Code of Conduct

Default Winter Scent gift for the WIfe

So I'm looking to buy a woodsy/smokey sweet/fruity scent for the wife to wear for the rest of fall and winter. She currently owns only one perfume which was also a gift from me ( eh cool water ) and I'm looking to peak her interest more in perfume. Now that its freezing cold she doesnt want to wear the CW and I certainly don't blame her.

At the moment I'm about 24h from ordering her a 1.7oz bottle of "Feminite Du Bois" but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone felt there are some better options? I've also been considering maybe the Dolce Vita as I've read thats a similar scent and they are actually still producing this one..... would hate to ger her hooked on a discontinued scent

Any other suggestions much appreciated or if you'd like feel free to confirm for me that the Feminite Du Bois would make a good blind buy for her

Default Re: Winter Scent gift for the WIfe

Blind buys are always risky, but I love FdB, and I'm not always crazy for woody scents. This one is special, though. I hope you get some good suggestions from fans of woody scents. Check out Haunani's thread, too. http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=238798 There are loads of recommendations there for you to read up on. Good luck! Aren't you a nice husband to buy perfume for your wife!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 1st November 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Feminite du Bois is pretty awesome, but it is very much still in production, it's just changed houses from Shiseido to Serge Lutens.

Chanel Bois des Iles is a great sweet woody feminine perfume. If I was in your position, this would be my pick.

Good luck!

Wow lilybelle that thread is stacked, thanks for the link! Though I wonder if I'll be even more torn after researching each scent a lil more

Nwatt where can I purchase the Bois des Iles? Mostly looking to purchase online however my budget demands I keep this buy under 100 and the only place I see this is chanels website for 200 large - YIKES!