Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday 30 October

Good morning!

SL Louve for me, have an absolutely fabulous Friday!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 30th October 2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Friday 30 October

Dolce Vita for me today .... again ! I love this scent !
    I am quite annoyed that Beyond Love By Kilian and Opium are making me feel sick / nauseous ,in this heat in Thailand - I should have guessed. Especially Beyond Love - darn it !
    The funny thing is Poison by Dior is very tolerable here .
    It could be the high humidity .....

Anyway, best wishes and prayers for all in need here ! Thinking of you all !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 30th October 2009 at 04:43 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Friday everyone! I had a basenotes dream last night, I dreamed that I saw ubu walking past the ducks in the Marlborough Waitrose carpark, but she was on her mobile and clearly busy, so I didn't interrupt.

I am in Amaranthine, pre shower. There is so much to this one, and it blooms so big on me after the opening! I like it very much indeed and am so happy to have an unexpected bottle.I adore the drydown,I fell asleep last night trying to work out what the spices reminded me of, and decided that it was a persian rice that an old girlfriend used to cook, crossed with the condensed milk. I'm sure there is cumin in here, but I love cumin so that's fine. I think I'll be in this one all day, which is just as well because I'm not sure I could smell anything else after that huge blossoming of dirty white flowers.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Carlos Santana for Men.

Notes include cinnamon, leather, cypress, sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, lavender, mandarin orange, musk, benzoin, vanilla, apple, cedar and bergamot.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Testing JHAG Midnight Oud, so that's what I'm wearing today... I'll put something else this evening, as I have loads of samples to test...

Am still damp from the shower, but I plan to be scent twins with Hebe today, in Amaranthine. I have a workshop to give at work this afternoon, and will be wearing a lovely skirt with a big, purple flower on the front. So somehow Amaranthine seems ideal! Oh, and Hebe, love your dream and yes -- there is something of a Middle Eastern pudding about the drydown of this scent, this quality also being enhanced by what I think you rightly suspect is cumin.

Oh, Friday ... bring us all peace and comfort. Things are fractious here: the anticipation of grief brings so much anger
    Last edited by soirdelune; 30th October 2009 at 08:52 AM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Ricci Club Haute Concentration - Nina Ricci
    Wishlist is pointless.

Soirdelune - I hope your day gets better ♥

Today I wore Cacharel Amor Amor *yawn* I'm not sure why I keep wearing this, it's boring and I don't really like it but it was a gift from my very generous little sister so I feel somewhat obliged. Back in the cupboard it goes for another few months.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Still dark as the inside of a closed canteen outdoors but a couple of post-shower spritzes of Creed Silver Mountain Water has turned on another light in this house.
    Last edited by kbe; 30th October 2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Voile d'Ambre. Perfect for barbecue. Have a great day, everyone.

Wearing the very privet-y AG Eau de Camille again in anticipation of the hedge man coming. He is finally on his way - was getting worried that I could be wearing this indefinitely, while our foliage remained eternally shaggy.

I figured it would dry down to a discreet base for Amaranthine tonight - off to a friend's birthday party. So that will be three of us in this today!

Also testing a sample from Soir of Balenciaga Fleeting Moment, which reminds me very much of Le Dix with less powder. It is awfully pretty, and so far, not especially fleeting.

Loved the dream about Ubu, Hebe - I know the car park in question too!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I hope all who need a relaxing and peaceful weekend get what they need.
    I think this weekend will be much less eventful than last weekend without a birthday to celebrate.

Something new today.

Frapin L'Humaniste

When I was in graduate school I used to make my own gin. Starving grad student found it much cheaper to make his own alcohol than to buy it . I loved the smell of all the ingredients of gin while it was cooking up, as my apartment would fill with the aromas of juniper, coriander, and spices. My neighbors, perhaps, were not as enchanted as I. I have run across many scents that have some of the gin components in them and really wanted one that would pull them all together in one place. Thanks to Sidonie Lancesseur and her 2009 composition for Frapin, LHumaniste; I've got my wish. The top of L'Humaniste is cool citrus, cardamom and pepper. The pepper is lightly applied so the top is like a slice of lime in the glass over ice. The heart is all juniper berry as the slightly tart aspect of juniper mixes well with the thyme, which is also present, and adds a bit of herbalness to the juniper. The base adds the coriander and just like my slowly bubbling mixture in grad school the gin accord is now in full flower. There is a moment about an hour in where L'Humaniste smells just like I remember the distilling gin smelled. Hot humid spices and cool alcohol in contrast. L'Humaniste has average longevity and below average sillage. I don't know how many people are as enamored of the gin accord as I am but for those who are L'Humaniste is like an olfactory G&T, ice and a slice.

Have a Funny Friday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Ubu!

Likewise to MonkeyManMatt!

((((Soirdelune))))

Sotd is Creative Scentualization Perfect Veil
    Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Soir - big hugs. Uncertainty, waiting - all very stressful. May things resolve quickly in a positive way. Thinking of you.....

------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for the good vibes.

The difficult conversation with my boss (which damn near brought her to tears) and her boss (who was so stressed I found her downing a family size bag of chips before the meeting - VERY uncharacteristic) did not go as I had wished. They begged me to give them and the department one more chance.

I have been asked to slowly move back to my old desk near Princess. As they explained it - "Things have changed." And they also want to see whether any of the interventions actually stuck.

Oh yeah - and I get to do "teambuilding" with Princess in 2 weeks. Which means I have 2 weeks to figure out how to adjust my attitude to get through this dog and pony show. (Hey ScentBro - can you ship some of that homemade gin ?)

Trying to respect the process.....Failing.....

They swore up and down that they are much further along that process and that we wouldn't be having the issue drag on like it has since April. If it proves things haven't changed, they promised that the resolution would be swift (as in, her being fired). My managers have also realized that resolution will be swift if this last ditch thing doesn't work and there is no immediate action. That resolution will be me leaving the department. I have already started the HR process myself.......

--------------------------

Oh yeah - and did I tell you all I was up for a University-wide service award? Apparently - just being nominated is a really big deal and one of the best recognitions you can get as a staffer.

So at least through all of this, I am coming from a position of strength.

And I get free food.

Sunnyfunny - maybe I'll ship you some.....one day we'll commiserate and be able to laugh about our situations.....
    ------------------------------------------------------

Today - the last of my Regina Harris Frankensence, Myrrh and Rose. Kissed the sleeping SO this morning on my way out and he said "You smell good." Good to start the day like that
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Right ON, Terrykins !

"Ubu has a birthday, Ubu has a birthday ! "
    Happy, happy, Matt !

If ONLY I could bake you guys a lil' sumpin'-sumpin'. Ah well....

Therese !
    We're amber goils.
    I'm reeking of boozy old Ambre Russe- it went SO well w/ Leonard Cohen in London in my ear, and those red flannel medallion print sheets at bedtime.
    I'm simply lathering, rinsing, and repeating for today .
    [ Sadly, I don't think AR is wise to wear to work, so I'll overdo it on my onesies today ;-) ]
    More barbecue ! Huzzah !

LipPrint- you are a loving sister- and I applaud.

(((((Soir and beloved)))))
    You phrased it aptly, dear heart.
    I feel for you both, deeply.
    Anyway I can help, you let me know.

Sake- we cross-posted; I'm so sorry for your plight.
    UGH.

Work w/e, but J will come home for 'reading session' late on Sat.
    Hopefully, the brothers get some time together, J and I will steal some lovely moments of cozy confidence.

Feel loved, as you are, dear friends.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 30th October 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Happy birthday Ubu and MonkeyManMatt .

I am now wearing Poison !
    HUGS for Soirdelune !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 30th October 2009 at 10:52 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday, Ubuandibme! Best wishes for many, many more! Weekends are the best for birthdays.

Happy Birthday to MonkeyManMatt, too!

My SotM is Penhaligon’s Ellenisia. If I'm honest, I'll admit that what I like best about Penhaligon is the packaging, but this scent is nice, too, if you like fruity florals (and I do!).

Mandarin Zest and Violet Leaf, Gardenia Petals, Rose, Tuberose and Jasmine, Plum Nectar and Vanilla

TGIF everybody!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 30th October 2009 at 11:06 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 30 October

Patricia de Nicolaï ' s NUMBER ONE

( from samples )

Notes : jasmine, neroli, tuberose, rose, iris and black currant.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hermes Vetiver Tonka for me on ubu's birthday. Please have a happy day and many fragrant surprises.

LipPrint, I also support your scentiment: there are a few that I own and I do not really enjoy but I feel obliged to wear them once in a while because they came from someone I love and respect.

LilyBelle, that's a nice picture Safe or Sorry, funny too.

Hebe, I read the story on your blog -- your hubby is a keeper. Please enjoy your new smellie.

And finally, I have heard from Lady_in_Black -- not much, but the very fact of the PM itself assures me that she is doing all right.

Hugs to all who would take them.
    Last edited by Twolf; 30th October 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Ubu and monkeymanmatt! Many happy rethrns on the day for you both.

I tried two samples a very good friend of mine sent me but they are both so stinky, I must go wash (scrub) them off.

Ageless Perfume & their Eau Flirt....both are headache inducing horible, horible on me. Been "ages" since I had that reaction to a fragrance. LOL!

MANY HAPPY, HAPPY, GLORIOUS AND LOVELY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO UBU AND MATT!

Mega hugs
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

UBU!!!

Pulled a muscle and for the nonce it's Fleurs de CryoDerm. But you just wait....

Kate, Darlin'....in my experience, "anticipation" can be the breeder of fear and anger and can rob one of the joys of the present. "Now" is a safe place to be and a place where you can best be of help to your loved one.

And Wendy - CONGRATS on your award...and on being so important to your department that they are standing on their heads to keep you. A little trick: pray for the Princess that she be given everything you want for yourself. I guarantee that within two weeks your attitude toward her will change. You don't have to mean it when you start out - but do it anyway. You'll be amazed.

End of preaching.

THRILLED for the news about LIB!! Sure do miss her ....thanks Wolfie.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UBU!!!

Sorry I don't know how to do you a proper cake photo!

Hugs to Sakecat for her work woes.

Tree men are here and hard at work - I am additionally re-testing Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance. This is one of three perfume samples I plan to give my friend tonight as a jokey little extra present. She has a very tortured love life and often speaks of her "dark side". So she will have Lady Vengeance, AP Maitresse and AP Strip! That should cover all bases... though actually in Strip and Lady Vengeance at least there are some crossover notes with her signature scent of Armani Diamonds in terms of a rose-vanilla-patchouli kind of vibe.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 30th October 2009 at 11:59 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Good morning all! Looking forward to this weekend.For one thing I have the whole weekend off! Sunday I'm attending a concert with an artist that probably has one of the best voices in Norway....and he also looks good * Swooon!*
    Here's a link to his former band:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UJBsvKw-CM"]YouTube - Madrugada - Majesty Live at Oslo Spektrum[/ame] ( hope it works!)

Poor Sakecat! Hope things turn out the best for you! Ubu and Matt concider the link a birthday present from me ( technically challenged when it comes to posting pics:P) Sotd? Angel.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 30th October 2009 at 12:07 PM.

Leaping in quickly because I had a broken internet yesterday. (Wasn't me guv, I nevva touched a fing.)
    Yesterday Chergui from my Brand New Bottle - yes, I still get overexcited about new purchases.
    Today, guess what?
    You're ahead of me, aren't you?
    Yeah.

Chergui.

xxxxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Thank you for the sample of Quand Vient la Pluie, whichever one of you wonderful basenoters sent it to me... I found it by chance this morning and am delighting in it.
    I am not going to lust after a bottle of this, I am simply going to enjoy that I am wearing it TODAY. It's luscious.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Ubu and MonkeyMan have birthdays today? PARTAY! (I think we're going to need a bigger boat.)

Happy Birthday, our dear Ubu!

Let us dance to celebrate our good companions and put aside our worries for the length of a song. Hugs all around.
    Back to reality, it's cleaning day. Accepting sweet energy from Mira Bai: black currants and pralines. Slurp!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy Birthday, Ubu! Another fellow Scoripio/October child.

Ineespenes, have fun tonight! Madrugada is great (though I did not know they had split up... pity), so I envy you a little.

Wearing Tam Dao at the moment but I'm looking forward to changing into some Amouage Dia tonight (my bottle has just arrived today).

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post

And Wendy - CONGRATS on your award...and on being so important to your department that they are standing on their heads to keep you. A little trick: pray for the Princess that she be given everything you want for yourself. I guarantee that within two weeks your attitude toward her will change. You don't have to mean it when you start out - but do it anyway. You'll be amazed.
    Thanks Fairy ScentMother. I am going to try that. (though I will admit that my evil side wants to put together a voodoo doll and be done with it....)

karma karma karma karma karma.......
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Happiest birthday to Ubu!

I wore Champs Elysees this morning.
    Now I'm in Hanae Mori (edt.), sweet and uplifting.

Happy Birthday Ubu!!! Many happy returns for the lady kind enough to introduce me to the gorgeous Attrape Coeur!

SotD is Guerlain's Cologne du 68 (thanks to rogalal).

Sometimes I am just blown away by the supreme generosity of the BaseNotes community, especially when I go to my stash and realize that 90% of what I own wouldn't be there without kind samples and recommendations. My Visa company appreciates you all too
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

I hope you have a fabulous celebration weekend with your family!

So many of my favorite perfumes are associated with Ubu... decisions, decisions! I think it will be Aomassai today.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Friday 30 October

Mitsouko.

Happy birthday to Ubu and MonkeyManMatt! ubu, that is so weird that I dreamt about you last night, then find out that it's your birthday.

Soir, I'm sorry that you're having such an awful time. My thoughts are with you, your partner and her family.

You are right about the Amaranthine drydown. Like a middle eastern rice dessert. It is delicious.

Le Baiser du Dragon, nice and warm

Wow! You girls really know how to make a scented friend feel terrific! Jasper, Chaya, Mysticknot, Twolf, RHM, Soir, VM, a heartfelt thanks to you all...Tang, you took all the fat & calories out of those chocolate covered orangepeels right?! You know they're my favorite . Funny you dreamt about me Hebe, actually, I'm lucky if I can operate my cel phone!!!- I hope you receive your package soon! Was there ever a prettier cake than the one tdem painstakingly crafted for me? Delicious too! Hmmm, 'safe or sorry', lilybelle that picture is priceless! (we know Quarry's dad would approve!) Speaking of Quarry, girl you sure know how to live! Thanks for the party at sea! Really, presents from Taolady, compliments from Outlandish, and last but not least, sharing the sign of the Scorpion with potiron. I tell ya, turning 47 is A-Okay! Humble thanks to you all, and spritzes all around!

Joining tang in Aomassai!

Happy, Happy Birthday ubuandibeme! Have a super fantastic day and a fabulous birthday weekend!

And you too, MonkeyManMatt. Happy Birthday!

Bvlgari Black today.

Ubu, Happy Birthday to you!

MonkeyManMatt, Happy Birthday to you, too!

(((Sake))) and (((Soir))) -- thinking of you both.

Trying to ward off the latest round of germs and related that seems to have felled many around me this fall quarter. Going scentless today, as nothing appeals to me for some reason. But in a good mood, which is getting to be a rare thing indeed lately. Take care, all.

It's my uncle's funeral today and I'm having a massive panic attack and soooooo don't want to go. So I don't know if I want to wear any 'fume.

Yes please, Sakecat, free food, send some my way! Just no raw meat, pleez.

And Tao, this is wonderful advice.
    A little trick: pray for the Princess that she be given everything you want for yourself.
    I need to follow some of this, myself.

Warm, comforting hugs to ((((Soir.)))) Don't forget to cry when you need to.

Happy Birthday to you, Ubu!

Thanks for clarifying Tang's orange peels, I thought either ginger or sweet potato fries.

Ooh, it's Ubu's birthday! Hope you have a super day with lots of treats and smellies!
    I also am a total sucker for anything chocolate and orange...I found some orange cake with chocolate icing, mmmm

Last edited by Asha; 30th October 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I washed the Ageless stuff off.
    Now I'm wearing Trish McEnvoy #9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk edp.
    Much better!

Happy Birthday Ubu!!
    Happy Birthday MonkeyManMatt!

I have not picked a SOTD yet, I just wante to stop by early with birthday wishes
    Evenstar

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday UBU!!

Today I'm wearing Creed Aubepine-Acacia (thanks sucrose!)-- it is very different from anything I own and I'm enjoying its development. It's listed as a feminine scent but guys could wear this easily --maybe I'll spritz hubby with it tomorrow!

Happy Birthday, Joyful Ubu!! Wishing you everything wonderful. Here's a little of everything for you:

SotD is Kelly Caleche.

Scent for work tonight might be Amaranthine again after all.

Sake---I hope things swing in your direction very soon.

Soirdelune---thinking about you and wishing you lots of strength and patience
    Last edited by lovethescents; 30th October 2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

First of all, happy birthday dearest Ubu! I don't have pictures, but may I offer you one of these lame virtual ((((HUGS))) Hope you have a lovely day!

It seems that many of you are having a stressful time My sympathies, sincerely - these messages always seem so empty, but it's heart-breaking to read about bad days and worse misfortunes on here.

I was working from home today and must have channelled Ida because I wore another stonking amber, Ambre Sultan. Absolutely with abandon; loved it, felt sultry in it and a little bit mischievous. It's amazing and I adore it, but it's not a very polite perfume.

Happy Birthday Ubu!
    I had a great time out there tonight and dab a little Oud 27 as my night scent.

Happy birthday, Ubu!

Happy birthday, MonkeyManMatt!

Soie Rouge - MPG
    , from a sample.

Last edited by *dora*; 30th October 2009 at 07:00 PM.

RHM : The only thing worse that Ageless and Eau Flirt was the sexist, agist presentation given by their creator/promoter at Sniffapalooza.

Chaya: Yes, I can see the delectable Ambre Russe with Leonard Cohen. But really it must be MKK all the way with Leonard. Love you, dear.

Chamade perfume for me today. Could not resist giving it a full wear, even if the occassion and the clothing don't match.
    Evenstar

SotE, something comfy... Youth Dew Amber Nude...

Happy Birthday Ubu!!!

Cuir Beluga for me today
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Oh for the love of....
    Have to start remembering to check the birthday list.
    Can't believe I forgot to wish my Chicago Bureau Agent ubuandibeme a Happiest of Birthdays.
    I think you should go to Barney's and treat yourself to a city exclusive.
    See how I am with someone else's money?
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Gucci Envy

Notes: Hyacinth, Magnolia, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Violet, Iris (from sephora.com)

I have to be very honest. I do not smell anything like what is listed in the notes for Gucci Envy. When I first spray it, I smell something like waxed Granny Smith apples and plastic screechy florals. In the drydown I smell vestiges of the plastic top notes along with an extremely "perfumey" synthetic powder note and nondescript sweet musk. I can't say it is completely unpleasant, but here's what's really interesting about Envy...Envy smells like the fragrance counter at Macy's. In other words, it smells like a cloud of fragrance which is composed of countless spray-testing all the more recent fragrances available at a mid-level department store. This is the PURE ESSENCE OF MALL smell. I have to give some kudos for being able to bottle such a nebulous thing. It's definitely not for me, but I can understand the appeal.

Lolita Lempicka

Notes: Ivy Leaves, Aniseed, Amarena Heart, Violets, Iris Roots, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk (from sephora.com)

Lolita Lempicka is absolutely delicious upon first application--it is difficult to resist an accord of chocolate, caramelized sugar and licorice which is actually dry and a bit crisp, miles away from the typical heavy, sweet and edible vanilla gourmand. The foody notes are supported by green fruit and herbal notes which amazingly seem to evoke the sense of garden freshness and bitter roots with what are obviously synthetic ingredients. The base buzzes along on a big cloud of Iso E Super, but this is one composition where the Iso E works as a team member rather than a cheap one-dimensional filler. In the drydown, LL bears some similarities to Bulgari Black...makes sense given LL is composed by the same perfumer. LL has the same edgy vanilla-musk accord which makes BB stand out from the vanilla oriental crowd. Despite being marketed to women, I find Lolita Lempicka to be solidly unisex. LL is one of those stand-out fragrances that everybody should experience, even if you never consider adding it to your wardrobe.

Happy Birthday to those whose birthday it is today

Monsoon eau de toilette for me today, bit of a spicy/ sweet/ powdery treat.

DSquared^2 She Wood

Notes: lemon, jasmine, neroli, violet, heliotrope and musk, cedar, vetiver and vegetable amber (from www.nstperfume.com)

She Wood has to be one of the least pleasant fruity-floral-woody-oriental fragrances I have ever experienced. It has wet, aquatic notes up front that are like a combination of watermelon juice and ozone, made sour by something that reminds me of Jolly Rancher Green Apple candy. Next is a headache-inducing accord of dryer-sheet white florals blended with bitter wood notes and some spicy clove. Overall, She Wood is an absolutely nauseating fragrance that is full of jarring juxtapositions that all work against each other. This is a scrubber.

Woke up to the remnants of last nights Samsara bedscent. Spent the day in my current work favourite, Shalimar Light. Think I'll finish off the night with a bit of Opium extrait.

Happy Fall Bday Ubu

Today I'm wearing Malle Lipstick Rose I love how the rose maintians a dainty power note wilst sill becoming dark and medicinal
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Ineespenes, have fun tonight! Madrugada is great (though I did not know they had split up... pity), so I envy you a little.

Actually the concert is on sunday...with the vocalist of Madrugada( he's gone solo).I'm really looking forward to it! Yes,unfortunately Madrugada is history The lead Guitarist was found dead in his home about 2 years ago..and it didn't feel right to continue the band without him ( according to Sivert Høyem,the lead singer) So...sunday is a solo performance,but still great.

Picked L by Lempicka to go Trick-or-Treating in. My DS is driving me up the wall to go-go-go.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES