Code of Conduct

Question Ladies who wear Knize Ten

As a guy, I might have an indiscreet question to all the ladies of Basenotes: which one of you actually likes to wear Knize Ten.
    Although a male frag, it seems to enjoy a certain reputation among female wearers and I was just curious if there is anyone among the Basenotes who either wears it or would consider wearing it.

Default Re: Ladies who wear Knize Ten

Ken, I've never tried it but it has always stuck out on my radar. I totally had to go check out the directory listing just now! It sounds complex and intriguing. Most leather scents do to me, and if ever there was a note I'd like to really explore, it's leather. So I would def consider wearing it!

It's funny, although I own scents like K10, Chanel PM, Eau Sauvage, etc., I think that they're almost cliched when worn by men...I think a lady wearing Knize Ten could make me switch teams.

Worn it for years.......although not in the current stable.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Love it! Don't wear it often enough.

I suspect I am more inclined to wear Knize Ten over many other traditional masculines because it reads as a floral leather on me and is missing the sharp aquatic / green notes I personally register as "masculine".

Here's my review.... http://sakecat.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/knize-ten/
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

I bought this for my spouse, and I must admit to wearing it occasionally. Very nice topnote, great drydown. In fact, I make it rule not to buy anything for him that I would not wear myself.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I wear it. It's great.

But then I am a leather fiend.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I, like soir, am a leather fiend (that sounds so much naughtier than we mean it in this case!) but, I haven't gotten me any Knize Ten yet....it's on my wish list, though! LoveLoveLove me some leather!
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 5th November 2009 at 10:11 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    As a guy, I might have an indiscreet question to all the ladies of Basenotes: which one of you actually likes to wear Knize Ten.
    Although a male frag, it seems to enjoy a certain reputation among female wearers and I was just curious if there is anyone among the Basenotes who either wears it or would consider wearing it.
    As a fragrance adventuress, I am not hesitant to try "male" scents, esp. those with leather notes mixed with floral! I am currently sampling Cabochard, Jolie Madame and Balmain de Balmain. I have also enjoyed Kelly Caleche EDT.

I would like to try Knize Ten someday, but it has been hard to find, and I am first setting sights on Pleine Cuir Fleur.

This is an article on men's scents for women...and I daresay I *like* the image of TWO women courting this early 19th century "French dandy." Knize Ten is one of the scents. (I wear Equipage...)

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...he_week_2.html
    Last edited by Primrose; 6th November 2009 at 03:43 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I have a small bottle of it and love it but haven't worn it for a long time.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I had a small bottle and wore and loved it. On me I got more spicey than leather strangely.

Oddly a female friend who adored citrus fragrances also loved and wore it.
    DONNA

Like it a lot. I had a decant, still a little left of it. I don't think it smells that masculine, I find it a little flowery and completely wearable by a woman. But it seems it changes with the wearer.

You're not surprised that I wear it...are you ?

Blog Entries

I haven't tried it in a while. I should get it out & check it again. Leather has always been tricky for me. Knize Ten struck me as over-the-top male (for me). It's very strong stuff. I usually wear Chanel Cuir de Russie for leather. To keep the powder at bay, I sometimes add Montale Lime Aoud. Who would think that would be a good combo? It just seemed right somehow & it worked.

I'm really curious about it. Normally leather doesn't work all too well on me..with the exceptions of Cuir Ottoman (have to buy it!) and Lonestar Memories...but heard really good reviews..