Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Polo Red, White and Blue

I can imagine all of those notes except for one: What in the world is curry sage? Is it supposed to be clary sage?

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Since you are the resident Basenotes L'Oreal (Giorgio Armani Parfums/Ralph Lauren Fragrances/Viktor & Rolf Parfums/YSL Beaute) rep, I knew you could clear up the confusion for us in a jiffy. Thanks!

Anyway, is Polo Red, White, and Blue a limited edition, or a permanent addition to the Polo line?
    I'm sorry for the late reply to this question.....I have heard that this is a permanent fragrance.....I hope that this is the case.....I do like Polo Blue and I feel that this is a very nice addition to the line.....Gary

I think this is most definitely an improvement on Polo Blue.
    But i don't really smell a distinct and/or believable apple note here, certainly nothing like the very natural apple note in the aforementioned Pal Zileri.

The base is definitely Smoother, and the single note which always seemed to irritate me in Polo Blue is either thankfully missing or hidden. But it's not striking enough to warrant a purchase for me, shame as that bottle is truly a classic design.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Thumbs up Re: Polo Red, White and Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I think this is most definitely an improvement on Polo Blue.
    But i don't really smell a distinct and/or believable apple note here, certainly nothing like the very natural apple note in the aforementioned Pal Zileri.

The base is definitely Smoother, and the single note which always seemed to irritate me in Polo Blue is either thankfully missing or hidden. But it's not striking enough to warrant a purchase for me, shame as that bottle is truly a classic design.
    although the changes between pb and rwb are subtle, their is a difference, I think the frosted lavender tonic really sets this apart from Blue imo. after about 2 hours, it really comes to the forefront. its like a cool breeze following you all day. you could wear this in summer as well as winter imo. not to sound condescending, but I believe only true fragrance aficionados will be able to appreciate this offering., great stuff.

^It's not top shelf but certainly better than every Polo fragrance since explorer/double black. However, since my post, I have discovered a scent featuring apple which trumped the Zileri and all below it featuring apple......Cereus #4.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ^It's not top shelf but certainly better than every Polo fragrance since explorer/double black. However, since my post, I have discovered a scent featuring apple which trumped the Zileri and all below it featuring apple......Cereus #4.
    I've seen you praise Cereus #4 a few times as a great apple scent. I've simply got to try this, come next summer. Er.. perhaps the scent has enough substance to be satisfying in winter?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

To those who own this fragrance...

Could you please input on its sillage and longevity?

Thanks

Smelled it a few days ago and didn't care for it at all.

Got a 75ml bottle of this as a gift today from a friend (it was my bday 2 days ago), will provide my thoughts after some full wearings.
    Although I'm not ecstatic about it, I do need a filler for my lost bottle of Polo Blue (which I happened to like), and with cucumber and apple as some of the featured notes, I think it's more a crowd pleaser, which is a welcome addition to my wardrobe at this time. Expecting warmer weather coming into March, so fingers crossed it might be a good kick-off to summer-use frags.
    Currently wearing: Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy