Code of Conduct

Thread: Mugler Cologne

Default Mugler Cologne

As a fan of scents like Eau de Guerlain, Acqua di Parma Colonia, Roger & Gallet, etc, do you think Mugler Cologne would be a suitable choice for me?

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mugler Cologne

I'm only familiar with Mugler and Eau de Guerlain, of the ones you mentioned, but yes, I think Mugler Cologne would be a good buy for you. I like it, but haven't owned it.

It's really well done, has little relationship to traditional eau de colognes. Creed's Original Vetiver is often considered similar. Think fresh and bright, not aquatic.
    Yes, it's quite refreshing, but it can really go on, and on, in a rather superficial way. I consider it a fun, happy and optimistic wearing experience - a great vacation fragrance. I love the shower gel.
    FYI: I'm not a Thierry Mugler A-Men/B-Men fan. This one is certainly unexpected from this house.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 4th November 2009 at 03:55 AM.

This one is a headache in a bottle for me. Smells fine, but the negative physical impact is almost immediate. The only scent I've ever tried that has the effect on me.

It's nice, but after a while I find it a bit too sharp and haven't worn it for some time. Maybe I'll revisit it.

You might like it, but it's nothing like the scents you mentioned. It's smells like it looks - which is neon green.
    Sales thread here

Mugler Cologne is so crisp and clean. I do love this juice. I bought a small bottle initially. I'll buy a much larger one when it runs out.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

It's fresh, crisp, GREEN juice. And i mean green in smell as well as color.

It reminds me mostly of my much-loved and oft-complimented Gendarme V. I would recommmedn you try that as well if you're looking for a fresh and green cologne that will not offend.

It's definitely worth a try. I like it but not my favorite.
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

The worst blind buy for me as it had totally no sillage and longevity.

It always reminds me of something a south east Asian would wear. Being one, I don't wear it often but when I do I kinda enjoy it.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I always wear it after a work-out
    nice and refreshing. it's pretty good! (but yeah, sillage and longevity arn't that great...)

In my opinion, yes, since it almost has a niche cologne quality at designer prices.

Sur la Plage

IMO it's fantastic - and has more sillage/longevity than a classic eau de cologne.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I agree with everyone, it's great stuff. And I find it's longevity is better than it's often given credit for.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Mugler has little in common with the classic Eau de Colognes you mention. As someone else has stated, it smells hyper-green, just like it looks. And it lasts forever and day on me - a little obnoxious actually.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I liked Mugler Cologne a LOT when I first got it. Eventually I got a bottle of Creed's Original Vetiver and it made Cologne seem inadequate. Both are good, but in comparison, Cologne is a little more synthetic while OV has more depth. Looking at the scents that you like, I think OV would be more your style. Everyone should have one or the other in their drobe (or both).