Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SotD Wednesday 4 november-09

Good morning everybody Having on of my Diva days ,so all dressed up and ready to go in Cuir Mauresque.Hope all have a nice day and hugs to all who needs one!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 4th November 2009 at 05:04 AM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 4 november-09

On the roll with Ineespenes with having a Diva Day - I'm enjoying my sample wearing of Gucci by Gucci .
    Morning to all and many hugs to everyone who wants one or many !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 4 november-09

Good morning everyone

habanita

MOLINARD

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Nahema EDP
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all a Diva day, here!

I am home with a cold, drinking tea and smelling Vicks...

I can't smell a lot but after a hot shower I will put

Vanille Exquise - Annick Goutal.
    That is if I can find my decant by smell!

Happy belated birthday to Mo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another day in Comme des Garçons EdP for me.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Dora and Tigrushka - get better soon ! *HUGS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Dora and Tigs -- you guys get better soon. Vitamin C as in oranges and lemons and breathing menthol vapors must become your best allies for the next couple of days, OK? (Or, my Oma's method -- boil potatoes in skins and when they are cooked, put the whole pot on the cutting board on the table. Sit over it and cover your head and your pot with a big bath towel. Breathe deep. There is something in potato skins that clears breathing passages too. This one has always worked for me.)

Haunani, so you are enjoying your Black Sea? I do too. When Brielle goes back home -- to France -- we might figure something out.

Miss Guru Tao, no comment about your 5,000+ posts? (Acception speech at the Oscars?)

I will go with Etat Libre d'Orange Charogne. It is my second wear and I think it suits my mood today.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a lovely, crisp, bright morning here and the sun is deigning to peep out
    from behind the clouds every now and then.
    I am wearing ROMA for the third time this week - a real italian,chiaroscuro of a scent!

Post Thanks / Like

Frederic Malle Editions de Parfums: Musc Ravageur

Post Thanks / Like

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere. Felt in an aldehydic mood today.

May the coldified ones get better soon! I have just recovered from one and am hoping that's it for the year now...
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

My SOTD is Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme (Eau de Parfum).

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Badian Crystals, Pepper, Elemi
    Middle notes: Indian Jasmine Petal, Mysore Sandalwood, Lapsang Tea, Bitter Cocoa Bean
    Base notes: Hibiscus Seeds, Patchouli

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Heure Bleue - Guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Dora and Tigrushka, I hope you feel better.

Inspired by Haunani's recent "Sweet & Woody" thread, SOTD is Givenchy Organza Indecence. Luscious.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahh it is the season for runny noses and that makes it painful for those of us who enjoy exercising ours so much. Healing vibes to those feeling poorly or taking care of those feeling poorly.

Can't keep away from the new Francis Kurkdjian scents.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire pour Femme

Some of the best perfumers will take a central theme and keep enhancing and re-interpreting it. As a colognoisseur it is fun to watch each iteration of the process. Francis Kurkdjian has now done this with, the 2009 release, Lumiere Noire pour Femme for his Maison Francis Kurkdjian line. M. Kurkdjian has made two previous rose and patchouli mixes in Guerlain Rose Barbare and Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance. in each of these examples he keeps the rose firmly in charge of things and lets the patchouli complement and contrast depending on the other notes present. As a fan of both of those previous fragrances when I read that there would be two rose-patchouli based fragrances in the new line I was excited. The funny thing is where the two scents are Lumiere Noire pour Femme and pour Homme I find myself drawn more to the pour Femme version. The main reason for that is the third player in the pour Femme is narcissus. Anyone who has read my reviews of Neil Morris' scents knows I have an ongoing love affair with narcissus and so it shouldn't be a surprise that M. Kurkdjian's use of it here is what makes me gravitate towards Lumiere Noire pour Femme. The top is a spicy rose laced with pepper and a hint of cumin. This accentuates the spicy characteristics of rose and tamps down, a little bit, the floral aspects. Which are then brought to the fore as narcissus comes in and takes the heart to a lush floral space that is wonderful on me. The base is the patchouli in harmony with the rose and narcissus. The herbal quality of patchouli does a great job of keeping the rose and narcissus reined in and adding the proper contrast to keep Lumiere Noire pour Femme in balance. Lumiere Noire pour Femme has outstanding longevity and above average sillage. This fragrance has become so enjoyable to me that I keep changing the name in my mind and instead of calling it by the name on the label I want to call it Lumiere Rose because, on me, this is a luminous rose.

Have a Whooping Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Lolita Lempicka for me today for substitute teaching.

Sending get well wishes for Dora and Tigrushka!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ....Miss Guru Tao, no comment about your 5,000+ posts? (Acceptance speech at the Oscars?)
    (Modesty forbids!) But many thanks to all you and all other well-wishers...I couldn't have done it without you. !!!

Sanitized energy streaming to all the snifflers and sneezers and sore of heart.

Roberto...I just GOTTA copy that idea AND that pic! OK??
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 4 november-09

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    (Modesty forbids!) But many thanks to all you and all other well-wishers...I couldn't have done it without you. !!!

Sanitized energy streaming to all the snifflers and sneezers and sore of heart.

Roberto...I just GOTTA copy that idea AND that pic! OK??
    Tao, we both smell fabuloussssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Korres Saffron, Amber, Agarwood, Cardamom

On her summer visit - BlackCat was kind enough to gift me with a very generous mini of Guerlain Vetiver.

I had set it aside and set it aside until I could finally give it the attention it deserved.

I pulled off the scotch tape keeping the top in place and dabbed the elixir on my skin.

Oh NO......I think this is heat damaged!!!!!

The first 5 minutes of my bottle are nothing but alcohol and chemicals.

I sat on my bed in despair. Spike, the perfumista kitty (and my current avatar), watching silently.

Then, suddenly, I begin catching a faint whiff of Virginia red clay as the scent begins to crawl out from the alcoholic mire.

Over the next hour - Vetiver begins to bloom - with the clay, some spices, woods. I would catch vague whiffs of something delicious - never certain whether it was me or the others on the train.

Now, sitting at my desk, though the sillage has disappeared - I sniff my wrist and get a delicious soft anise/tobacco scent. This drydown makes waiting to wear Vetiver worth the anticipation.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Good morning everyone. Once I pry my eyes open and hit the shower, I'll be wearing MPG Fleurs des Comores.

SMM, thanks for the great review. That one sounds interesting to me. I'll surely try to test both of the new frags soon.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme today. Much welcome rain early this AM. More to come. We just finished the dryest October on record.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Jolie Madame for me today.

If I may say so .... I smell FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!

Loving all the Habanita on here today -- umm mmm.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

A crisp fall morning in vintage Cuir de Russie. Deeeeeeelicious!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Good morning, our fellow mucusoids...
    PLEASE get well ;-)
    Mama sends tea with booze ;-)

Mitsouko today.
    Saying farewell to an old, dear "friend-emy"- [ a new Meister appelation controlee], whose departure leaves me as The Last Schmuck Standing [?] at my job.
    Now, THAT is a dubious distinction.
    Hmmm.

Enjoyed having allof us Meisters insiemi in Harvard Sq. last night.
    SIGH.
    My family ROCKS !
    Takes a LOT of the sting out of life.

Be well, and go swiftly and painlessly into the day...
    MWAH.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!

I'm in the Estee Lauder stunner Knowing this morning. I always feel taller when I wear this - I think it must bring out the Paulina in me.

Somerville Metro Man - that Lumiere Noire pour Femme sounds amazing! I'm normally turned off by a cumin note, but your description makes me think that this might be the fragrance that could open my mind.

chaya - I used to live in Boston and I've missed it since the day I left (I lived in Southie for a while - twice, actually - in the 10 years I was there. I moved almost every year!) I always look forward to your posts, hoping for a mention of something familiar (I do this with movies, too - location shots of Boston/Cambridge always bring a lump to my throat...sigh.) Oh, and you smell very nice, too!

Ah, Evangeline !
    Too bad I'm a dunce with a camera ;-)

I understand the constant moving...
    Until I moved to Southie, 30 years ago, I , too , suffered from the 'student's dilemma'-
    the incessant moving about.

Your name makes me want to sing that duet from the Last Waltz, with The Band and EmmyLou :
    "Evangeline, Evangeline
    Curses the soul of the Missississippi Queen
    That stole her man away "....

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! I haven't heard that song in ages - thanks for another memory!

You don't need to take pictures - just a mention of the MFA or Harvard Square or Mass Ave, or even Mass General will make me think, "Oh, I know that place!" And chances are I lived near it at one point!

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Modesty forbids … buh-dum-pum/cymble clash."
    "Mucusoids … Last Schmuck Standing."
    Taolady, chayalady, you positively stir my ice cubes here at the BN Comedy Club Lounge.

Speaking of entertainment, did any of you catch "So You Think You Can Dance" last night? I'm still goosebumpy from Ellenore's grace. Nigel mentioned that her first glide across the stage looked like Cyd Charisse, and it's true. By this morning I'd even forgotten that her heel was caught in the dress for much of the dance with perfect partner Ryan.

It's a workday here on the Mac and after reading SakeCat's vetiver experience, I'm compelled to grab Sel de Vetiver. It loves skin, and skin I've got.

Stay under the afghan, Dora, Tigs.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Chanel no. 19 edp thank you scentemental for the sample I have been nursing it long enough.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Ligea la Sirena

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    "Modesty forbids … buh-dum-pum/cymble clash."
    "Mucusoids … Last Schmuck Standing."
    Taolady, chayalady, you positively stir my ice cubes here at the BN Comedy Club Lounge.

... I'm compelled to grab Sel de Vetiver. It loves skin, and skin I've got....
    A hearty round of applause for Taolady, Chaya & Quarry too ~ you're the triple treat of my morning! Does anyone read the SOTD thread and NOT SMILE??? I believe that would be an impossiblility.

Baldufita, your fragrance today sounds GORGEOUS! It's going on my "to test" list
    Wearing Putain des Palaces today. I didn't like it too well at first...now I'm craving it! Etat Libre d'Orange puts out some funky stuff...
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 4th November 2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: sp

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, all for your get well wishes!

I have tried every possible remedy and I already feel better ( if you leave the sneezing out! )

Somebody mentioned tea with booze? That's the next remedy for me!

I can't smell it but I am wearing Idylle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post

Baldufita, your fragrance today sounds GORGEOUS! It's going on my "to test" list

You should!!! I doesn't last very much on skin, but spritzed on clothes as well does the trick...

Post Thanks / Like

Chanel No. 19 EDT

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

SOTD today is Trish McEvoy's #9 (Blackberry & Vanilla Musk) It's all blackberry, all the time on my skin and that's just fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dora, I hope you continue to feel better. Tigrushka, get well soon also!

Mo, a belated but sincere Happy Birthday to you.

Wearing EL Private Collection, which dries down so perfectly powdery and green. Take care, all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Bigwizz!

Illuminee - Gorgeous sparkling lavender & bergamot.
    Last edited by kumquat; 4th November 2009 at 04:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mira-bai

Post Thanks / Like

More healing vibest to the sickies!

SMM, love your review, and now I need to try the Lumiere Noir! And Buldafita, I've got your SoTD on MY test list too. Sounds heavenly.

Been having mad adventures with our family's two remaining giant rabbits - Last night, one of them escaped and spent the night out! I had resigned myself to finding furry remains this morning when the scamp (who has escaped *briefly* several times in the last few weeks, during which escapades he was seen in the company of at least one of the local wild bunnies) hopped back up onto our back deck in search of hay and fresh greens. Talk about blowing one's curfew!

Today I smell gorgeous in Chanel Bois (ha-ha) des Iles. One of the most beautiful fragrances ever, in my opinion.

Wonderful Wednesday to all!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    And Buldafita, I've got your SoTD on MY test list too. Sounds heavenly.
    Please do!! I even offer myself to send some samples out because it's soo good...

Now I want to try the Pepper / Jasmine / Gaiac Wood / Passion Fruit one...

Roberto and TaoTao, that bottle is just beautiful!
    Dora, sending hugs and get-well wishes from me.
    Twolf, yes let's talk about Black Sea!
    ComDiva, so glad your bunny came home.

My SotD is L'Oiseau de Nuit. I guess I just want to be a night bird, any old time of the day. Love love love this fragrance!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Heritage (EdT) by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue EdP, it has been reformulated big time! Very nice, but someone at Guerlain toned down the cloves, carnations and heliotrope and played up the smokey vanilla base, making LhB EdP much closer to the reformulated Shalimar.

Balmain La Mome today. This one just makes me feel like I am wrapped up in a rose & jam hug.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wearing Magnolia Nobile today. Really want to love it but it's just got too much shampoo in it for me.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Post Thanks / Like

Got three packages in the mail today, all with perfumes and one with chocolate used as cushioning for perfumes. Received Knowing in perfume concentration (waves to Evangeline :wave, one that I'd rather not mention at the point, the sample of FM Above (and no, not Frederic Malle ), and 18 assorted samples of natural perfumes. Am I incredibly lucky or what?

M. Micallef Black Sea -- is weirdly involving. It is not big and quiet sea shining under the sun, it is the sea during the storm. Fresh Aquatic with a pungent iodine note (my Papa shouting: "Get out! Your goose pimples are ridiculous!") and mellow with pine needles, resins, far away insense and irises-vanilla (akin to that in Black Cashmere). I think it is their best in the Seas series.

Agree with Ubu: ELDO is a phenomenon in its own power. Same here with me -- none of their scents that I have ever tried is particularly unique, it is merely OK , I would even wear it once in a while should I ever have more than a sample -- and then Bam! -- one start craving it and thinking how fruitlessly I have used my sample. And you know, for the price they are not bad quality at all.

I sprayed that Fragrance whose name I'd rather not mention for the afternoon. Thank you, Miss DiDi.
    Last edited by Twolf; 4th November 2009 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

M. Mikallef Black Sea -- is weirdly involving. It is not big and quiet sea shining under the sun, it is the sea during the storm. Fresh Aquatic with a pungent iodine note (my Papa shouting: "Get out! Your goose pimples are ridiculous!") and mellow with pine needles, resins, far away insense and irises-vanilla (akin to that in Black Cashmere). I think it is their best in the Seas series.
    I was eyeing this one, Twolf!! And now I really want it... I'm a sucker for anything with "black" written on it...

*goes to FiF to have a look*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello, everyone!

It's so fun when a wild card turns out to be really tasty! My sotd is Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Patchouli, a surprise samp in a package from a very kind, generous BNer (((Tao))). I tried it on at bedtime yesterday and immediately decided it deserves a full day's wear.

It is sweet (it's got tonka bean in it, as well as vanilla), and the patchouli is very hippie. It is wearing very close to my skin, which is actually a welcome break from my usual sillage bombs. It has a warm, quiet, carefree vibe about it. My inner self is wearing a long, crinkly skirt and a tie-dyed bandana.

rtamara, who is the artist behind your recent avatars?

And by the way, what's up with an oud girl? Where are you, pretty lady?
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 4th November 2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: another thought

a.m. cologne bigarade
    p.m. probably une rose

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister bought me a bottle of Murmure when she vivsited the Fragonard factory in France. It reminds me of Coco. Despite the edt label, it's quite longlasting.

Scent of the afternoon is the absolutely edible L'Occitane Honey & Lemon ( to Tao). Had a very nasty run in at the store where I sell my stuff and I really needed a happy pick-me up. I'm trying not to gnaw my arm, it smells so good!
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wearing Cruel Gardenia today.

Quite the bizarre morning here in paradise...hoping the afternoon is better...

And, as always, hope you all are doing well....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bond No 9

Silver Factory!
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Fracas edp for me this evening.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing Nasomatto China White today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

YSL M7 tonight
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    ...rtamara, who is the artist behind your recent avatars?...
    I was wondering the same. Rtamara, is it possibly your own work? Maybe even a self-portrait? I like it a lot!

...M. Micallef Black Sea -- is weirdly involving. It is not big and quiet sea shining under the sun, it is the sea during the storm. Fresh Aquatic with a pungent iodine note (my Papa shouting: "Get out! Your goose pimples are ridiculous!") and mellow with pine needles, resins, far away insense and irises-vanilla (akin to that in Black Cashmere). I think it is their best in the Seas series...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    I was eyeing this one, Twolf!! And now I really want it... I'm a sucker for anything with "black" written on it... ...
    Black Sea IS rather special. Love the "goose pimples" memory, Twolf! I don't get an aquatic note (or anything particularly dark, Baldufita), but I do imagine salt mixed in with the spicy woods, resins, and undercurrent of florals. Maybe the incense gives it the salty feel? My sample is gone and I think I will actually order a second one. It's complex, and I want to think about it some more! The only other "Sea" I tried is White Sea. I liked it, too, but found it more clearly masculine than the Black.

These Micallefs are so distinctive and, for lack of a better word, classy! I love the new Note Ambree and the Gaiac is just gorgeous. I would love to hear recommendations for others to try!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loving Gucci by Gucci in the crisp night air.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com