Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 2 November

Good morning!

Starting the week in good ole Comme des Garçons EdP - "a perfume that works like a medicine and behaves like a drug"

Have a marvy Monday, all!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 2nd November 2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug + fixed the date
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Monday 2 November

Hi everyone !
    Today I tried Estee by EL, I re sampled Sensuous and now I am continuing the Estee Lauder trend with Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia . Bursting gardenia from every pore ,so it seems ! Heavenly !

Have a good one folks !
    HUGS to all who may need one or many !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 2nd November 2009 at 05:30 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 2 November

:bounce::bounce::bounce:Happy Monday everyone:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Jean - Paul Guerlain ' s

VETIVER

TOP NOTES
    bergamot, coriander, lemon, mandarin, and neroli
    MIDDLE NOTES
    vetiver and cedar wood
    BASE NOTES
    tobacco, walnuts, pepper, and Tonka bean
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent - Opium pour Homme EDP.

Top Notes: Star Aniseed, Blackcurrant
    Middle Notes: Chinese Galanga, Szechwan Pepper
    Base Notes: Fresh Bourbon Vanilla, Tolu Balm, Atlas Cedar

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Idylle again
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Good morning all Yesterday's concert was great( and I got a place right in the front ) The exhibition was a nice experience too.I've now seen a few very known norwegian artists' work for real.Today is the first day of a studyweek. We get feedback on what we've done so far on the project....So hope it's good!! Sotd is Musc Ravageur.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 2nd November 2009 at 07:36 AM.

Nice one Ines!
    Tigs, I have been pondering a bottle of CDG original for ages, but I own Idole de Lubin - do I need both or should I wait till I've used up my Idole? What do you think?

Today I have bypassed Chergui for the first time since buying it (yes, I like it THAT much!). Since I am on a diet (groan) I have gone for Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille, my favourite vanilla for cold weather. I have never dared to try it in heat - I think I can safely say it would be waaaaaaaay too much! But right now, what if wafting gently out of the front of my checked flannel shirt is heavenly. Some feel the boozy quality is too much, but it's part of what I adore about this fragrance.

To me this smells like the really good vanilla extract (extrait?) I bake with. Back home we can now easily buy a bottle of what appears to be tincture of vanilla, as opposed to the vanilla flavouring we had when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s. Here in Switzerland I haven't found any, so I keep a Lakeland catalogue handy. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/vanilla-ex...illa%20extract

And in a stunning Non Sequitur: yesterday we went for a walk in the woods near our house and the kitten joined us. Small was very excited this morning to go and tell her friends in school that she took her cat for a walk. She is desperate for a dog, but is starting to come around to the possibility that a cat might be OK. (He stubbornly refuses to fetch sticks though.)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Tigs, I have been pondering a bottle of CDG original for ages, but I own Idole de Lubin - do I need both or should I wait till I've used up my Idole? What do you think?
    Well, my motto could be "when in doubt, make a purchase" and CdG is one of my soulmate scents so...

But seriously, though I'm not that familiar with Idole, my impression of it is a bit boozy and fruity. CdG is much drier and spicier, has more burn, so I don't see how one could take the place of the other.

Testing today:

Left arm-Dior Addict
    Right arm- Dior Addict eau fraiche

Have loved the original for some time. I can see the family resemblance, but the fraiche without the hit of vanilla is sorely lacking to my nose.

Basenotes Plus

Mauboussin edp. Perfect for this dreary, chill Monday. I'll need a full bottle of this when I finish the mini.

Have a good day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wordbird,
    my cat used to fetch small balls and socks.
    She was thrilled when I threw one for her to catch.

It is a cold and grey day, here, so I chose Tam Dao

PRADA AMBER POUR HOMME

Dora, I'm trying to teach my cat how to turn her oral fixation into actual fetching - did yours do it naturally or was some training involved? A fetching cat seems like an awfully nice talking point

M7 today - it's niiice. Me liking it is a no-brainer, since it fits right in with the dry-ish woody orientals I can't get enough of. Still: niiiice.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I'm not sure when it happened but somewhere recently life sped up on me. It seems like there are so many things going on at the moment that I just careen from one thing to another. The good thing is they are all good things the bad thing is I'm just not finding enough time in a day to check off everything on my "to-do" list,

I'm starting the work week with another of the new Tom Fords

Tom Ford Private Blend Urban Musk

Those who read my reviews know I frequently kvetch about the name of perfumes that don't match the juice in the bottle. Hold on here we go again. Tom Ford released four new Private Blends in 2009 as the White Musk Collection. White Suede smells like leather and musk, Jamine Musk smells like jasmine and musk, and Pure Musk while not as strong as I might want smells like musk. What would you think Urban Musk should smell like? Does a barnyard conjure up images of a concrete jungle to you? Apparently to Tom Ford it does as the central accord here is akin to that same barnyard accord that is found in L'Artisan Dzing! and if you like that accord you should try Urban Musk because it is enough different than Dzing! to be worth giving a sniff. The top of Urban Musk starts with a jasmine and pepper zing. This gives way to a combination of ambrette, cumin and musk which puts me right in the center of the urban barnyard. I find this accord pleasant in small doses and the first few times I tried Urban Musk I over-sprayed and it lasted too long for my taste. With a little lighter application I found the barnyard to be a shorter lasting trip and thus more pleasant, to me. The base finishes with a mix of honey, benzoin and incense which gives off a light and airy sweetness overall at the end. Urban Musk has slightly below average longevity when sprayed with restraint and slightly above average longevity when sprayed with normal abandon. although as mentioned above I found the experience to be very different for me depending on the number of sprays I used. The sillage on Urban Musk is modest, as well. When properly applied I like Urban Musk but from now on I'm referring to it as Rural Musk.

Have a Magnanimous Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Went out for a friend's birthday dinner and cocktails at a great bar in the city, with a HUGE cocktails list and very knowledgeable staff. I was ogling a 2006 bottle of Bollinger which cost just under a fortnight's salary for me, crazy!

Spent the evening in Agent Provocateur Maitress
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Dip in temps is justification for the sheer delight of....

...not overwhelming for ayem's Tai Chi. (Did I tell you my instructor said they are "looking at me for teaching"!!! MY GOAL!! MY DREAM!!! :bounce
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

SMM, maybe TF Urban Musk is the smell of an urban zoo!

I'm testing Violetta di Parma by Borsari, which I've wanted to do forever.

Have a good Monday! It's All Souls' Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ...not overwhelming for ayem's Tai Chi. (Did I tell you my instructor said they are "looking at me for teaching"!!! MY GOAL!! MY DREAM!!! :bounce
    That is terrific, Taolady! I'm so pleased for you!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd November 2009 at 11:44 AM.

Baldufita...I'm rooting for you, lady !
    Evangeline- Welcome !
    Pomander- I missed you, too- and Brielle, Com Diva, SMM, et al.
    Soir- many hugs to you and yours . MWAH.

Yay, Tao !

Couldn't post yesterday- worked 14 hours with 3 emergencies, 3 sick calls [ I was sick enough to 'call out', but didn't.. ], all kinds of crazy.
    Wore Mythique at work, and Emotionelle [Del Rae] to bed.

Just trying to stay positive.
    As long as I don't develop pneumonia, I'm goood.

I discovered that a dear, longtime friend was admitted to my unit [ TRUST ME- you NEVER want to be on my unit ! ] with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
    I have cared for too many of my dear ones; this woman is a total hard-a**, and as soon as she saw my face, she crumpled....SO vulnerable, unable to walk.
    [I don't want to be intrusive, but if she's hungry, or has any cravings, I'll cook and come in to help...]

Perhaps I'll wear a Lizzie today- Underworld,.

Make it good, dear ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    ...Couldn't post yesterday- worked 14 hours with 3 emergencies, 3 sick calls [ I was sick enough to 'call out', but didn't.. ], all kinds of crazy.
    Wore Mythique at work, and Emotionelle [Del Rae] to bed.

Just trying to stay positive.
    As long as I don't develop pneumonia, I'm goood.

I discovered that a dear, longtime friend was admitted to my unit [ TRUST ME- you NEVER want to be on my unit ! ] with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
    I have cared for too many of my dear ones; this woman is a total hard-a**, and as soon as she saw my face, she crumpled....SO vulnerable, unable to walk.
    [I don't want to be intrusive, but if she's hungry, or has any cravings, I'll cook and come in to help...]

Perhaps I'll wear a Lizzie today- Underworld,.

Make it good, dear ones.
    Chaya, what a difficult & emotionally wrenching job you have. Sending you a huge (((hug))) for the work you do in easing others' pain. Please don't forget to take care of you, too!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd November 2009 at 12:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Lilybelle- you new avatar is beautiful and I bet you smell wonderful in violets too !
    Chaya - yes, look after yourself - you do a very admirable job ! *HUGS*

I am still fumin' it up with E L PC Tuberose Gardenia today...just thinking of all my Basenotes friends and I had to post again !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 2nd November 2009 at 12:11 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Cuba from a sample today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

India Hicks Spider Lily - Crabtree & Evelyn
    Wishlist is pointless.

House twins with Tao today, in YR Iris Noir. So far I've enjoyed most of the YR scents I've sampled, and have found some of them to be quite nice (especially for the price point). I have a larger bottle of Voile D'Ambre on the way.

Other than that, I am struck with the repeating thought of "Holy CRAP, it's Monday already?".

Congrats to Tao... Welcome to Evangeline... and (((hugs))) to those who need them.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Tao, we all do -- looking at you for teaching and example -- we all do.

RHM and Queen of Green, thanks for your explanations of your new avatars. In HotMama's picture I love the mushrooms on the border, in Q's avatar I like how she interprets the three circles on the background.

Wordie, did you know that some dogs never play fetch? Mine never did.

In Prive di La Perla. Crave this opulent osmanthus blend once in a while. Be good!

Needed something huggy this morning, so I'm wearing Cuir de Lancome. It's been months since I picked this one up. My eldest grandson David, 6, has a "huggy blankie". I guess perfumes do that for me

Comdiva, please tell us that you will post Halloween pics!

Chaya, hang in there!

((30 Roses)) - Thanks!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

FM Une Rose

Cristalle EDT for me today.

Andy Tauer's Le Maroc pour Elle today.
    One of my faves from his line.

Racing around....hope to say more later.

(((hugs))) to everyone - whether you need it or not.....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Today, something skin-like for me... Luanda by InFine Maison du Parfumeur...

Thanks for all the best wishes... It means the world to me...

A.

Hello everyone, and thanks again to all for making me feel so welcome here!

Twolf - I agree, that Prive is so beautiful! I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention. There's a seller on eBay who has 1.7oz bottles (testers with caps) for $15 with no extra shipping, so I have it backed-up well should it ever go away. It reminds me of one of my all-time favorites, the Original Calvin Klein for Women, long discontinued.

I'm in Scherrer II today, and I absent-mindedly lavished myself so I'm in an absolute cloud of it! I'm sure that's why the cats are keeping their distance.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I'm leaning on the universe to have things go your way, Taolady. And I am powerful, like bull. (closest I could come to tai chi smiley)

((Chaya)) We hug you and hold you up so you can face and do things that few of us could ever do.

I'm feeling feisty this morning, not argumentative but confident and forthright. Maybe it's the new avatar. Today the queen will have Mitsouko.

Adore all of you, my dears, and all your pets and your SotD stories.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thank you, your royal Q-ness ;-)

I'm just SO sad; somehow, I never have become hardened to any of this stuff.
    I don't know why.
    Must be a sun-in-Aries thing, with all my 12th house crap.

I need soup, lots of it.

And i 'loves you meeses to pieces ".

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning!

Taolady, thanks for reminding me about Tai chi. I have class today.

Twolf, I love Miyazaki's artwork. The detail is stunning & so painterly. The little mushrooms are especially cute & I've always had a "thing" for mushrooms. I think they are really interesting.

My SOTD is unusual for me: Thierry Mugler's ALIEN Liqueur de Parfum Jasmine Sambac, rum & oak notes. It's strong but beautiful. The ANGEL LdP was all cherry, all the time but I am not a fan of ANGEL to begin with. ALIEN LdP stole my heart. Weird, huh?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Twolf, I love Miyazaki's artwork. The detail is stunning & so painterly. The little mushrooms are especially cute & I've always had a "thing" for mushrooms. I think they are really interesting.
    Me too. ^

Today for me it's:

Comme des Garcons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garcons

It's been a while since I've worn this, and it just gets me every time. Love it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

(((Chaya)))

Taolady, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Wordie, have your daughter throw a treat and then call kitty back with another
    treat. Kitty will at least have the right motions down.

Had a lovely lunch with Sakecat yesterday. Testing Floris Florissa and Aveda Love thanks to her generosity.

Have a good day, all.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 2nd November 2009 at 03:18 PM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Today for me it's:

Comme des Garcons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garcons

It's been a while since I've worn this, and it just gets me every time. Love it.
    That's what it does! I'm wearing this wonder, too.

Blog Entries

Summoning strength for what is going to be a very busy day... friggin' 99 cent coffee mondays...

BUT... I will be wrapping my arms around my own darling Daniel in FIVE DAYS!!! I think the universe is conspiring in our favor. Not only celebrating my birthday with him, but I'll have a whole week to do it!!

:bounce:
    Feeling so blessed, sending it on its way to you darlings.

Chaya, you're a compassionate soul, and you've never hardened against it, because its part of who you are. Its a beautiful thing. Just breathe deep... that inner strength will come bubbling back up again, enough for you and all your patients put together.

Quarry, you had me busting up!! Thanks. You sound like a force to be reckoned with!! Knock 'em dead!

Taolady, that's wonderful!! You'd make an amazing teacher!

Evangeline, Pleased to meet you!! Don't worry about the cats, they'll get over it.

RHM I've been on a Miyazaki kick lately, saw Princess Nausicaa of the Winds, and then Howl's Moving Castle for the first time... incredible...

Alright, off to caffinate the masses!!
    Sensual Amber again...
    I'm in a rut, but its good enough to tide me over till the postman finally gets here.
    Have a good one everybody!!
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

veuve amiot, It was many years ago, but as far as I can remember, I didn't have to teach her to do this. I used to throw a sock as far as I could and she was bringing it back. Not always exactly in front of me in the beginning, but she quickly understood.
    She also used to bring a sock herself when she wanted to play and she insisted on me throwing it for her to fetch!
    She was a little devil, my hands were full of scratches, but I loved her!

(((chaya))), feel better soon!

Congrats, Taolady!
    Last edited by *dora*; 2nd November 2009 at 04:23 PM.

This particular Monday is especially good smelling! Cuir de Lancome, ELPC Tuberose Gardenia, Musc Ravageur, SDV, Addict, Mauboussin...and then there's that "Urban Musk"...Couldn't agree with you more SMM - unless maybe it's those tiny chic "purse puppies" pooping the city sidewalks - Rural Musk would be a much more accurate moniker!

High five to TaoLady! Very honorable indeed.

Chaya, Quarry said it best. I believe you are one of those special (yes, absolutely special) individuals who is where you are for a very specific purpose. Make sense? There is no "chance" or "coincidence" when certain people end up in your charge...so extra hugs to you, and soup too - with homemade bread and real butter!

My SOTD ~ Labdanum 18, Le Labo

((Chaya))

Tao!!!

SOTD is Chanel No. 22 today -- just what I need for a long day at work. Take care, all.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Today I'm wearing a perfume that is older than some of the people on BN, an ancient violet cream sachet made by Avon in the early 1970s. The water evaporated and what is left is a nearly-solid cream that smells marvelous.

Vintage Chanel No19 EdT for me today.

Hugs to all who need them...now I'm off to send some emails to my old friends who still live in the Great State O' Maine. I know all of them well enough to know that they all would Vote No on Prop 1, but I want to remind them to go and vote!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Very late applying perfume today - a bit preoccupied with stuff. I have gone for MDCI Promesse de L'Aube, of which I am expecting a few more ml in a swap. Sometimes we all need to sit on a fluffy lemon cloud for a bit.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Mitsouko by Guerlain edt

Declaration Essence (Cartier)

Ava Luxe Incense Tibet.

Great posts today ...

Wordie, love the thought of your kitten coming along for a stroll. I think cats are great characters and yes -- some of them will play 'fetch' and bring the thrown item back. Mine used to do it with crumpled up balls of paper.

Tao: I loved the thought of you becoming a teacher -- how fantastic! You must be *great* at tai chi!

Chaya: gosh, your work sounds heavy, it really does. And you have such a big heart -- may it never be hardened.

Exquisitely -- a birthday and your boy ... that sounds just delightful!

Partner and I grabbed a quick 24 hours in Brighton: lovely little guest house, gorgeous weather, superb food. We got away from our troubles and I bought a great pair of boots! Nipped into Space NK and was a little heavy-handed with the Tom Ford Black Orchid. I have immense respect for this scent, but it really isn't me. I almost feel self-conscious wearing it ... oh, well ...
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Iris Noir

BlackCat - would have never thought to put the Aveda and the Florissa together.....

Fantastic lunch together BTW! As always! It's great when you can find fellow Kitfo lovers to dine with. Most people get nervous about the raw meat thing.

She also gave me some fantastic smellies - which I need to begin working my way through (along with the last batch of smellies that I am only partway through.....I guess I need to get back to trying new stuff rather than just using up old stuff).

This morning, however, knowing that I had to train mucky mucks on a program I barely use, I went with something familiar (the aforementioned Le Maroc Pour Elle).

BlackCat was kind enough to give me a small vial of his new Une Rose Chypre. Very much looking forward to wearing that!

Have a safe trip back to California BlackCat! Congrats on your upcoming Sniffapalooza article!!!!

------------------------------------------------

BTW - Jasmine White Moss smells really good on her. She really brings out the Jasmine.

------------------------------------------------

FairyScentMother - Good news on the potential teaching opportunity! You will be awesome!!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Good morning dear BNers! Big hug from me to all of you...

SOTD: Samsara EDP

Be safe and strong...

Polo Double Black
    Gary

Taolady: wow, there may always be a new adventure around the corner! How exciting!
    Chaya: You are wonderful.

I am wearing Ambre Russe.

A difficult day with horrible line-ups. We went to get our son vaccinated. Info was not distributed well and the government websites are full of wrong info. Our son was vaccinated but they refused my husband stating that they weren't vaccinating parents now (even though the website states otherwise). We had been waiting outside, in the cold, for 4 hours. My friend's family (5 year old and a 2 year with asthma), were turned away after waiting 3.5 hours because they live in a different borough. The websites don't stipulate which neighbourhood residents should go where. Isn't this awful???????? The government promised that no one waiting in line will be turned away. Yeah right.

Chaya---I feel for you and understand you completely. It's one thing to care for people who are strangers, it's another to care for those we know and/or love. We can't separate our emotions that way....we sympathize instead of empathizing like we should be doing, but we're human after all. Vent, vent, vent away, Chaya. We're here to listen. My prayers are with your friend that she may have a uneventful course and speedy recovery and rehab.

Started my day in Patou's Vacances. Will end it in Barbara Bui's Le Parfum.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

summer means fireflys

Another day in Serge ... I'm testing Rousse today. Can you believe I've not tried this one yet? Neither can I This is one that I'm betting is much better sprayed rather than dabbed, but I wasn't blown away ... it's not FBW (which is a good thing to my credit cards!)

Taolady, I was reading about a Tai Chi class near me for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis ... thinking it might be good for me, but REALLY wishing YOU could be my teacher!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

D & G La Luna
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Guerlain Eau de Cologne Impériale this warm November evening.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

SOTE Bulgari's Parfumee Au The Blanc

Chanel Allure,
    but had a chance to pop into Aedes on Christopher street and try some Nez a Nez scents.
    Of note, Atelier d'artiste, reminiscent of Ambre Sultan, to my nose, at least in the drydown, rather
    woody and marvelous.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    (Did I tell you my instructor said they are "looking at me for teaching"!!! MY GOAL!! MY DREAM!!! :bounce...
    Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    ...Have a safe trip back to California BlackCat! Congrats on your upcoming Sniffapalooza article!!!!
    Wowie Zowie!!! Congrats are in order for both of you!!! :wave:
    Gorgeous day here. I delighted in the beauty of Micallef Note Ambree. SotE? More of same!
    Last edited by Haunani; 3rd November 2009 at 01:57 AM.

Fidji for work and vintage Cabochard parfum on this rainy night.