Code of Conduct

Default Joli Monsieur by Balmain

...or actually, Jolie Madame by Balmain.

I was interested in the leather/floral notes and made a cheap, blind buy of this. (This is even on Overstock.com for a good price.) Gadzooks, this is really a men's floral scent, or at least a unisex!

The notes, according to Bois de Jasmin: gardenia, artemisia, bergamot, coriander, neroli, jasmine, tuberose, rose, jonquil, orris, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, musk, castoreum, leather, civet.

Once you get past the very floral top notes and mid-notes, the drydown settles into the leather, oakmoss and vetiver. Voila--a men's scent, and I detect violets. This seems like the true dandy's scent that I have been looking for!

Enough for a dandy to reach for a flacon and say, "Bah! Women's scent? I'll be the judge of that!"

This is supposed to be a cousin to Bandit, BTW.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Joli Monsieur by Balmain

I wear it too ! Bandit is great too, specially perfume extract. I like all perfumes
    created by Germaine Cellier, even after reformulations.

I'll have to try this. I own and LOVE Balmain de Balmain (pour femme) for its floral woods but this sounds even better.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Blog Entries

While we are on the Balmain subject, be sure to try Balmain Ambre Gris. C'est manufique! BTW I like Balmain de Balmain better than Bandit. Also try Ivoire de Balmain.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    While we are on the Balmain subject, be sure to try Balmain Ambre Gris. C'est manufique! BTW I like Balmain de Balmain better than Bandit. Also try Ivoire de Balmain.
    How would you compare the notes in Balmain de Balmain with Bandit? And also the longevity and sillage?

The Balmains are cheaper than the Piguets and I am getting ready to tighten my belt for holiday money-saving.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.