Code of Conduct

Default IsoESuper in the following scents?

Does either Le Rose 31,or Eau D'Italie Paestum Rose have IsoESuper in their formulation?
    I tried a search but was unable to find this information. Thank you, SamF

Default Re: IsoESuper in the following scents?

Paestum Rose does for sure (to my nose anyway). I'll let someone else comment on Rose 31. Generally speaking, there don't seem to be many newish scents that don't have at least a little bit!

I agree with sofresh, many fragrances have Iso E in them. Is this a problem for you?

Yikes. I'm anosmic to it so that means I can't appreciate many scents well.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Good luck to those looking for scents without Iso E Super. Unless you're a die-hard purist or have an allergy to the stuff, might as well try to appreciate Iso E Super's place in the overall scheme of scent development.

Thank you all for responding. I am not allergic but just do not like it very strong, such as in Jubilation XXV or Terre de Hermes.

Massive in Paestum.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

The vast majority of people who will smell a scent off you won't have any idea what Iso E Super smells like. To them you just smell good. Oh well...that's how I deal with its proliferation I guess.

Blog Entries

Iso E Super acts weird on skin. If you've ever just worn it by itself (you can order a tiny vial from some websites if you're curious), it doesn't do what perfume "should", which kind of makes sense - it's a chemical ingredient, not a perfume in itself.

If you dab some on your arm, it mostly doesn't smell like anything. But as you walk around through the day, you'll notice whiffs of really nice smoky wood. But then if you smell your arm, nothing. Eventually, your arm will smell sort of sweet and creamy, but it's really faint.

When used in perfume, they usually mix it with other woody notes, especially cedar, because the wood notes on skin make the Iso E Super make sense. You and the people around you smell the Iso in the silage, while you smell the cedar on your skin and your nose gets fooled into thinking its all part of the same thing.

Iso E Super is also usually paired with myrhh. Myrhh is sweet and creamy and makes the sweet creamy base of the Iso E Super make sense, too. And myrhh is technically an incense, but by itself it doesn't smell smoky. The Iso E Super adds the smoke to the myrhh, so it makes more sense, too.

This combo of Iso E Super, wood, and myrhh is the basis for pretty much the entire genre of incense scents, from Jubilation XXV to the Comme Des Garcons incense series to pretty much any frag created by Bertrand Duchaufour or Mark Buxton..

Long story short, you're probably not anosmic to it - it just doesn't have a real discernable presence on skin. Give it another chance - you're not missing anything.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Yep, there's Iso E Super in both of the fragrances you mentioned.
    Sales thread here

It sounds like Iso E Super is great for a later appearance in the show for heart and basenotes.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)