Code of Conduct

Thread: Givenchy Pi

Default Givenchy Pi

Givenchy Pi

It was a blind buy.

This eau de toilette is so amazing.

First time I sprayed this on me I said - ???!!!??? what the @$% is that. It was the first time I sprayed something similar, gourmand and sweet. it was smelling a bit like a vanilla milkshake.

Then 2-3 hours after, my wife told me : "hey honey, what is your perfume ? It's sooooooo good, I just want to bite you, I just want to eat you !"

This scent has something magic. Everytime I wear it I feel good. Often, before I to go to bed, I sprayed myself with this eau de toilette. I have better dream.

I don't want to wear this at the office. I don't know why ? But it's the kind of smell I like to wear during week-end with jeans and a white t-shirt.

I'm my country winter is around the corner, so this fragrance is perfect for colder days.

Default Re: Givenchy Pi

totaly not for the office! Pi is what most women like on men, that is my personal experience as well

Thumbs up Re: Givenchy Pi

This is one of those scents where a little goes a long way. I used it primarily for evening occasions but found it too sweet and cloying to be worn on a regular basis. All in all this is an excellent fragrance which gives a sexy intelligent vibe that women cant resist.

If you like Pi, try Jaipur. It's like Pi minus the synthetics and plus some subtle spice. I find it easier to wear, much more attractive, and highly versatile.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    totaly not for the office! Pi is what most women like on men, that is my personal experience as well
    I wear it to the office..

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    If you like Pi, try Jaipur. It's like Pi minus the synthetics and plus some subtle spice. I find it easier to wear, much more attractive, and highly versatile.
    I don't know guys. I may be a bit of a fragrance snob nowadays, but I remember buying bottles of both Pi and Jaipur in my early 30's (I just turned 39) and finding both of them to be too cloying and a bit one-dimensional for my tastes. Then again, I don't like overly sweet fragrances (Hanae Mori comes to mind - I have a terrible memory but I remember it smelling like a bowl of soggy Frosted Flakes with a hint of lemon juice - gross!)

- Brad
    Last edited by WindyCity1014; 30th October 2009 at 04:00 PM.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Pi is a little too sweet for me
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

It starts off very synthetic and plasticy. But after an hour it smells wonderful. Fantastic drydown!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Givenchy Pi

It was a blind buy.

This eau de toilette is so amazing.

First time I sprayed this on me I said - ???!!!??? what the @$% is that. It was the first time I sprayed something similar, gourmand and sweet. it was smelling a bit like a vanilla milkshake.

Then 2-3 hours after, my wife told me : "hey honey, what is your perfume ? It's sooooooo good, I just want to bite you, I just want to eat you !"

This scent has something magic. Everytime I wear it I feel good. Often, before I to go to bed, I sprayed myself with this eau de toilette. I have better dream.

I don't want to wear this at the office. I don't know why ? But it's the kind of smell I like to wear during week-end with jeans and a white t-shirt.

I'm my country winter is around the corner, so this fragrance is perfect for colder days.
    Pi is a rather nice fragrance, there is something comforting about wearing Pi and a warm woollen sweater.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I used to wear Pi a lot. But it's been almost 2 years since I've worn it. I dunno what happened, it just got too boring and linear.

I have worn this scent at one time or another everywhere.

the most linear scent i have, i mean i like it and all, but to me the drydown is almost the same as when you first spray it...(well maybe some woodsy notes here and there but still)

try out Joop Thrill Man, another nice vanilla based scent (its nothing like the original)

Basenotes Plus

I love sweet powdery scents but with a little more depth and character. Jaipur Homme rocks big time. Pi on the other hand is one dimensional so it gets boring really quick. But if the wife loves it, I'd say it's gold for you, my friend!