Code of Conduct

Default Any other frags like TdH and The Dreamer?

They are really ones I have defined as "me". I had 3 boxes of fragrances that mostly smell nice and are of good quality, but I find these two ethereal dreamlike scents are most like myself. I feel most comfortable as well wearing them, kind of like a favorite t-shirt.

Thanks!

Default Re: Any other frags like TdH and The Dreamer?

read that people recommend Lalique - Encre Noire if you like Terre d'Hermes, and for the dreamer i dunno, maybe Chanel's Egoiste Platinum or something (never smelled dreamer)

Have you tried the Un Jardin line from Hermes?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    read that people recommend Lalique - Encre Noire if you like Terre d'Hermes, and for the dreamer i dunno, maybe Chanel's Egoiste Platinum or something (never smelled dreamer)
    I have Chanel's EP. Its ok but I'm not crazy about it. I'm looking for things kind of...whimsical.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Have you tried the Un Jardin line from Hermes?

No but I have heard it is good from people who like it. Its hard for me to find Hermes frags in retail stores to sample them around here.

These are two very different fragrances, Pappy. Like you, I love them both.
    Trying to think of similar ones is difficult... you could try layering a little Le Male with a little D&G PH to approximate The Dreamer. Terre d'Hermes is more problematic because it is so unique. I don't think Lalique's Encre Noire comes anywhere close because it is predominantly vetiver and has nothing of the orange, pepper, cedar combo of TdH, not to forget the flint/iron filings which fascinate me. You might like Lalique Equus, if it's the cedar note you like. Or perhaps L'anarchiste if it's the orange. Layering the two might be interesting!