Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: November 09 purchases

I almost bid on that bottle of Aomassai on eBay yesterday, but I still have plenty here. (Look at me, the model of restraint... ha!) But then I took advantage of BeautyHabit's 20% discount & bought Parfums de Nicolaï Fig Tea.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I bought Chanel No.5 eau de parfum.
    Currently wearing: Jicky by Guerlain

I bought the A-Z paperback even though I have the original hardback AND paid for all of the newsletters in-between. Books & perfumes = a winning combination for me, I'm 'fraid

No juice purchases because I am determined to wait until I feel I can justify forking out for Promesse de l'aube, which I fell for badly when I sampled it from luckyscent.

Blog Entries

Friday night marked the end of another bizarre week at work...so I took a deep breath and decided that I might shake off the stress a little better with 'fumes that bring a smile to my face.

Used the 20% off coupon for BH and bought the small bottles of Odalisque and Sacrebleu, plus a few Nesti Dante bar soaps. I requested some samples, too.

Can't wait to get them!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I almost bid on that bottle of Aomassai on eBay yesterday,
    Oh me too! I wanted the Cadjmere more, but I was quickly outbid. Time to start bending the DH's ear for my birthday...

Did score a FB of Chanel Allure Sensuelle for a good price.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

After my recent sad purchase of Odalisque from Luckyscent, I went online and ordered all of the classics. The change in the perfume industry that is coming in 2010 is REAL and already is here! I should have been suspicious when Odalisque disappeared (on backorder) and then reappeared in a larger size bottle. The stuff that I received is NOTHING like the Odalisque that I knew & cherished. I am so sorry that I have praised the juice, because the new stuff is boring leather and not much else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vintage*red View Post
    After my recent sad purchase of Odalisque from Luckyscent, I went online and ordered all of the classics. The change in the perfume industry that is coming in 2010 is REAL and already is here! I should have been suspicious when Odalisque disappeared (on backorder) and then reappeared in a larger size bottle. The stuff that I received is NOTHING like the Odalisque that I knew & cherished. I am so sorry that I have praised the juice, because the new stuff is boring leather and not much else.
    OH NO! Sigh. I just ordered the Odalisque from BH. I had a sample I purchased a few months ago (might have been more than "a few months") & loved it. Shucks...

Quote Originally Posted by vintage*red View Post
    That's so disappointing! I ordered a sample months ago from Luckyscent and quickly fell in love. I recently ordered the 100 ml bottle from The Perfume Shoppe (she doesn't have the 30 ml in stock anymore) and it smells just as delicious as the sample. Not sure how much stock they have left but my bottle is good so maybe that's an option.

Forgot to add, now a proud owner of SMN Tabacco Toscano. The spending must stop!

A 12-mini Patou Ma Collection set.

Oops.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Wow - soirdelune - that is incredible...and enviable! Congratulations!

Are you already familiar with all/most of the fragrances? I've never tried a single one, but I love Patou - Joy, 1000, Sublime and Sira des Indes are all favorites. The utter charm of all those precious bottles is just too much, and the case alone is fantastic!

You must be over the moon!

(But why "oops"? Was it supposed to be a surprise for yourself?)

Sonoma Scent Studio: Cameo, Femme Jolie, Jour Ensoleille, all small bottles. The Cameo is new, and I have been coveting the last two for ages BTW, the Femme Jolie may be on the site for a short time, so now's the time to get!

Also: Ajne, 2 sample sets:

Calypso
    OM -2 (I am nearly positive this will be my fav, from all descriptions)
    Printemps
    Adler
    Palena'ole - the scent of Maui

I've hesitated to get the Ajne samples for months, b/c of the Pandora's box potential for me. Finally could not resist any further!!!
    Last edited by Lessa; 10th November 2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

All samples...

1 x Andy Tauer - Incense rosé
    - Eau de Parfum: Sample 3,00EUR
    1 x Andy Tauer - Le Maroc pour elle EdP
    - Eau de Parfum: Sample 4,00EUR
    1 x Keiko Mecheri - Loukhoum
    - Abfüllung: 4,00EUR
    1 x Juliette Has a Gun - Calamity J
    1 x Andy Tauer - Lonestar Memories
    - Eau de Toilette: Sample 4,00EUR
    1 x Comme des Garçons - Series 3: Kyoto
    1 x Comme des Garçons - Series 3: Zagorsk
    1 x Frapin - Caravelle Épicée
    1 x Ginestet - Le Boisé
    1 x INeKE - Field Notes from Paris
    1 x Lea Extreme by Calypso
    1 x Mazzolari - Alessandro
    - Eau de Toilette: Sample 3,00EUR
    1 x Micallef - Black Sea
    1 x Miller Harris - L'Air de Rien by Jane Birkin
    - Abfüllung: 3,00EUR
    1 x Patricia de Nicolai - Les Magnifiques - Sacrebleu Intense
    1 x L'Artisan Parfumeur - Passage d'Enfer
    - Eau de Toilette: Sample 3,00EUR

I took advantage of Bond No.9's refill program that eneded the 7th I believe......My Wife purchased 2 candles and 2 Body Creams.....With those 4 purchases I received 2 free refills.....My 1st refill was a 3.4 oz. bottle of Riverside Drive.....My 2nd refill was a 3.4 oz. bottle of Bleeker Street.....Gary

I bought Organza Indecence and YSL Cinema today.

Emma

So far I've just ordered minis of Tuscan Leather, Velvet Gardenia and Champaca Absolute, so hopefully they'll be here in a few days, but I've got a few samples to keep me busy until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Wow - soirdelune - that is incredible...and enviable! Congratulations!

Are you already familiar with all/most of the fragrances? I've never tried a single one, but I love Patou - Joy, 1000, Sublime and Sira des Indes are all favorites. The utter charm of all those precious bottles is just too much, and the case alone is fantastic!

You must be over the moon!

(But why "oops"? Was it supposed to be a surprise for yourself?)
    I've tried Que Sais-Je? and it is wonderful.I also have bottles of Adieu Sagesse, L'Heure Attendue and Colony, but I want to smell the minis before I bust open the packaging. Am quite certain I am going to love Chaldee ... can't wait for them to arrive.

And I say OOPS! just for the sake of my bank balance!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    ... but I want to smell the minis before I bust open the packaging.
    I know what you mean - it's so hard to spoil those pristine coffrets! I have a few that I bought in duplicate just so I could keep one in mint condition...which is crazy because I really have no intention of selling them.

I see the Ma minis every now and then and I'm always tempted to try them, but I can't ever decide on just one or two at a time so I end up with none. Paralyzed with indecision. The whole shebang is the way to go!

Aimez Moi 50 ml

L'Heure Bleue EdP full bottle in a swap, if that counts in purchases

Blog Entries

Guerlain's Hiver en Russie......beautiful woods and incense
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I bought Penhaligon's Amaranthine 50 ml from Ebay
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

I'm really excited!!! I bought a vintage bottle of Cuir de russie from a Basenoter!

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I'm really excited!!! I bought a vintage bottle of Cuir de russie from a Basenoter!
    Mmmmmm .. I'm jealous
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

:bounce:I’M SO HAPPY, I COULD FAINT

bigarade concentree

(Deal on a partial bottle from MUA member)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Yay Quarry, if anybody deserves a great deal on some Malle ------ IT"S YOU!!! So happy to hear of your good fortune!

Blog Entries

So...tonight I got home to find my BH order waiting for me.

I ordered PdN Sacrebleu and Odalisque in the small bottles...and as some of you may have seen...I was worried that the latter would be the reformulation. But...

I think it's ok?

I am a bit confused & not 100% certain, though. The label on the front of the bottle (and even on the front of the box) is different from the boxes of the Sacrebleu and even the Cococabana (bought last year as a blind buy). But I think the juice is not too different (if at all) from the sample I had...

One thing to note is that BH has had the 30 mL size in-stock for quite a while, whereas the larger size has been OOS for a while now (at least 2 months, I think).

So, maybe a precious few bottles (pre-reformulation) are still left in the small size at BH? (not affiliated!)

Edited on 16Nov2009 - well, I guess it was just wishful thinking. I tried the Odalisque a couple more times since my optimistic post here...and sadly, there's "more" floral upon the drydown (if there's such a thing) and less depth in the base. What used to make Odalisque so special seems to be gone? Wah.
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 17th November 2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: darned reformulation!

Murmure by Van Cleef & Arpels. Very nice and I'm sure brilliant in the warmer season.

It was almost free off www.strawberrynet.com which is my primary source of more main stream perfumes. They do have a nice selection of, amongst others, Annick Goutal, Lutens and Bond No 9 too though.

One quarter ounce of La Parisienne by Holzman and Stephanie....found on ebay. Sounds like Mrs Holzman is truly retired this time. I could kick myself for not stocking up!
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

Donna Karan Gold. YAY!

Got a good deal on Secret Obsession at my local Shoppers Drug Mart.