Code of Conduct

Default Sexy fragrance to attract the opposite sex VS. Statement fragrance

Sexy fragrance to attract the opposite sex VS. Statement fragrance

I work in a place where I have a lot of nice looking female coworkers. The average age is approx 28 yr and it's a trendy place.

I think it's the best place to try out fragrances and gather comments from them. Usually they are not shy to share their opinions and they know that I like several type of scents.

So far, I can split my fragrances in 2 divisions.

1. Scents that might attract women (Sexy fragrance)
    2. Scents that is more a personal statement, a presence fragrance ie : I am here and this is me.

According to their comments :

Scents that might attract women (Sexy fragrance)

Givenchy Pi
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Chanel Allure Homme
    YSL L'Homme
    YSL M7
    Carolina Herrera 212
    Hugo Hugo Boss
    Boss Hugo Boss

Scents that is more a personal statement

Lalique Encre Noir
    Terre D'Hermes
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Dior Homme Sport
    Cartier Declaration
    Boss in Motion
    Caron 3ieme Homme

I know that this is really not scientific, but it's good to know.

Default Re: Sexy fragrance to attract the opposite sex VS. Statement fragrance

My statement frags that I think wouldn't attract females of my own kind..

Grey Flannel, Dirty English, Guerlain Vetiver and m7.

I see these frags as very manly, which, I think isn't very easy to 'like' or something that attracts, it needs quite a while to appreciate for what it is, hence, more like a courtship phase rather than instant attraction.
    Last edited by TimothyX; 2nd November 2009 at 11:28 PM.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

I can't agree with all of your choices and will probably classify some of them in the opposite category as they are in. Nevertheless, I do want to add that I find Joop an important statement kind of fragrance. Or, at least, the people I have come across who wear Joop seem to be using it as a statement: I am here. Notice me.

I Agree, I only wear Joop! when I make it a point to have FUN. never on coffee shops, Movies, etc.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

In my experience I find that different women (The Fairer Sex) find different scents attractive. You are correct Sir, it's not scientific

LMAO Apache

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRosePeacock View Post

Based on recent comments I would havta add Hanae Mori edp to that list.

I can't see what kind of woman would be attracted to the Hugo Boss'es. Probably the generic girl who likes a generic guy who wants to just blend in. Hugo Bosses and their soft aquatic ilk are "office scents" for someone who just wants to blend in.

YSL L'Homme and M7 on the other hand, show slightly more daring. However, YSL La Nuit de L'homme would be better suited for the "sexy" statement.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    I can't see what kind of woman would be attracted to the Hugo Boss'es. Probably the generic girl who likes a generic guy who wants to just blend in. Hugo Bosses and their soft aquatic ilk are "office scents" for someone who just wants to blend in.

YSL L'Homme and M7 on the other hand, show slightly more daring. However, YSL La Nuit de L'homme would be better suited for the "sexy" statement.

I agree with you concerning Boss, however, you have no idea what kind of effect my 2 BOSS (Boss & Hugo) can make on women in my office. YSL L'Homme also makes good effect.

Concerning M7, I wore this one for a while as a signature scent at the office. I didn't get the same kind of "sexy" comments than the Boss. For me it was more a statement scent than a scent to attract the opposite sex. As I said, this is really not scientific, it is just a gathering of comments I got,

The debate goes on and on: "What scent to please a woman?"

In a nutshell, "sexy" IS a "statement" in and of itself.

Please see this thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=212334

IMHO, I think YSL L'Homme and Chanel Allure Homme are really women-friendly scents and, well, girly. I wear them myself. Light and floral but not really in-your-face. Pleasant to wear and be around and not think too hard about.

On a date, for instance, you might want to wear something a little stronger. I prefer my husband in YSL Opium PH EDT or even Polo. Less floral and more oriental.

Personally, I'd really like it if a man wore Poison EDT (the women's, that is) or ELdO Jasmin et Cigarette on a romantic date.

These are, if course, highly biased opinions. Women's perfume preferences on a man are as varied as are women.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

This question will never be answered, as I have been asked if I had showered in my cologne before (it was Egoiste Platinum...three shots on the bare chest and then an undershirt and dress shirt on top..

And the I was told that I smelled wonderful while wearing Quorum. It happened from 3 different women...all around 30 years old. I coulda sworn they woulda hated Quorum and loved the Chanel...never can tell. I can however tell you that it doesn't matter how liberally you apply an Eau Du Matin from JpG...nobody will notice.

For me TdH was a statement, but I have never had so many hotties ask what I was wearing. That stuff ...I swear that the sour grapefruit smell must stay close to the skin , while the loud cedar goes out on recon missions around you. Women tell me how good I smell everytime I wear it. They must not get the sour notes that I do...

id say wear a womans perfume, those are the best EDPs, not only are u manly enough to sport it, but theyll enjoy it as well

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRosePeacock View Post
    lol

Dating girls at your workplace is a bad idea. Instead, befriend them and have them introduce you to their female friends.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Dating girls at your workplace is a bad idea. Instead, befriend them and have them introduce you to their female friends.
    Your alternative proposal: no safer than the bad idea you identified..

I'm now speaking from my humble opinion and from my personal personal experience, but often a funny thing happened to me- it happened that the female gender not just liked the "statement" frags, both often perceived them, against all odds, as equally sexy and while, like most guys, I was trying to find a particularly sweet, modern, even teeny-style frag liked by the opposite gender, it often happened that this very same gender found the safe, "unattractive", way "too" classic and formal frags equally attractive. Well, it seems that in the fragrance world, particularly the fragrance world I knew, the cutoff line between these categories is quite blurred, that often the difference between these two is not easily definable.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 3rd November 2009 at 08:14 AM.

It would seem that women love sweet orientals on men. Givenchy Pi, Joop Homme, Cerruti 1881 Black...but it is all very relative you see, for women also like AdG, Cool Water, Versace PH, Bvlgari Aqua, Boss Bottled (yes they do like it). Non the less, it is very hard to generalise wich particular scent would a particular woman or women consider as sexy.