Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Saturday 31 October

Good morning!

One more day in SL Louve, this time for the Serge Lutens House Synchronization Day.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 31st October 2009 at 04:51 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Saturday 31 October

Good morning to all the wonderful ladies of Basenotes ! Happy Halloween my friends !

Dolce Vita for me ,yet again - the only scent that is agreeing with me right now ! Ain't that a surprise.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm wearing the last few spritz of Dior's J'adore.

Enjoy your Halloween, everyone.

Happy Halloween!!!

8 88 - CdG
    Wishlist is pointless.

BOO !

Hey, Vandair- 888, NOt 666 ????
    Just jokin'. That's a Safraleine fest you got goin' there. So pretty

I'm off to work, and am NOT allowed to scare anyone-
    So I'm playing it safe in Le Labo Jasmin 17, atop YR Jasmin Tendre body wash and lotion.

Hoping Sake , Soir, and so many others feel some relief from their woes.

May it be eerily lovely today...;-)

Chergui

For Serge Lutens House Synchronization Day

Happy (but belated) Birthday to dear Ubu I hope your day was wonderful
    and you will go on celebrating this weekend.

Happy Halloween/Happy Samhain!

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

BUM!

I had planned to wear Chergui today, for SSD, but I picked up my Ebay parcel of 1000 EdT from the post office yesterday (a steal at just £4.40!), and in my exuberance covered myself from head to toe in it this morning!

Shame! (I do smell lovely, though )

Chaya, I love the sound of your jasmine-y layering ... delightful.

Have a wonderful weekend dear Basenotes chums.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Are we synchronizing today or not? I am in SL Arabie, one of the few (3-4?) SL fragrances that move me. Sorry, all Chergui fans, Douce Amere fans and Daim Blond fans.

We have carved two Jack-o-Lanterns, Mr.T used the template provided by tang's link and I drew my own scary face (look at this wording here! ). He also started digging into the candy dish putting the wrappers right back, we do not know what to expect in terms of Trick-or-Treaters' numbers.

And the last -- your Scary Movie quiz, some might find it amuzing, I scored 8:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...uiz/index.html
    Last edited by Twolf; 31st October 2009 at 09:44 AM.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Serge Lutens Gris Clair for House Synchronization Day. Happy Halloween!

Notes include lavender, ash, amber, tonka bean, iris, and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A second day in the sexy, sultry, stinky and wonderful Ambre Sultan. I would have worn this even without the sync day

Have a great Saturday and Halloween everyone!

Forgot the Synchro Day!!!

Anycase, TF Black Orchid for me...

Dimitri, I WEEP at the beauty of that bottle ...
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

It was a swltering 30+ degrees in Melbourne today, all those lucky people at the races had a day of sunshine!

Switched between L'Occitane Verbena and Dior Escale a Portofino today
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Roberto Capucci R de Capucci this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 31 October

GRIS CLAIR

SERGE LUTENS

Notes : iris, tonka bean, amber, lavender and woodsy notes.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

TRICK 'R TREAT!!!!

But it's going to EIGHTY ONE today...so the last few PRESHUS drops of.....

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good morning all and HAPPY HALLOWEEN for those who celebrate. Halloween is a very new tradition in Norway,but we (me,the bf and his son) are visiting some friend's house so the kids can go Trick or Treating together. For Scent Synchronication day I'm in SL A' la nuit. Really love this scent and it's now on my wishlist!!!

Here in the deep, deep south, where I am visiting, it is hot and humid. Luckily I have a small vial of Fire Island in my toiletries bag. Perfect.

Bois de Violette, probably my favorite SL of all. Not that I wouldn't do just about anything to obtain a FB of La Myrrhe....

Working only til noon today, then a rare treat of lunch with my daughter, my Dad, and an adoptive brother (at least in my heart). Trick or treating later with my 2 Ninja grandsons, who decided they aren't Power rangers any more since they outgrew last year's costumes.

Ya'll have a great weekend! :wave:
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

For "Lutens' Day" I'm joining Riannon in some Chergui (and thank you for the b-day wishes! Thanks also to Divatologist, Gary & Haunani!)
    Tonight, I'll be switching to Serge Noire. I think Serge Noire might be an acquired taste - lucky for me, I've acquired it!!!!

Hey, Taolady - did you really get yourself some new wheels???

Happy Halloween everybody!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 31st October 2009 at 12:05 PM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

For House Synchronization Day:

Morning:
    Arabie - Serge Lutens

Evening:
    Muscs Khoublai Khan
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Haaaaaaaapppppppppy Halloweeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!

Going to bed after a really scary night at work with people much sicker than usual. Will share this morning's popular Gris Clair with so many of you ;-)

Hey, do you hear about the new PG Papyrus de Ciane? Described as green, mossy and creamy. Can't wait to try that.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Wearing a sample of Fémininité du Bois for SSD.

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thanks for reminding me, Lessa. I'm wearing Rousse, but just pulled out my 1/3-full 1ml vial of Bois de Violette. Exquisite!

I find SL's florals painfully beautiful. Bois de Violette, A La Nuit, Un Lys strike me as so pure and strong that I find it hard to wear them. But "visiting" them offers fleeting moments of rapture.

I used to own Feminite du Bois, but [don't start hurling stones] got bored with it. As I smell BdV, I appreciate that its injection from the garden imparts an extra dimension to the FdB formula.

But, back to Rousse. Before I refresh my memory with online info, I'll venture to say it contains tempered incense and spice and a woody note. "Tempered" is always the key for me when it comes to incense and spice. It doesn't take much from these categories to burn my nose hairs. Heat registers very quickly in my schnoz, and my head throws back to evade the burn. Okay, checking reviews: Yep, BNers are complaining it's too soft, "isn't full bodied and complex," "doesn't excite me," "mellow," "unobtrusive." Hee-hee-hee. That's why Q can tolerate it.

I have a blotter sprayed with A La Nuit and another with Fleurs de Citronnier. ALN is rich, dense, clarified, filtered, polished jasmine—a yardstick by which others could be gauged. I'm coming to appreciate having blotters perched near my computer. I'm going to love smelling ALN every time I catch a whiff of it. It was just too opulent to apply to one's person at 7:30 in the morning.

FdC borders on revolting for me. There's good sweet and bad sweet, and FdC smells like a sugar-coated bar of orange-blossom, triple-milled soap. I like the smell of sugar, orange blossom and fine French soap, but not all at once.

Depending on the whims of international postal workers, a sample of Vetiver Oriental may arrive here someday from a special somebody . Oriental is my rockiest scent category, but if lovely vetiver holds my hand, perhaps I can traverse into it. Reviewers using the words green, powdery, soft, creamy, give me hope that VO may work for me.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    ....Hey, Taolady - did you really get yourself some new wheels???.....
    I sure did. For any who missed it...

...and it really IS that bright orange...so's I can find it in the parking lot!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

One of my fav SL's:

Basenotes Plus

TaoLady, congrats on the car! Good for you. Enjoy!

Joining in Serge Lutens House Sync Day with the spice- and fruit-laden marvel that is Arabie.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

For Serge Lutens House Synchronization Day, I'm wearing one of my favorites Bois de Violette!

happy is the bleu heart<3

It was hard to choose which Serge to wear today ... decided on Cuir Mauresque.

Taolady, your car is soooo cute!

Happy Halloween everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    I sure did. For any who missed it...

...and it really IS that bright orange...so's I can find it in the parking lot!
    Fabulous, Taolady! Congratulations! What a beauty! You are driving my dream wheels - color and all. I'm always losing my car in the parking lot, and a vivid color like that makes perfect sense to me. Plus, it's fun. Drive it good health and may you always be kept safe and sound while you're in it.

SL sychronizing with Ambre Sultan. I forgot how nice this is.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I've joined Lessa in wearing Bois de Violette today, from a little sample. Ahhh....

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Agreeing with Lilybelle again—dream car, Taolady. Proving once again that T has excellent taste and fine smarts. I always imagine highly visible cars get run into less often.
    Lilybelle, a car that color wouldn't stand out in the school parking lot though.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Agreeing with Lilybelle again—dream car, Taolady. Proving once again that T has excellent taste and fine smarts. I always imagine highly visible cars get run into less often.
    Lilybelle, a car that color wouldn't stand out in the school parking lot though.
    Good point, knowing me I might drive off in a mini bus instead!

SL Un Bois Sepia today. Working on seriously tossing junk from my upstairs storage closet. WHY in the world did I keep some of this crap? Time to simplify, simplify, & organize.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

None of my Lutens are scary enough
    to go along my Spiderella costume
    for this evening so today I'm wearing
    Voleur de Roses --- well, maybe
    Tubéreuse Criminelle would have done the 'trick'
    but even I can't stand that on myself LOL
    Happy Halloween everyone!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Tried Terre D'hermes by Hermes in the morning. Fabulous!
    Scent twin with Dimitri, I wore Vol de Nuit to see "This is it"
    I will catch up on the Serge Lutens sync tonight, before that I will have a sip of wine.

Serge Lutens Chergui for a sunny autumn day.
    Last edited by tang; 31st October 2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Burberry, Brit

I started with Parfums 06130 Lentisque, but will change to Chergui for Halloween night.

Iris Silver Mist, Lutens' most enigmatic scent

Happy belated birthday to ubu! Happy Halloween everyone!
    I wore my Nahema sample this morning, thank you Twolf.
    Now I am wearing Arabie.
    I am not doing anything for Halloween and I am sad. So Imaybe 'll wear something scarry later, like Norma Kamali Incense perfume.

Basenotes Institution

Mint (Series 1: Leaves) by Comme des Garcons

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    ...Hey, do you hear about the new PG Papyrus de Ciane? Described as green, mossy and creamy. Can't wait to try that.
    Doesn't it sound great? Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandish View Post
    ...Working on seriously tossing junk from my upstairs storage closet. WHY in the world did I keep some of this crap? Time to simplify, simplify, & organize.
    I need to do this, too. Finding the time to get it done is the hard part. I suppose I could give up Basenotes.

Nah.

I'm complying with Scent Synchronization today. It's rather hard for a girl who has trouble with Lutens fragrances. On the left hand, I have Un Bois Sepia. I had high hopes for this one, but the woods get all harsh on me. I had the same experience with Bois de Violette. On the right hand I have Arabie. I actually like this one, but more as a novelty than one I would actually wear. Maybe for Thanksgiving.

Tonight, we're going out to dinner. I will wear Chergui, one that I do love!

Wishing you all a fine weekend.

I'm in Chergui today.

Ubu, how the HECK did I miss your birthday?!?!?

PM me so I can decide whether you're more in need of smelly treats, baked goods, or both. Ah, hell, who am I kidding? PM me so I can better figure out which of each to send you.

Quarry, What a GREAT car!!! Drive safely and in style, girlfriend.

SoTD is the swoon-worthy Robert Piguet Baghari , thanks to a sample from the glorious Brielle to keep me sane while I save for a FB. This is the third of fourth frag that the male SA at Colonial Drug has recommended to me, that I tried in the store and was underwhelmed with, only to fall... HARD... for it later. The others I remember were Caron's Tabac Blond and one of the old school Guerlains.

For Trick or Treating tonight, dear daughter and I are going out as "psychedelic M&Ms": Bright tie-dyed t-shirts from a recent family celebration, with "m"s in white electrical tape, white wrist-length gloves, lots of mascara, and bright neon tights (hers are fuscia, mine are electric blue).

For fragrance this evening, I will be living up to Lutens Scent Synchronization Day in Filles en Aiguilles / Fitting, since the M&Ms apparently wear heels, so DD and I will be, too.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Saturday 31 October

Guerlain's Nahema.

Wishing a happy halloween to all who celebrate it! We are having a very very quiet evening (fingers crossed), and hoping that the doorbell and fireworks won't wake my darling girl, who has seen fit to wake at 3ish every morning for the last few days.

Nice car Taolady!

I am in Timbuktu. I adore this one stupidly, it is as much a state of mind as a perfume.

Joining alba in Iris Silver Mist, one of the few SL samples I own. I've never gotten around to really exploring SL scents as they are not readily available to me unless I blind-purchase samples online. But ISM is a gem of a scent for certain.

Taolady, what a fantastic car. Enjoy!

Happy Halloween, all -- and take care!

Just twigged that it's ScentSync day....rully good excuse for

...with gratitude to MizMouse for this wonderful gift.

Voleur de Roses, dark enough for Halloween.
    This is one of those scents that I don't wear often and after a long while
    give it whirl and remember how much I enjoy it.
    Hubby calls it "exotic"
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

SotE = Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens for SSD.

This one is like dark syrup and nutty praline liqueur, stirred with some twigs. It's perfect for Halloween night, sweet & dark.

Lilybelle, congratulations on your 3000 posts!

SotE, Kenzo Amour... Amazing scent, really to fall in love with...

Serge Lutens Daim Blond

Notes: Iris Pallida, apricot kernel, cardamom from Ceylon, musk, heliotrope, hawthorn (from luckyscent.com)

Daim Blond is an oriental leather scent--very modern, soft, almost edible and really unlike many leathers which tend to be a dry green-gray chypre type of fragrance. Accompanying the leather accord, DB starts with balanced boozy sweetness from apricot fruit, soft, buttery florals and an almond note. The apricot-leather combination is evocative of other leathery fragrances which use osmanthus flower (Parfums d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite, The Different Company Osmanthus), but the accord in DB is deeper and more mellow while maintaining delicacy and weightlessness. In the mid notes, DB becomes more woody and nutty, with a saltiness that gives an impression of popcorn and salted cashews. As this salty accord develops, it becomes increasingly like the sensual salty skin scent which occurs after fresh sweat dries. The salty, buttery and nutty notes persist into the base, which is composed of sweet musk and Iso E Super. Overall, DB has moderate sillage and longevity, and is somewhat linear in development--as such I suggest sampling for a while before buying, in case DB's linear nature becomes boring. Its softness makes it suitable for men or women. Generally, though, Daim Blond is a very enjoyable fragrance that charms with subtleness and grace.

Congratulations, Tao on your fun and delightful car!

Slept for about 2 hours only. How will I make it through another night?????? Will share the bottle with Lilybelle and wear Un Bois Vanille ;-)

Hebe, I hope you have a restful sleep and that your daughter does the same!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan

Notes: civet, castoreum, costus roots, cumin, labdanum, Moroccan rose, ambergris, ambrette seeds, beeswax, vanilla and patchouli (from nstperfume.com)

Musc Kublai Khan starts as an animalic one-two-three punch, rife with large doses of civet, castoreum and indolic floral notes. The opening is incredibly intoxicating: the civet lends a fecal edge verging on sweet; the leathery castoreum smells of rootbeer and bitter plant tonics; and the indolic notes balance the first two with a vanillic "wet cardboard" quality which adds some dimension and uniformity to the opening accord. I suspect there is also some honey or blackcurrant bud, as there is a slight urinous edge as well. Sadly, this amazing animalic orchestra begins to fade very quickly, allowing the honey/blackcurrant bud note take on a piercing quality. I presume this is the "dirty underwear" accord many people seem to find in MKK. The much maligned cumin comes out a bit later in the middle development as MKK rounds out and starts to smell slightly more leathery and skin-like. I must say, so far MKK ALMOST holds up to the skankiest vintage fragrances I have tried such as Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles extrait or Dana Tabu. Actually, I find MKK to be considerably cleaner smelling than those great classics. This is reinforced by the fact that, to my nose, the base is a soapy white musk blended with a vanilla-prominent amber. Generally speaking, the older formulae I have tried seem to have warmth and character which MKK lacks. Still, MKK is an extremely well-composed, smooth oriental which carries forth an established tradition using modern ingredients--one could do a whole lot worse. Highly recommended.

Congratulations, Taolady!

( I must also buy a new car soon,
    although I would prefer not to pay all that money at the moment... )

I am in Ambre Sultan, today.

Winter is here, at last!

Happy Halloween!!!!
    Douce Amere by day
    Serge Noire by night
    Evenstar