Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: November 09 purchases

I bought some 1000 by Jean Patou !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I bought:
    My Queen by Alexander McQueen (bargain)
    Hotel Costes

Today I Bought A Gift Set Of Lola By Marc Jacobs For My Mom For Christmas, Came With A Hat Box Or Something, And I Bought My Little Sister Baby Phat Goddess For Christmas

Yesterday I Bought A Bottle Of Dior Homme From A BN'er For Myself.

Basenotes Institution

Joy,Joy ,oh Joy - I bought some Joy !

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    :bounce: Let ME be the first to congratulate you. ~ Joy May B.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Broke my buying moratorium for AL no. 23 via Ebay. Not exactly a major deal, but cheaper than it would have been directly from manufacturer, even IF it would be available. So satisfied all around!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I was thinking about getting a bottle of Rosine Diabolo Rose, having enjoyed the sample so much, but with all the rose fragrances I own, would I really use up a 50 ml bottle? Not so sure!

So I bought an 8 ml decant from The Perfumed Court (my first purchase from them.)

I'm happy with the decant but I really do not understand the excessive shipping ($5.95) they charge for a tiny bubble mailer that USPS.com tells me cost $1.39 to ship from the sender's zip code to mine. OK, add a bit for the mailer, but there is a serious disconnect between $5.95 and $1.39. Make your profit, I say, but not on the shipping.

Furthermore, this was not packed well in my opinion. Nothing rigid to protect the glass atomizer-- not even a cardboard tube-- just a bit of bubble wrap.

This transaction left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 16th November 2009 at 09:13 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    :bounce: Let ME be the first to congratulate you. ~ Joy May B.
    Thanks Quarry !!

On Friday I bought Osmanthus Interdite. It is so beautiful!!!
    Evenstar

Joy AND 1000....all in one month! Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I was thinking about getting a bottle of Rosine Diabolo Rose, having enjoyed the sample so much, but with all the rose fragrances I own, would I really use up a 50 ml bottle? Not so sure!

So I bought an 8 ml decant from The Perfumed Court (my first purchase from them.)

I'm happy with the decant but I really do not understand the excessive shipping ($5.95) they charge for a tiny bubble mailer that USPS.com tells me cost $1.39 to ship from the sender's zip code to mine. OK, add a bit for the mailer, but there is a serious disconnect between $5.95 and $1.39. Make your profit, I say, but not on the shipping.

Furthermore, this was not packed well in my opinion. Nothing rigid to protect the glass atomizer-- not even a cardboard tube-- just a bit of bubble wrap.

This transaction left a bad taste in my mouth.
    With TPC, it really makes sense to try and wait until you will have a large-ish order. I try to not order unless I have at least 8 samples/decants because chances are I will be getting some from all three people who run TPC. 3x$1.39 actually leaves very little margin for packing materials, gas to the post office, etc., when they charge $5.95.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Joy AND 1000....all in one month! Cool!
    I know K ! Naughty but nice !

Am mulling over getting a BU of AdP Profumo. Really afraid of future reformulation, and truly adore this frag. Would HATE to be w/o it!!! Trying to look at it like an investment???
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Found a bottle of Limited Edition STRIP! by Agent Provacateur at TJ Maxx for $19.99! Fab find! I was so excited to find this for such a bargain, I almost let out a squeal in the store!!!!

Oh Lessa, Profumo is GORGEOUS & ridiculously expensive....

Basenotes Plus

Amaranthine by Penhaligons

I managed to win a full 50ml bottle on eBay for £25 - my dad has said it can be my Christmas present from him so I wont get it for a little while.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Institution

I got some ( more ) Mitsouko today . Yay !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th November 2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post

Amaranthine by Penhaligons

I managed to win a full 50ml bottle on eBay for £25 - my dad has said it can be my Christmas present from him so I wont get it for a little while.
    Oh my God - You where lucky I PAID £50 (Ebay)
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Yves Rocher Fleur de Noël Limited Edition came home with me today...

Had to take advantage of the BeautyHabit sale, so I picked up L'Occitane Miel et Citron, and TokyoMilk Dead Sexy.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Managed to win a 50ml bottle of Serge Lutens Douce Amere for £36 - half the retail price so I consider it a bargain!

I bought a 1.7 oz. bottle of Fracas on clearance for $15 at my local JC Penney Sephora. They had the .25 parfum for $20 and the lotion for $8. I was surprised to see that the parfum is made in America.
    Last edited by dieudonnee; 21st November 2009 at 11:59 PM.

Just won a lot on ebay....$9 US for 3 1/4 oz bottles of Caleche....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

OK, so these don't quite count, but I went shopping in the city today. They're putting up the Christmas decorations and the stores are getting crowded. As much as everyine else ahtes it, I love this time of year.

Barneys was having a 40% off sale in their Mens department, so I bought my winter coat for this year and a nice sweater. Of course, we all know I couldn't leave without sniffing through the perfumes. I ended up buying a L'Artisan Parfumeur Mimosa Marin candle.

I left with a bunch of Malle and Lutens samples, as well as more of that toffee I liked so much last time.

[wipes chocolate off of keyboard and continues typing]

The Diptyque store had a bunch more of their candles available in half-size, which puts them at a price I'm completely incapable of not buying, so I picked up their special boutique-only one, Epicea (which is basically pine mixed with leafy greens).

I'd also been lemming for an interesting new scarf, so I picked up a fun cheapy.

Meanwhile, Saks had the new Bond No. 9 Perfume, which I really didn't like (rose and oud - yum - drowned in aldehydes and ozone - blech), but they offered me a sample, and who am I to refuse?

Side note, for the holiday season, some Saks have all the Geurlain boutique exclusives, so if you want to smell all the really hard-to-find ones without paying for samples and all that drama, you might want to call your local Saks and see if they're participating.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by lilkcceleb View Post
    Today I Bought A Gift Set Of Lola By Marc Jacobs For My Mom For Christmas, Came With A Hat Box Or Something, And I Bought My Little Sister Baby Phat Goddess For Christmas

Yesterday I Bought A Bottle Of Dior Homme From A BN'er For Myself.
    I'm sure that your mom and little sister will be happy!

In November I have bought Maharanih from Nicolaï.

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=ubuandibeme;1675527]Found a bottle of Limited Edition STRIP! by Agent Provacateur at TJ Maxx for $19.99! Fab find! I was so excited to find this for such a bargain, I almost let out a squeal in the store!!!!

Later in the day I made a run to TJ and, recalling your post, dug deep throught the mess of their shelves and found a bottle of same Strip LE. With such a glowing review from you, i.e, almost squealing in the store, how could I fail to purchase? Ripped the package open in the car and love ensued.

THANK YOU!

Went on a frolic and detour on the way home from Santa Barbara and stopped at Barneys, where I bought Frederic Malle's Une Rose. Absolutely deliciously wonderful!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Coco... :wave:

Montale Chocolate Greedy

I've been craving a chocolate fragrance. Serendipitous is nice, but short lived, on me anyway.

Bought a lovely old atomizer today, brass, mother of pearl, Le Kid, made in France circa 1920s. Will be a great place for my LHB parfum

Yesterday I purchased:

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

COACH Leatherware for Men

Bulgari Blu II EdP
    Evenstar

Got my hands on a bottle of Etro Heliotrope which I have been enjoying a sample of recently. I'm loving almond fragrances of late
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Basenotes Plus

Krigler Perfume Juicy Jasmine No. 30 Stunning!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Krigler Perfume Juicy Jasmine No. 30 Stunning!
    OMG, that one's got my name all over it, doesn't it?!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Basenotes Institution

I got a back up bottle of Gucci By Gucci !

Basenotes Plus

Blackcat, it is so beautiful!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I got a back up bottle of Gucci By Gucci !
    Mysticknot! Didja get one EDP and one EDT - or are both EDP? (I have the EDP and have not yet tried the EDT).

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Yves Rocher Fleur de Noël Limited Edition came home with me today...
    I used the "Black Friday" coupon code for 20% off and free shipping to get Fleur de Noel too. (Baldufita - tell me you like it and that I didn't waste my money? ) I also bought a bottle of the Lilac scent; the GWP for almost all of the Pur Desir line is a small bottle of the Tendre Jasmin (so I'll look forward to getting that one, too). All 3 are 'blind buys"/unsniffed purchases, but the YRs have a nice price point and are usually quite pretty.

Back to my Christmas shopping!

Stopped at The Perfume House in Portland, Oregon today. We bought a little bottle of my long-coveted Caron Poivre! It was created the year I was born, and it calls out to me on lots of levels. Love it!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

It is gift-wrapped and I won't "get" it until Christmas. It is also my 25th anniversary present (that date is December 31). I also had fun sniffing a few things, including the new Lutens Fille en Aguilles. What an interesting fragrance!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Stopped at The Perfume House in Portland, Oregon today. We bought a little bottle of my long-coveted Caron Poivre! It was created the year I was born, and it calls out to me on lots of levels. Love it!

It is gift-wrapped and I won't "get" it until Christmas. It is also my 25th anniversary present (that date is December 31). I also had fun sniffing a few things, including the new Lutens Fille en Aguilles. What an interesting fragrance!
    Congratulations Haunani - that sounds wonderful . You're so lucky to have such a beautiful perfume created during the year of your birth !

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post

How lovely!

25 years? Wow! Early anniversary hugs to H and her DH...

Do tell -- what is this new SL like? And remind me how the name of it translates to English....("aguilles"?)

I've been very naughty this week. The new Chanel perfume concession in London Selfridges got an ultra limited delivery of the extrait versions of the 4 vintage "exclusifs" and I got my hands on a Cuir de Russie. CdR is already one of my HG scents and the extrait version is divine - darker and smokier. Love in a bottle! Then I blind bought some Cuir de Lancome from Fragrance Direct for £20. I am waiting for that to arrive but hopefully will like it. Finally I bought 2 old style packaging Etros from Ebay (Messe de Minuit, my HG scent No.2 and Ambra). The Etros in the old-style packaging are going really cheaply on ebay at the moment so I am stocking up. I hate the new style packaging and I hate the price hikes!

You gals have GREAT taste! I couldn't let the month of November pass by without getting a couple of decants...

Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Guerlain Mitsouko

Even though they sound a little passe', these glorious perfumes are a "must have"!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    You gals have GREAT taste! I couldn't let the month of November pass by without getting a couple of decants...

Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Guerlain Mitsouko

Even though they sound a little passe', these glorious perfumes are a "must have"!
    Great choices! Mitsouko is definitely "glorious"! This gorgeous one is definitely not "passe", is it? (Well, if it is, too bad - I'm still wearing mine!)

Must try Cuir de Russie one of these days..

Did you take advantage of some of the coupon codes floating about?

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    ...Do tell -- what is this new SL like? And remind me how the name of it translates to English....("aguilles"?)
    Hi RainDrop! I didn't try it on, but found the resinous top notes to be interesting, and it seemed like there was a lot to it. I would like to give it a full try some day. Here is one explanation of the name, from this article

http://tinyurl.com/yjf9cr9

Meaning of Fille en Aiguilles
    The title of the perfume is a word play. Fille en Aiguilles literally means ‘girls on needles’ in French, giving rise to the image of young women cavorting in stiletto heels (talon aiguilles). By linking these visual pictures to the scent of pine needles, Lutens interlinks the sensuality and fertility of women with that of nature.

Interestingly, pine is evergreen, suggesting that this fecundity is not limited to starting a family. Instead, it encompasses feminine creativity in all its forms, as a general approach to life.

Indeed, the title brings to mind the idiom ‘de fil en aiguille’ (from needles to thread). One thing does lead to another in seduction, in nature and in life as we get older – and scent plays a central role in all these things. Fille en Aiguilles symbolises the fertile Mother Earth in all women.
    Now, being a food-oriented person, all I could think of was "eels", which is not aiguilles, but anguilles.

I swore I wouldn't buy another thing for the rest of the year. But today I really needed retail therapy so I came home with Van Cleef & Arpel Bois d'Iris. It didn't make me feel any better really, but I smell great!

Serge Lutens Fourreau Noir
    Long story, my x-colleague went to Paris a few weeks ago for holiday. I wanted him to bring me a souvenir and I mentioned to him that I like Serge Lutens. He came back with a bottle of Fourreau Noir as a gift. I insisted on paying him back. I was jumping up and down when I opened it. It smells smokey and reminded me of Fumerie Turque.

I caved in and bought L'Air de Rien from Harrods since they had a cardholder 10% discount day. That's it - no more perfume this year!

I've been pretty self-indulgent lately, Guerlain Mitsouko, Rochas Femme and Angelique Encens all from lovely sellers on the marketplace. And I'm eyeing a mini of vintage Revolution a Versailles on ebay, just because I like the name. Yep, I have issues...

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Using a free sniper, I just got 1.7 oz. bottle of Sabi for $73.56 from the bay. Nice deal. I probably shouldn't have spent the dough, but it's done.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Scored a silver LE edition of Hugo Boss Deep Red for £13.00 on Ebay, including postage. This is the first Hugo Boss I really rate!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Anvers by Ulrich Lang

Treated myself to a few Posset goodies today, can't wait for them to arrive!
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES