Code of Conduct

Default Bois 1920 Extreme - A mini-review

First time with a full wearing today. Three sprays is plenty. If there is a scent that everyone knows that it is reminiscent of, it would be Zino Davidoff. It is a warm, sharp and slightly spicy scent. It also falls into that Tom Ford Italian Cypress mode. Should be excellent all winter long.

Some have compared it to Guerlain Heritage, but I disagree, and I tend to believe that overall Heritage is better and not very similar to this. Heritage is smoother.

I also believe that for the money, Zino is the smarter choice. I bought this because I had some paypal money to burn and I found it brand new in the box for $99 shipped.

It is a very nice scent though. And tenacious on the skin. My first spray on my arm lasted over night and through a shower and into the next evening, a rare feat these days. Must be some quality oils in this composition.

It is mellowing some after a couple of hours now and is not as "sharp". The drydown is better.

Default Re: Bois 1920 Extreme - A mini-review

One of the best! Congratulation with a good choice. High quality stuff from my favourite house.

I like it too. Sharp is right. When I smelled the bitterly herbal topnotes, I was not impressed, but as you say, it gets much better.

As for that Heritage comparison: What!? I don't see it. Heritage is silky smooth class all the way through. Extreme is a little more uncouth, with a few definite sharp edges.

All in all...good purchase for $99! Congrats!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

The comparisons to Heritage can actually be found on Luckyscent.com's user reviews for Extreme.

They're not as educated as you guys!

Zino and Extreme smells almost identical to me, i started a thread some months back about the two.

I can agree with the similarities between Zino and 1920 Extreme, for sure. I found the latter a bit difficult to wear, to be quite honest. The comparison to Italian Cypress is one I'll have to examine, but it never came to me that these two had much in common, personally.

The comparison to Italian Cypress is more based on the feel of the scent, Sharp and very masculine. They really don't smell much alike, but they fill the same niche in my 'drobe.