Code of Conduct

Thread: I tried Brut

Default I tried Brut

After a long time, I tried Brut aftershave. It is great! There is an EDT version, but I don't think it is available in Croatia.

Brut lovers, please tell me, how good is the sillage and longveity of Brut aftershave?

Tnx in advance

Default Re: I tried Brut

I tried a relative's Brut, and it had a sickly/chemical candy-like smell. That was a year or so ago. I'm afraid to try it again due to the outrageous sillage/longevity.

In the summer I bought a bottle of Brut "splash on lotion" - not sure if that is EDT concentration but it is very persistent. It does smell quite good.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

It is a classic. Did not try it on my skin though. It is an aftershave (no atomizer), but I think it is a nice classic for a casual daily wear

I would love to find the EDT too, since only the aftershave is being sold in my country.

my father got the 7 oz splash on lotion bottle.. dont know if that edt or not lol..

but anyway, not my type of scent, it smells kinda sweet in the beginning but there is this note that i jsut cant stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I would love to find the EDT too, since only the aftershave is being sold in my country.
    well, basically there is internet, but hardly one could find EDT in stores. Have to try this on skin first, I only opened the bottle and smelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    my father got the 7 oz splash on lotion bottle.. dont know if that edt or not lol..

but anyway, not my type of scent, it smells kinda sweet in the beginning but there is this note that i jsut cant stand
    moguće, možda se to dogodi i meni samom. Otvorio sam bočicu, pomirisao i svidlio mi se...a kako će djelovati na koži, to bumo tek vidli, hvala bogu pa je jeftin

haha pa sigurno..

jesil probao Encre Noir od Lalique?

Nisam probao, kakav je? Jel dostupan u normalnim prodavaonicama?

Ah nisam ga kupijo jos, ali cuo sam dobre stvrari za ovog ovdije na sajtu...mislio sam da ga ti mozda imas

Vidio sam upravo dobre komentare za njega na ˝pun miris˝. Imam wardrobe ikonu pa mo moš vidit kaj imam, kaj želim probat, kaj sam probao i kaj bih htio imati Al si me ponukao da malo prosurfam o njem, definitivno ću ga probati ako ga ima kod nas u Zg

kad probas, reci mi kakoje je bijo

I had the Brut bath pack in high school. During swimming class, I could smell it in the water as I backstroked past. Seriously.

I really like Brut too, but was never that happy with the longevity of the aftershave, the body splash or the cologne. Some six years ago I bought a bottle of the EDT which had just come back on the market, and it didn't last that long either - only gave me the good strong Brut smell I wanted for about 3 or 4 hours.

Fortunately I came across bottles of Fred Hayman Touch for Men going even cheaper than Brut down here, and it smells very much like Brut EDT, but lasts a lot longer.
    Renato

Fougeres are hard to do--at least do well.

I smell the Eau de Cologne Spray and Aftershave splash from time to time when I'm at the grocery store. I still think it smells great just not something that would suit me. I think I'd wear it exclusively once I hit retirement.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

A very nice smelling classic fougere, on its own, but one which young persons nowadays will term "old man", "grand-dad", etc. Best suited to people who are sure of themselves and their taste. I, for one, love Brut, and will always wear it and have it my wardrobe.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Thank you people All in all it is not bad, need to try it on skin though. Doesn't smell cheap at all...

Right, well I will have me say on the subject!

The splash on lotion is the cheapest. You are MEANT to use a lot of it for it to last (hence why it's cheap). The aftershave, also a splash on, is much more persistant than the splash on so requires far less applicated. The EDT has a spray and needs only a small amount. All three have great longevity IMHO and smell great.

I recommend those who like Brut should get hold of a can of the Brut anti-perspirant as that will literally last all day once sprayed under the arms. The deo also lasts a good while too. I use these particular Brut offerings for work and they really do the trick.

As for the Brut image... well in the UK I find it has had a jump in popularity, even with the younger people, and women seem to really like it. My girlfriend is 23 (7 years my junior) and when I first wore it she used to love it. She never knew it was Brut but when she eventually found out, she was like "eeeeuuuuwww!!!". It's a sad attitude to have but she is now used to the concept and agrees it's actually a very nice scent.

So I guess the moral is, lads, wear Brut but don't tell the women (or men if that's your thing) what it is you're wearing, and you're onto a winner!

PS. I highly recommend people seek out the other products in the Brut range... particularly Brut Oceans and Brut Musk (deos)... both are actually very good, especially Oceans!!
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

Certain fragrances are a rites of passage and when you try them you can look yourself in the mirror and call yourself a MAN. Brut is one of those fragrances. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1979 View Post
    Right, well I will have me say on the subject!

The splash on lotion is the cheapest. You are MEANT to use a lot of it for it to last (hence why it's cheap). The aftershave, also a splash on, is much more persistant than the splash on so requires far less applicated. The EDT has a spray and needs only a small amount. All three have great longevity IMHO and smell great.

I recommend those who like Brut should get hold of a can of the Brut anti-perspirant as that will literally last all day once sprayed under the arms. The deo also lasts a good while too. I use these particular Brut offerings for work and they really do the trick.

As for the Brut image... well in the UK I find it has had a jump in popularity, even with the younger people, and women seem to really like it. My girlfriend is 23 (7 years my junior) and when I first wore it she used to love it. She never knew it was Brut but when she eventually found out, she was like "eeeeuuuuwww!!!". It's a sad attitude to have but she is now used to the concept and agrees it's actually a very nice scent.

So I guess the moral is, lads, wear Brut but don't tell the women (or men if that's your thing) what it is you're wearing, and you're onto a winner!

PS. I highly recommend people seek out the other products in the Brut range... particularly Brut Oceans and Brut Musk (deos)... both are actually very good, especially Oceans!!
    I've been expecting you Indeed Brut has this negative image among crowd...

my boss wears it (a lot apparently) and i smell it all day on him
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I've been expecting you Indeed Brut has this negative image among crowd...

It certainly has a negative image, but it's apparently still in the top 3 biggest sellers in the UK (so I've read somewhere) and considering advertising for it is virtually ZERO these days, that speaks volumes. Imagine a bit of rebranding and good advertising and where it could go today...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Certain fragrances are a rites of passage and when you try them you can look yourself in the mirror and call yourself a MAN. Brut is one of those fragrances. Lol
    FACT! lol
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle, cKBe & cK1

Brut is a Classic, But like all frags it has to look and smell good on YOU. not every one can get away with this one (think Joe Namath) but if you can it's a nice scent

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1979 View Post
    ...I recommend those who like Brut should get hold of a can of the Brut anti-perspirant as that will literally last all day once sprayed under the arms. The deo also lasts a good while too. I use these particular Brut offerings for work and they really do the trick...
    I can agree with this.

At my old gym, one guy used to always apply some Brut deodorant, during his post-shower grooming routine and the entire locker room smelled of Brut for the entire time I got dressed. Incredibly tenacious stuff.

If I remember correctly, Polo deodorant is the same way.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 1st November 2009 at 06:43 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I used to use Brut deodorant but I never really liked it.

I picked up one of the Unilever Brut glass bottles with yellow juice recently and I really enjoy it though it does disappear too quickly. It's soapier than the deodorant, I think. I find it similar to Dunhill (1934).

Had to join in and will be putting on some Brut in a just awhile. Hands down my favorite everyday scent.

The "negative image" stuff I really don't care about anymore since the "positive image" stuff seems an equally absurd concern for me at this point in my life. If it smell good on you, it smells good.

I got it on now. I put the APS on this morning at 7am and it was still pretty noticable at 6pm when I got in from work and showered. It's ace.

I now have the splash on and will be trying it out on 'er indoors in a bit!!