Code of Conduct

Default does this seem weird?

hey guys, i put on cologne everyday, i switch between my Burberry London and PE 360 Red, however whenever i wear these, it seems i can smell it on myself throughout the day, but the thing is the others around me dont even notice this, is this common? bc it seems weird for some reason, lik even when i first apply it, the scent is very strong, and again it seems im the only one able to smell it, and the scents are nice, very nice, but id like others to notice, and im not underapplying either id say, 3-4 sprays, 2 around the front chest/neck area and one to the back of the neck, its just weird to me, what do u guys think?

Blog Entries

Default Re: does this seem weird?

Well, it's entirely possible that people are simply choosing not to comment on it. London is a masterfully done fragrance but certainly not for everyone, and sometimes it seems like we're in a culture that prefers to keep people's opinions on the fragrance, clothing, etc. of others to themselves.

I only get a handful of comments about what I'm wearing any given month. That's fine, honestly I'm not wearing it to please anyone else but myself. If I have to overapply to garner comments, the comments are going to be that I'm wearing way too much.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Both of these fragrances, on my skin, were fairly subtle - and I tend to apply more than the "average" wearer, I think. Fragrance projection, as I understand it, depends on all sorts of things ranging from the fragrance itself to your skin type and the weather.

The Divatologist Perfume Application Method is a great read, and helpful:
    http://community.basenotes.net/blog.php?b=244

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Both of these fragrances, on my skin, were fairly subtle - and I tend to apply more than the "average" wearer, I think. Fragrance projection, as I understand it, depends on all sorts of things ranging from the fragrance itself to your skin type and the weather.

The Divatologist Perfume Application Method is a great read, and helpful:
    http://community.basenotes.net/blog.php?b=244
    well the thing is right now, its fall in my area, NorCal, 60s throughout the day, and im getting the best longevity and sillage throughout the year, usually in the summer where my skin is extra oily, everythign wears off within 4 hrs. during, so idk

Are you asking people if they can smell it? Alot of people just plain don't give out unsolicited comments it seems.

I would be happy with the fact that you are able to enjoy the smell of the scent for so long, however given the inoffensive nature of London, IMO, I wouldn't hesitate on applying a couple more sprays.

Are you saying people don't volunteer a comment or do they say they smell nothing if you ask them?
    In my experience, people don't generally say much, whether it be 1 spray of Issey or 6 sprays of Black Aoud. The only time they do is if they really like it, are flirting, or hate it.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Extremely weird and disturbing no doubt...

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by LanEvo View Post
    hey guys, i put on cologne everyday, i switch between my Burberry London and PE 360 Red, however whenever i wear these, it seems i can smell it on myself throughout the day, but the thing is the others around me dont even notice this, is this common?
    Everyone who knows you got together not too long ago and had a meeting about this. It was decided that they would remain silent about it just to mess with your head, and see how much you would dare to apply.

most people can't smell what your wearing, I can only smell people's fragrance if

A. they put it on way to heavily

or

B. I'm very close to them such as sitting behind them or giving them a hug
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

I let the fragrance speak for itself and never fish for commentary about my fragrance. Since I've been wearing a variety of fragrances, I garner the most intermittant compliments at work and this is usually after giving a hug or being in close proximity to each other. I do believe that many people do keep compliments and commentary about something like fragrance, clothes, haircuts, etc, to themselves.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 30th October 2009 at 03:02 AM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

I have the opposite problem. I apply a lot and still can't smell it, yet i can leave a room and my friends still smell me!!
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME