Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Man revives great-great grandfather's perfume business (VIDEO clips)

A businessman has revived his great-great grandfather's business as a perfumer after discovering the 19th century formula books belonging to perfumer John Grossmith.

Note: Volume slide seems to work backwards (far left for increasing sound).

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//I.../04/T04110925/
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Man revives great-great grandfather's perfume business (VIDEO clips)

Quarry, thank you for posting this!

I LOVE the history of perfume--that is, when it is real history. I despise it when a "faux history" is manufactured to sell the fragrance.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Man revives great-great grandfather's perfume business (VIDEO clips)

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

I suppose a new starter to the industry has to create history if they haven't got one. Or start bottling 'history' like what Histoires de Parfums and DelRae are doing...

Thanks for sharing, watching this was a real treat to me.

Wow--this was a great viewing. Thank you for sharing.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)