborative effort on the part of Comme des Garcons, and Standard does a good job of bringing out the design aesthetic of Artek but I think this is going to be a fragrance with sharply divided opinions. As for me, I like it as it appeals to my fondness for the odd in in fragrance.

Have a Tuneful Tuesday everyone
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

YSL Parisienne as well here, straight up-- no layering this time Twolf! See ya on the other thread!

Basenotes Plus

Potiron, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Roberto, I was thisclose to twinning you in Sables today! You smell fabulous.

MPG Or des Indes. It's been a while since I've worn this and I don't know why I don't wear it more often, it's so intoxicatingly beautiful.

Best to all!
    Last edited by tdem1961; 27th October 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Birthday to Sneaky Potiron!

Raining and chilly here, and I'm wearing Il Profumo's Musc Bleu from a sample.

I hope everyone has an outstanding day.

Jayne Ormonde Woman
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Potiron, you cannot get away with an anonymous birthday here at basenotes! Cheers!

Today finds me wearing the last few golden droplets in my sample (thank you again SMM! ) of L'Artisan's newest offering ~ Havana Vanille! Bertrand is king!!!

Happy birthday from me, too, Sneaky Potiron - and as you can see from SMM's review, we LIKE wierd around here!

I'm in Angelique Encens today, from a sample. I started out liking the biggest, harshest, most in-your-face incenses, like Black Cashmere and Nu, but maybe it's the weather or maybe it's my appreciation of subtlety increasing as I mature (ahem, well, a bit maybe), but my thoughts on this one have changed. When I first tried it a year or so ago, I didnt' think it had enough incense in it. I thought it was wishy washy and 'lite'. But today I really get the complexity and light hand with which this was created. Yes, it's certainly an incense, but it's also a bit woody and a bit floral and on consideration the kind of thing I could see my hand reaching for on a daily basis.

Now I am on the School Run, I have to wear things that are not so outre and literally won't scare the horses. I am beginning to have a very different appreciation of daily perfumes and think that a bottle of Angelique Encens would be a wonderful thing to have on one's dresser. What a luxurious School Run perfume! (And of course I'm still saving up for my bottle of L'Air de Rien for non-school days.)

I wish you all love and light today.
    xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    ....For those of you for whom my birthday report have sent you to check out Buckaroo Banzai, I expect to see you all at the next meeting of the Blue Blaze Irregulars.

Perfect Tommy will know if you're not there.
    "The deuce, you say!! Dr. Lizzardo and I will ALSO know!!

And so will Potiron and her pumpkin cake....HAPPIEST BELATED, dear one!

Bizzily decanting (now that it's no longer a dirty word) and as a result......

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy birthday Potiron!

D&G Light Blue for me today.

Good morning all and a huge belated BIRTHDAY HUG to POTIRON Today is a rainy and grey day! The kind of weather that makes me wanna crawl back in bed with a good book.... Instead I'm having one of my Diva days when I dress up ever so slightly. No outfit is complete without a classy scent,so I decided to wear some Cuir de russie from my precious decant.I'm scared to admit how much I love this scent! Hope you all have a nice day!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Past to Poitron!

Jacques Bogart Furyo today.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Potiron---you're making me want some of that Lentisque......I've already put in a bid ;-)

As the mornings are darker later, I would have expected our son to sleep in a bit longer. Somehow he's been waking up earlier and ready to party! Spent 6:30-8 dancing around the kitchen. I'm beat but he's ready for more. Need to get out of the house to tire him out....

SotD? Tossing a coin between Kelly Caleche and Nahema parfum.

Have a great day!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Guerlain Lovely Cherry Blossom

Mitsouko today.

Basenotes Plus

DSH's Cathedral perfume oil. Rich incense that lasts all day.

Back to the grind after a great weekend away. I am wafting in Hypnotic Poison this morning trying to get in the mood to do payroll. I preordered Back to Black, can't wait for it. Used my sample to death over the weekend.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Above (Again)

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Tuesday 27 October

Today is signature scent day so, I will apply Mitsouko.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Potiron---you're making me want some of that Lentisque......I've already put in a bid ;-)
    Yay, my first time as an enabler! Have you tried it yet? PM me if you would like a sample (should you not win the auction, that is )

Running late for work. SotD is Genie des Bois. All violets and woods, and so pretty!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

On my Form 1040 my profession is listed as publication designer, but most days it feels more like I'm an emergency responder. Last Thursday client R said he'd be sending the next issue's materials "today or tomorrow." Would you believe that in the midst of typing the sentence above, his materials JUST started filing in the email? This is sooo typical. I get up in the morning not knowing whether I'm working or whether I should proceed to some personal project. Oh, well, at least I'm gainfully employed today, so I dasn't complain.

In honor of my publishing clients and their r~u~b~b~e~r calendars, I'm wearing Strange Invisible Perfume's Magazine Street (Magnolia, Vanilla, Patchouli, Vetiver, Botanical Musk), a souvenir from whisperingleaves' Summer Fun 3x3. A polite green opening is soon overtaken by a dusty, old bookstore-like smell with a hint of spice. The scent fades fairly quickly on me, and I've already made a second application.

Shine on, my brilliant beauties.

Wearing Allure.

A belated Happy Birthday to potiron!

In N'Aimez que Moi today. Take care, all.

Hello everyone, today I'm wearing Immortelle by L'Atelier Boheme. Enjoy your Tuesday!

Robe d'un Soir by Carven!

Blog Entries

All these pumpkins have me thinking Halloween!! Still got one of my own to carve, yet. Will have to brain storm and post pics later.
    Soooo.... I don't know what to make of my Une Rose Chypree
    Test #1 Flash of interesting opening, then Scrubber!!!
    Test #2 Intriguing opening tapering more gracefully to the rest of its notes, a bit strange
    Test #3 Lovely opening, fascinating transition to the heart, and scrumptious base!!

Its like someone's swapping notes when I'm not looking, because the first and third don't even smell like the same stuff!!! How could I have been so wrong?! Its beautiful... And so my quest continues, as I fall for frags with ever-increasing price tags.

Considering selling organs to pay for perfume....

... going too far? (C'mon, fess up!! You know you've fallen for frags you'd do worse for. )

Unscented until the mailman comes! Giddy with excitement!! LOVE getting stuff in the mail!! :bounce:
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Musc Bleu disappeared in no time, so I'm now wearing Cashmere Mist as SotD...long lasting AND soft.

Very happy birthday, Potiron!

And what a fabulous cake!

I am fed up at work today -- low morale and awful office politics. Am attempting to protect myself behind a shield of the fiercest Bandit.

This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Happy Birthday Potion

Today I'm using up some mini Diors I have from a gift set, they are all nice, I'm wearing Miss Dior Cherie which I'm quite suprised I like I'm usually a one for fruity type fragrances, but am loving the strawberry pathchouli. I'm now intrigued by all the Diors.......

Happy Birthday Potiron!!

I am giving sample C a rest for now. I am wearing Bond No. 9 Silver Factory
    Evenstar

Happy Birthday, potiron!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Good morning everyone. I am still on a roll with Dolce Vita . I truly an in love with this. I read Bois de Jasmin's review of it which I think is spot on.
    I go by her reviews more than others because we have some of the same taste in things. I'll take a look at that one, thanks!

So far today, nothing I have is really doing it for me and the weather is a little strange. It keeps going from cool to balmy and wet. Every once in a while I step outside and smell the damp forest and ocean air.
    Last edited by beachroses; 27th October 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Daim Blond.

For you pumpkin-carvers: Iowa's Des Moines Register has dozens of online pumpkin-carving stencils
    for printing, including some of the creatures from Where the Wild Things Are:

http://dmreg.com/NlwXLd (click on Templates)
    Sniff and let sniff.

TANG! Thank you so much for posting that link...my son LOVES Where The Wild Things Are
    and now we'll be able to have a super fantastic jack-o-lantern for Halloween!

(oh yeah, you smell great too! )

Last night my friend gave me a pretty good idea for a Halloween costume if you don't have a lot of time or money to pull something together. How about a fragrance model? Black dress? Check. Bottle of fragrance? Check. Little sample cards? Easy. Could be fun...

Chanel Coromandel today.
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 27th October 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    For you pumpkin-carvers: Iowa's Des Moines Register has dozens of online pumpkin-carving stencils
    for printing, including some of the creatures from Where the Wild Things Are:
    Oh, those are cool. Our pumpkins are currently faceless, which is really rather disturbing now that I think about it.

Turquoise, your idea is funny and cute. What a great excuse to overapply perfume, too!
    Last edited by Quarry; 27th October 2009 at 04:27 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

A friend just sent this link: http://www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf

Carve a pumpkin online.

Dang - today has been crazy!!!!

Similar to what Quarry is experiencing....

Went to the gym - did a PR on Back Squat (yes - I am lifting heavy weights these days. Very satisfying... #120 if you must know...)

Took a shower

Put on SL Douce Amere (last of my sample.... another ...another one where I may need to procure more.... ). Oh yeah, and some clothing.

Trained the high level mucky muck on email system. She seemed happy.

Lots of fire fighting

Trained another mucky muck on an online meeting system. She seemed happy.

Lots of fire fighting

First real breather today.....

At least I smelled good through all of it.

And yes, we LOVE WEIRD :bounce:
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post

Today finds me wearing the last few golden droplets in my sample (thank you again SMM! ) of L'Artisan's newest offering ~ Havana Vanille! Bertrand is king!!!
    I am looking forward to trying HV, but agree with your sentiment, based on Amaranthine!

NR for Her EDT today (applied late, umming and aahing as to whether to bother, due to ongoing cold situation)
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 27th October 2009 at 05:36 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Ormonde Woman for me too.

Another belated Happy Birthday to potiron!

I'm in Daim Blond again. This one is becoming my favorite decant. I can see I need to add it to my ever expanding Serge Lutens full bottle wish list.

Oscar de la Renta Volupte from my new bottle. Thanks for reminding me about this, soirdelune :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Do you know, lovethescents, I saw a bottle of this in TK Maxx the other day and was this close -- THIS CLOSE -- to buying a bottle blind. I didn't ... but wonder now if I should have!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    Went to the gym - did a PR on Back Squat (yes - I am lifting heavy weights these days. Very satisfying... #120 if you must know...)
    Cool, Kitty. I pumped iron 20 years ago. It's invigorating.

Now wearing Iris Noir, which I like only late in the day—so A+ on the naming thing, Yves Rocher.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tonight I am in Zino Davidoff
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

SotD was Missoni, but my SotE is a test of the yummah Ambre Narguile. I like it on me, but think it would be even more drool-worthy on the DH. Many many thanks to rogalal for the fabulous sample(s). I'm going to be on a testing roll this week now!
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Le Baiser du Dragon today. There was a thread over on the men's side that I posted on, so I was still thinking of it this morning. The men seem to think it has no longevity. Silly boys! I can still smell it on my shirt 12 hours later!!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    A friend just sent this link: http://www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf

Carve a pumpkin online.
    Very cute!

I hope those stencils work out, ubu! I'm not feeling as ambitious about carving a pumpkin as I was a couple of years ago; otherwise I'd definitely go for the Wild Things.

Quarry, THIS is the kinda face I think those pumpkins should have:

Still in Daim Blond, scent twins with Kazzy.

(I think the boards have a built-in picture-posting resizer thingamajigg now. Thank you, Grant! That'll make it a smoother process all around.)
    Last edited by tang; 27th October 2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Blog Entries

Relaxing in Jour de Fête, having eaten a fine roast leg of lamb with my family.
    A few minutes to sit before cleaning up the mess in the kitchen. Ahhh....

Miss everyone. I've been too busy lately. Billet Doux by Fragonard.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time