Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default SotD Wednesday, October 28

Happy Birthday, Lessa!

Today's birthday girl is in the process of renovating a barn home, which excites me beyond expression.
    Just love who you are and what you're doing, L!
    How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm, after they smell "Paree"?
    Last edited by Quarry; 28th October 2009 at 12:39 AM.

Default SotD Wednesday 28 October

Good morning!

SL Chergui for the third day in a row...

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 28th October 2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 28 October

Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier. Haven't worn this in ages, I craved the powdery vanilla this morning.
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 28th October 2009 at 06:06 AM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 28 October

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

It's my third wedding anniversary today, so I shall be wearing Serge Lutens Daim Blond. This has wonderful memories not only of the wedding, but also of opening it the night before and enjoying it with my sister and best friend, whilst eating fine nibbles, drinking pink champagne and watching Bride and Prejudice.

Mr Hebe has already made today a day to remember by giving me a pair of very lovely earrings. Have a lovely day, everyone!
    Last edited by Hebe; 28th October 2009 at 07:13 AM.

An interesting side effect of my concerted effort to use up samples - my bathrobe smells amazing. A sophisticated blend of musk, flowers, vanilla and labdanum. Imagine musc ravageur layered with Shalimar and SL Datura Noir. Putting off washing this thing for as long as possible....

Also found a great blog through the pingbacks in the scent project.

I've always loved the international nature of this community. This one is Norwegian. I'm providing the link through Google Translator.

Untranslated: http://olfakta.wordpress.com/

Roughly translated to English: http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Stupid early in the morning and not wearing perfume yet (except for the bathrobe). Will report later.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Congratulations on your 3rd Anniversary Hebe!
    I am using up the last drops of my Shalimar Light this
    morning. Have a good day everybody.

Daim Blond - Serge Lutens
    Wishlist is pointless.

Congrats Hebe!

Sampling Havana Vanille today.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Congrats on your anniversary Hebe!

Today I wore The Body Shop White Musk for Men which has been permanently confiscated from my BF's bathroom. I really like this fragrance, lavender is such an interesting note and I don't have any fragrances in my collection that feature it.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Prada Amber pour Homme.

Notes include bergamot, mandarin, neroli, cardamom, geranium, vetiver, orange blossom, myrrh, nirvanolide musk, labdanum, sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla, saffron, patchouli and leather.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't want to speak too soon, but between Hebe's anniversary, Sakecat's glorious bathrobe and LipPrint's confiscation of a bit of deliciousness, this seems to be a goooooood day!
    It's a good one for me anyway, as Small's teacher is off school and I have her to myself all day. Hoorah!
    I asked her what she'd like to do and she said "I want to go to the Big City and have a Happy Donald meal with a dog." (McDonalds' Happy meals currently have small cuddly dogs as the giveaway.) Despite having sworn while pregnant to keep my darling duckling away from all forms of fast food and brain-meltingly idiotic toys, I am a complete softy and she has me twined around her fingers. Heck, I also swore she was never wearing pink and... you get the idea.

And I do love Happy Donald meals. That's how family sayings are made.

I fell head over heels for Angelique Encens yesterday and have to wear it again to see if perhaps I need to get a decant. I remember a discussion last year about this being discontinued; does anyone have any hard facts on this now? Have they actually discontinued it?
    I saw this thread http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=219030 and was involved in this one http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=217593
    Does anyone have any more to add? Did Creed actually cut it off? Or was it all a hoax?

Regardless, I will be performing Angelique Encens today and reveling in it once more.

Love and light and joy to all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

SotD is Youth Dew Amber Nude (again)...

Notes are:
    top notes

Gentian flower, Magnolia, Ginger, Fresh Tea, Grapefruit
    heart note

Red carnation, Jasmin, Ylang ylang, Spices, Black Rose
    base note

Amber balms, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli heart, Dark Chocolate

Ah! And DD is home sick (throat infection) so I'm home with her... She's asleep now... Bless her!
    Last edited by Baldufita; 28th October 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Good morning all and happy anniversary to Hebe!! Seems like the darker season is approaching fast....Well,at least I have huge problems getting up in the morning,unless I have to! The day will (hopefully) be spent reading up on Freire and empowerment.Also Community work.We have a rather interesting project going on in class about Community work and we've just been on a mini "field trip" interviewing other social workers about it. It's interesting,but I'm so sleepy today I struggle to keep my interest today! Anyhow, sotd is Crystal Noir. Have a nice day all!!

Default Re: SotD Wednesday, October 28

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lessa, happy birthday to you!

Now the cake was labeled wrongly, but the decorator was drunk. Hope you'll be the same ;-)

Scent of the day Bulgari Black for a vaccination very shortly......
    Last edited by lovethescents; 28th October 2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Happy Birthday, Lessa-Lou !
    Those cakes are a hooot.

Wearing Nez a Nez' Marron Chic- a gorgeous gourmand .

Trying to make sense of today- several birthdays of loved ones, as well as the first year anniversary of my mother's death.
    Ah, for peace and quiet.

Be well, my dears.

Another day in Lentisque..

Wordie, I've been seeing those doggies comming with the Happy Donald meals advertised on TV and found them so cute (I don't know what's wrong with me... could it be the hormones?)!! I wish I were Small's age again...

Have a great day, everyone!

Red Barn cakes today all day? Happy Birthday, dear Lessa, and many fragrant joys!

I am wearing YSL Parisienne again. I failed to understand it yesterday -- could feel the initial sweetness and then it disappeared and only late at night right before going to sleep I could feel some goodness. Not sure if it was waffting from Parisienne or my pillow.

Happy birthday to Lessa and Happy Anniversary to Mrs. & Mr. Hebe. Its a good way to get Wednesday off and running.
    Wordbird I wonder how much of parenting is "I'll never do that with my child" only to later say "I swore I would never do that with my child but she/he has me twined about her/his finger"
    Enjoy your Happy Donald meal.

Working through new acquisitions.

Serge Lutens Fourreau Noir

One of my favorite Serge Lutens fragrances is Encens et Lavande. The balance between the incense and lavender is exquisite and it is the lavender that seems special in that scent. The 2009 release Fourreau Noir re-visits that lavender accord from Encens et Lavande and Christopher Sheldrake and Serge Lutens add some different playmates to the olfactory schoolyard. Right from the top the lovely lavender comes to the fore, it is cut with a scalpel sharp citrus accord. This is the only aspect of Fourreau Noir I didn't care for. Lavender has its own sharp edges and astringency to it and the addition of more sharpness made me worry that the citrus was going to bully the lavender into submission. Thankfully the sharp citrus lasts for a short time and tonka appears along with a lively musk. In combination with the lavender this gives a rich feel to the heart of Fourreau Noir and this is the part of Fourreau Noir that persists the longest on me. As this scent develops immortelle and its maple syrup accord appears and really adds depth to the heart. The base is all warm sweet amber and this comes the closest to Encens et Lavande as both of these fragrances end up in confortable spaces on my skin. I like Fourreau Noir but that initial citrus note, which has been identified by other reviewers as dihydromyrcenol, was borderline unpleasant on me and if it was to last longer it would be difficult to overcome my dislike for it. Fourreau Noir has excellent longevity and average sillage. I'm not sure that Fourreau Noir is all I would have wanted in a lavender centered scent form Serge Lutens but its a good start.

Have a Worldly Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Lessa!

And Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Hebe!

Estee Lauder Sensuous *mmmmm*

Have a great day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy, Happy birthday!
    Congratulations!

Ile Flottante by Lunableu
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEESEE

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE HEBES!!!

All y'all smell so g-o-o-o-o-o-o-d this ayem! My whole bedroom is a mixture of scents with heavy emphasis on vanilla so I need a spicy break...how 'bout the last few drops of...

(That's Geranium Bourbon)
    ...I think I've given away more of this than I've actually worn!

Tha's OK...now have to buy a new bottle!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 28th October 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Very happy birthday, Lessa xxx

Chaya, sending huge and loving hugs.

Am in shock. Partner just informed me that her mother's cancer has returned just three months after her all-clear. It was 6mm last time and is now 6cm. I am scared for her and us.

I applied the sprightly and lightweight honeydew melon of Un Apres La Mousson this morning. It feels inappropriately frivolous now.

This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Wordbird - Sadly, the bathrobe is not part of the dress code for my office I would have been perfectly happy to continue to lounge around in the bathrobe for the rest of the week.

Thanks to ScentBro SMM - wearing Beauty Comes from Within. This wearing, green florals and a soapy musk at the top. After an hour, it completely morphs to this comforting floral vanillic musk. It's like 2 different scents. Interesting stuff.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Happy Birthday, Lessa!

(I've decided Bob is the horse).

Hope your day is special in every possible good way!

Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Hebe!

Happy Birthday again to Lessa!

I’m wearing Tabu this morning. Good thing hubby has left for the day or he’d be complaining for sure. I’m reveling in this stuff.

Adding later...The Tabu had to go. I don't know why this is, but I'll crave something spicy/sweet/oriental (not just Tabu ), but then I'll get bored with its tenacity and begin to feel suffocated. Post-shower, I'm wearing Waterford'S Lismore, which was one of my Marshall's bargains this year. This poor fragrance bombed, I suppose because Waterford went bankrupt, but maybe for other reasons I know nothing about. I haven't worn it much because I've been pretty much sticking to a few staples in my wardrobe. This one has tart & juicy mandarin, florals, woods. It feels brighter and more upbeat, just makes me feel overall better. I see this was created by Harry Fremont, who also created a few other fragrances I enjoy (Sensi for one).
    Last edited by lilybelle; 28th October 2009 at 06:00 PM.

Happy birthday, Lessa! My true dream house would be a converted stone barn....
    I used to pore over some beautiful examples in home design magazines. Best of luck!

Hugs to soirdelune & chaya.

Will be sampling Tom Ford's White Suede a little bit later, I think. (Thanks, J! )
    Sniff and let sniff.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Lessa!!

Davidoff Relax today, applied in moderation.
    Last edited by kbe; 28th October 2009 at 12:13 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Lessa!!

Spent yesterday afternoon in a paradise much like this one. There's a lovely bike path near my house and the colors are incredible!!

Things have been pretty difficult for Daniel and I. We'd been visiting each other for a week every other month, since that was the most we could get away with, and it was difficult, but manageable. But Daniel's job at Best Buy is hitting the busy season and he wouldn't be getting any time away till after New Years, and even then not knowing how soon. We had resigned ourselves to this, and it made us miserable individually, because neither wanted to bring it up and upset the other. I was afraid we were starting to fall apart.

We talked about it the other night, and I convinced him to ask his boss about it, and see if it was really as bleak as we thought. Even just a couple days, enough to drive there, spend the day and drive back. Yesterday, his boss was in a bind, and needed his help, and afterward, the boss guaranteed him four whole days break, in November!! Right around my birthday!!!

I can't even express my joy right now!!! Not only will I be with him within the month, but this was more than either of us thought possible! I've been over-flowing with excitement and gratitude since yesterday, and I just had to tell you, before I go off like a firework and explode happiness everywhere!!!

I'd love to bottle up this feeling and send it to each of you,
    to wrap you up like a warm embrace
    and carry you on your way.

Just a few tiny drops of
    Une Rose Chypree

---Edit---
    Oh Soirdelune... I can't imagine how worried you must be. Your poor love! *wrapping you up in a big hug* Her mother must be an incredible woman to have beaten it back once before: she's a survivor, and that kind of will can move mountains!! Stay positive, and hang in there!! Wishing her mother strength and brilliant doctors. Wishing you and your darling peace.
    Last edited by exquisitely me; 28th October 2009 at 12:31 PM.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Seems that today is full of mixed emotions...so a dual purpose cake to celebrate AND forget about life's problems...
    Happy Birthday to Lessa, and hugs to all who want and need them!

Nice touch, Asha.
    You're a peach

Soir, big hugs and prayers your way...

The last 2 days I wore, Eau de Noho,Enlevement au Serail by Parfums MDCI, Tihota, Guerlain Idylle (sprayed at the airport duty free).

Happy Birthday Lessa!

Happy Anniversary to the Hebes!

Hugs to Soir - I know this is a scary time for you and your partner and her mum, but try not to fear the worst just yet, as the size of the growth may not in itself be the critical factor.

Hugs to Chaya who is remembering the loss of her mum.

I am wearing Tom Ford Neroli Portofino from a sample - wish I had more of this delightful orange number.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Anniversary, Hebe! And a Happy Birthday to Lessa!

Today I am wearing L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger-- the 2005 on the left arm and the 2007 on the right arm. I sprayed them on 5 minutes ago and so far I am surprised how similar they are! Enough so that if I didn't know better, I would think they were from the same bottle (and they both smell marvelous!) But evolution may be different...to be updated.

Edit: 50 minutes in, they still smell identical. I confess I am surprised, as I had read reviews that said they were different in several ways. To be updated again later.

Edit: 90 minutes in, maybe I'm imagining it but 2005 may be infinitesimally greener and 2007 infinitesimally sweeter. But maybe that is just what I was expecting to find.

Edit: 3 hours in, both still smell great and...they smell identical. Really.

Conclusion: If there is a difference between these 2 vintages, it takes a better nose than mine to detect it in a side by side test on skin.

So if you loved the 2005, and your bottle is now empty, don't hesitate to get the 2007.

Same song, second verse:

I reapplied the 2 FdO vintages to get opinions from my husband and daughter.

Neither could tell any difference between the two vintages. With eyes closed they couldn't tell them apart.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 28th October 2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: updates

I am wearing 1969 today. It is warm and fruity and doesn't smell at all like the 1969 that I remember. I am enjoying it, even so.

Basenotes Institution

Fahrenheit Absolute by Christian Dior

Happy Anniversary Hebe!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Nahema (Guerlain)

Wow, there's a lot going on today. I wish a virtual hug could take away sadness and worry for those of you who are down. Perhaps it can help just a teeny bit!

Congrats to Lessa and Hebe on your celebrations!

Sending a polka-dotted chocolate pig to give you all a smile:

I'm off to work in Gres Cabaret.

Lessa, Happy Birthday!

Hebe, Happy Anniversary!

SOTD is Aoud Shiny (Montale). Take care, all.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Soir, I'm sorry for that awful stress. Do tell those two ladies that we smelly strangers send sincere good wishes. As much as you can, be at peace and let medical science take it from here.

After reading that Michael Jackson apparently wore Tom Ford's Black Orchid, I decided to apply an old dupe, which I thought I liked better than the original. Meh. It's okay. I'll slip into another frag later.

For anniversaries recognizing all manner of precious sentiment, I light a virtual candle, dear ones.

Happy Birthday dear Lessa
    and
    Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Hebe

Encens et Lavande for a long day

Big hug to Chaya and Soir

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Obsession to keep me cozy in this rainy/snowy weather.

Happy Birthday, Lessa!

Hugs to Soirdelune & Chaya...

Happy Anniversary to Hebe!

exquisitely me reminded me that I have not tried my sample of

Une Rose Chypree

so, this is my sotd.
    Last edited by *dora*; 28th October 2009 at 07:23 PM.

Hot Couture • Givenchy (the original)
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Happy Birthday, Lessa!

Today's birthday girl is in the process of renovating a barn home, which excites me beyond expression.
    Just love who you are and what you're doing, L!
    How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm, after they smell "Paree"?
    Wow, thanks so much to everyone for the wonderful birthday greetings! Made my day, for sure. 52 is such a nice round number, don't ya think?

I chose Homage to wear on my natal day. Dad took me to an early lunch, and will be seeing my grandkids after work tonight.

Happy coincidence, when I came to work today, PTG, the new edition, was waiting for me. I will consider it my gift from the perfume gods and goddesses.

Thanks so much to all for the wonderful cakes and comments :wave:
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Happy Birthday, Lessa! I've just noticed you signature: You like Joni Mitchel and the Big Bang Theory and our Birthdays are just two days apart. Seems we have a lot in common.

Soir, very sorry to hear that news. Sending my thoughts, hugs and best wishes.

Hugs to Chaya and everyone in need.

Cheers to exquisitely and the good news.
    Last edited by potiron; 28th October 2009 at 05:19 PM.

My company's Halloween party is today. I'm dressing up as a skunk. I'll be holding a little spray atomizer of perfume, so I guess you could say I'll be a cartoon version of a skunk...

(((((HUGS))))) With strong arms I send hugs to Chaya and Soirdelune, sturdy hugs that are meant to shore up your emotions and keep you going!

*!*!*Hugs*!*!* lighthearted and celebratory hugs ~ with jovial spirit ~ wishing Happy Birthday to Lessa and Happy Anniversary to Hebe & Hubby!!!

A fellow basenoter has generously gifted me with a bottle of "L" de Lolita Lempicka. This gorgeous frag was composed by Maurice Roucel. It's been awhile since I've sampled it...and have since fallen for his Musc Ravageur...well, guess what? My nose detects the distinct kinship of MR and L. Funny too, I find his Tans Des Bras (Malle) and his Insolence (Guerlain) also showing off their family genetics!!!!!! Isn't perfumery fun?!?!?!?! Thank you so much "A" - for my SOTD!

Wishing a happy ending for everyone today!

Blog Entries

Bond Eau de New York
    Top Notes
    Grapefruit, Mandarin, Bergamot, Petitgrain.

Middle Notes
    Neroli, Gardenia, Cyclamen, White Lily, Basil, Verbena, Jasmine.

Base Notes
    Vetiver, Oakmoss, Skin Musk, White Wood.

Happy Birthday, Lessa!
    Last edited by kumquat; 28th October 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Happy Birthday, Lessa! Have a wonderful day.

And Happy Anniversary to Hebe and Mr. Hebe!

Just returned from the dentist - first work in over ten years, YIKES! It was a doozy, but I'm glad I could provide the dentist his biggest challenge of the day first thing, just to make the rest of his day easier.

Wearing Mitsouko parfum. I hadn't worn it in a while and my gosh, it smelled so incredibly beauiful and special when I opened the vial. How could I have forgotten how good it smells?!

Runs in quickly to add big birthday good wishes to Lessa and happy anniversary cheers to Hebe ...plus a round of hugs for all, especially (((Chaya))) and (((Soir)))...

SOTD: Gucci EDP

((((Soir, Soir's partner, and Chaya))))

Happy birthday wishes to Lessa, and happy anniversary wishes
    to Mr. and Mrs. Hebe.

Sakecat, can you bring your robe to Sunday lunch? ;-)

Feeling a bit stomach-achy and tired. Kingdom seems to be the
    perfect mix of soothing and lifting today.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

(((((Hugs))))) and pie all around (bcs it just sounds good today)! Asha and Ubu said it best.

em, that's so great about Daniel's getting time off! Isn't it wonderful when things work out, like we're being taken care of....

....and a big cup of peppermint tea for Blackcat.

Sotd is 22.

Take special care today, you all.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 28th October 2009 at 08:37 PM.

Parfums de Nicolai Le Temps d'Une Fete
    Works beautifully as a masculine. Or so I imagine.

Happy Birthday to Lessa, and big anniversary congrats to Mr & Mrs Hebe

I've been in sample heaven today, trying all sorts of goodies. I ended up in Dans Tes Bras for the better part of the day. Like Ubu, I am a fan of most all things Maurice Roucel.

And now to figure out what to cook for dinner...
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Mr. and Mrs. Hebe- may you enjoy many more fine years together !

Let's hope all ills heal, and true love will NOT be made more problematic ...

Happy anniversary to the Hebes! Many, many, many happy decades together!

SotE is one I'd forgotten about: AG Songes.

Good night!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to Lessa!

Happy Anniversary to the Hebes!

Hugs to any and all who need them.

I'm wearing Cardinal today for the first time of the season.

Just popped in before bed ... am so touched by the warm and supportive comments, so lovely.

Wanted also to say a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the Hebes ... I do apologise for overlooking you this morning xxxx

Oh, and exquisitely me .... what wonderfully romantic news ...
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Going with divine Divine de Divine for the evening.