Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Incense fragances recomendations must try

What are the Incense fragances
    must try ?

I like Encens Flamboyant

but Im looking for a all types ,
    Incense spice, incense woody, ...

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/se...cense%20series
    My Top Favorites:Eau Sauvage EdT, Houbigant Fougere Royale,Caron Pour Homme,Creed Bois du Portugal,Guerlain Vetiver,Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur,Knize Ten, Kilian-A Taste of Heaven,Dior Homme all line,Eau Sauvage Parfum ,Guerlain Habit Rouge,.Nicolai New York,Chanel Pour Monsieur, Diptique-Eau de Lavande,Lavande 44,Hermes Poivre Samarcande.Terre DHermes,Amouage Homage Attar. Amouage Memoir Man, Musc Koublai Khan,Musc Ravageur.
    Currently wearing: Lavande 44 by Rania J

Default Re: Incense fragances recomendations must try

L'air du desert marocain by Tauer.

Guerlains Bois d'Armenie is holy grail material. so is Amouage Jubilation XXV.

So you have to try: Comme Des Garcons INCENSE SERIE (especially AVIGNON and ZAGORSK)Andy Tauer's INCENSE EXTREME, Olivier Durbano's ROCK CRYSTAL and BLACK TOURMALINE and of course GUCCI POUR HOMME. These are for the beginning.

gucci envy and CDG kyoto
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

I'll second jen's recommendations of Amouage Jubilation XXV (light, sweet, woody, floral and fruty incense), and add Amouage Epic as a representatvie of spicy incense genre.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Le Labo Vetyver 46- much more incense than vetivery

A couple of the Tauer's are great. Incense Rose worth a sniff
    Currently wearing: Gendarme 20 by Gendarme

IMO (of those I've tried)

L'Air du Desert Marocain
    CDG Kyoto
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Amouage Dia for Men
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

The entire CdG Incense line is one that any incense lover needs to check out.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Le Labo 31 - incense + rose
    Jubilation XXV - dried fruits + incense
    Black Tourmaline - leather + cold incense

I second the Black Tourmaline. No incense excursion is complete without Black Tourmaline

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Basenotes Institution

Etro Messe de Minuit
    Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Occitane Eau des Baux
    Tom Ford Splits:Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute, Tobacco Vanille ONE LEFT: Italian Cypress, Patchouli Absolu, Amber Absolute, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

These are my favourites where the incense dominates:

Tauer Incense Rose
    Tauer Incense Extreme
    Etro Messe et Minuit
    Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer
    Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi

If you are looking for an inexpensive one that I think definitely smells better than its price range, Zirh IKON.

Jacomo de Jacomo: spices smoothed by incense.

Armani Prive Bois d'Encens - A very refined and pure frankincense note mixed with woods and peppery top notes. Great, great stuff, but really expensive and doesn't project much.

L'Air du Desert Marocain - Frankincense used in the context of an ambery oriental, exotic and wonderful.

Gucci pour Homme - Smoky incense mixed with woods, an excellent value for money. If I had sampled it blind I could have easily believed it were a scent by Serge Lutens or some other luxe fragrance house. It's been my SotD for the last straight week or two; I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Guerlains Bois d'Armenie is holy grail material. so is Amouage Jubilation XXV.
    If it is the holy grail, then I am definitely in.

I recently bought Incens Flamboyant, and find that when layered with L'heure Bleue it gives an amazing depth to a very linear fragrance. Wonderful.

Bertrand Douchaufour is a master with incense. Three of my favorites:

L'Artisan - Dzongkha: woody iris and incense

Eau D'Italie - Paestum Rose: spicy rose and incense

L'Artisan - Timbuktu: dry woods, cardamom and incense

Jacomo de Jacomo ROUGE

Nino Cerruti (1979)

Carlos Santana (though I do not think it contains incense, it does smell of nag champa.)

Michael Storer-Monk
    Serge Lutens-Serge Noire
    Tauer-Incense Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Gucci pour Homme - Smoky incense mixed with woods, an excellent value for money. If I had sampled it blind I could have easily believed it were a scent by Serge Lutens or some other luxe fragrance house. It's been my SotD for the last straight week or two; I highly recommend it.
    I agree. I think it is much more appealing than some acclaimed incense niche frags (Timbuktu, for example). It is a little bit underrated around these parts.

Others good designer incense frags are Black Cashmere DKNY and Lui Rochas.

CDG Kyoto and frensh lover FM

Gucci Pour Homme I
    C&S Frankincense and Myrrh
    and there's definitely some incense that adds to the feel of Kouros if you can stand wearing it to find it.

Aedes de Venustas (L'Artisan) - a slimmed-down Jubilation XXV with coffee/rose instead of the fruit/spice accords.

Fille En Aiguilles is a very resinous pine that reminds me of highest quality pine incense.
    Patchouli 24 has a dark smokey incense feel.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Blog Entries

If you are looking for actual authentic frankincense smells, believe it or not, L'Artisan Navegar has a very good "Boswelllia Sacra" note in it's drydown.

Tauer has several good frankincense based scents, my favorite being Incense Extreme, which smells very strongly of the Frankincense species Boswellia Serrata.

Heeley's Cardinal, and all the CDG incenses, especially Avignon, have some good frankincense notes in them, but all are mostly synthetic, not necessarily in a bad way.

I have yet to smell Amouage Epic man, but am eager to, and I assume it will use a Boswellia Sacra note of extremely high quality.

If you are looking for the stereotypical smell of stick incense, not raw frankincense, there are several scents of varying types of spicy/sweet/smoky stick incense:

The two best sweet/spicy incense scents imo are:
    Amouage Jubilation XXV (fruits, honey and dark incense)
    L-Occitane Eax Des Bavx (alot of woods/spice/vanilla, but still enough Incense to qualify unlike some other woody/spicy/sweet "incense scents")

And one of the more unique unknown incense scents on BN, one that i find similar to some of Shoyeido's Sandalwood and Nanzan varieties, is Sartoriale by Pal Zileri.

After many incense scents my humble opinion is that Encens Flamboyant is the most beautiful, most wearable one. But you yourself should experience it, I agree

There have been a lot of good suggestions here (Epic Man and XXV are some of my faves), but how have we gone this far in the thread without someone recommending the sublime Un Parfum des Sens et Bois by the different company?

Ethereal incense of the highest order. A must sniff!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    If you are looking for actual authentic frankincense smells, believe it or not, L'Artisan Navegar has a very good "Boswelllia Sacra" note in it's drydown.
    Really?! I need to go back and scrutinize that one. The topnotes sort of steer you in a radically different direction, mostly green.

Cool.