Code of Conduct

Default Foundation recommendations

Pls best foundation for 48 years old woman with very dry skin on the cheeks and undereye area but slightly oily skin on the nose. Something that wouldn't make my wrinkles around the eyes even more visible like without foundation but improve the complexion and supress shine on my nose at the same time. Thx.

Default Re: Foundation recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    Pls best foundation for 48 years old woman with very dry skin on the cheeks and undereye area but slightly oily skin on the nose. Something that wouldn't make my wrinkles around the eyes even more visible like without foundation but improve the complexion and supress shine on my nose at the same time. Thx.

Have you tried Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation? It doesn't have a lot of coverage, but it's buildable. It's a fluid one, not matte, so it won't look cakey and won't accentuate wrinkles. The only thing is that I'm not sure if it's oil-free (for the area on your nose), but maybe you can blot with blotting tissues or use MAC Blot for instance? I suggest you go to a BB counter and ask for a sample or that they try it on on you directly...

Anycase, check her website: www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com

I have crinkly eyes (what?! I smile a lot that's all ;-) and have found Max Factor Age Renew to be excellent for not gathering in the creases. It is really illuminating and goes on very smoothly. Coverage is not overly light so is better for evening/formal looks imo. I also have dry cheeks with oily T and find this product very good at battling both areas.

I'm going to keep an eye peeled for Max Factor's Age Renew (my crinkles could use some attention, now that you mention it). I've been using Prescriptives Photochrome Light-Adjusting compact foundation all summer and into fall, and I LOVE it. I've almost finished it, but it won't be available anymore I suppose, as the line has been discontinued. I'm on the hunt as well, Alicka61.

Sisley Oil Free. The most amazing foundation.
    Stays true for hours, you don't even feel like you are wearing foundation.
    It is expensive, but I buy mine from ebay France and get some great deals on testers.
    You will need to find your correct shade of course, but Sisley counters are brilliant at giving samples of it.
    DONNA

Donna, what about ageing skin? I don't have good experiences with oil-free products on wrinkles, it looks then like turtle skin.

The moisturizer you use under a foundation will make a big difference, find one with hyaluronic acid which will plump the dry skin without making you oilier.

Try Revlon Eterna skin cream for aging skin. This is inexpensive and worth a try.
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th November 2009 at 11:50 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Talking about foundation, what would be the best concealer underneath? (undereye area)